Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
    Loss to Washington = Alamo Bowl
    Win against Washington = Rose Bowl and no playoff for Washington
    I approve of this message

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Buffs open as 7 point dogs to Washington.

This will be a true test to see if we are playoff worthy or just a really good also ran.
    The key is to get consistent pressure on Browning. If you look at what USC did to them; massive blitz packages that forced Browning to either hold the ball and take a sack or throw it away. That's how you beat this team.

Quote Originally Posted by darryn16 View Post
    The key is to get consistent pressure on Browning. If you look at what USC did to them; massive blitz packages that forced Browning to either hold the ball and take a sack or throw it away. That's how you beat this team.
    And keep our secondary from getting targeting penalties like what happened on the second drive against Wazzou. I really really hate how soft NCAA has become with those rules.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    And keep our secondary from getting targeting penalties like what happened on the second drive against Wazzou. I really really hate how soft NCAA has become with those rules.
    Even Mike Pereira was upset and said it shouldn't have been targeting. Stupid refs, there should be no such thing as "targeting call on the field stands". If you don't know, then say it's not targeting and reverse the decision!

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkPanda View Post
    I will be pretty annoyed with both scenarios. If we beat Washington, we deserve a playoff berth. Who are they going to put in that has a better resume than us? If we lose to Washington, we deserve to go to the Rose Bowl. I don't think the bowl selection committee will punish us for losing the conference championship game by leaving us out of the Rose Bowl. If that happened in the same year as all the controversy regarding OSU probably making the playoffs without playing in their conference championship game, that could kill conference championship games completely.

Noone would want to play in a conference championship game because there would be high risk no reward

I think we have a puncher's chance against Washington. They lost two of their top defenders to season ending injuries recently and Jake Browning has looked VERY ordinary lately. He has great wide receivers that can make plays if he just throws the ball anywhere within their vicinity, but he crumbles when pressured and he has probably the most noodle arm of any qb in the Pac 12. It's going to come down to which Sefo comes to play next week. If bad Sefo shows up, we lose. If good Sefo shows up, we win. But it's pretty much a coin flip regarding this, he's gotta be the most inconsistent qb in college football
    To start? Alabama, Ohio State, Michigan, and Penn State all have better resumes. Clemson would be a debate but I still think they have a better resume. I do agree that CU doesn't have any bad losses, but haven't beaten any great teams. Beat good teams but not great teams. Had CU beaten USC, the winner of Washington-CU would be guaranteed playoff bound.

I meant who are they going to put into that 4th spot ahead of us, obviously. And I said IF we beat Washington. If we do that we will have beaten a great team. And our SoS will be much stronger than Penn State's, who has played a very weak schedule. Not to mention they got blown out by Michigan

Does anyone think CU beating Washington is a pipe dream?

Because it's totally a pipe dream.

Hooray, beer!

Quote Originally Posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    Does anyone think CU beating Washington is a pipe dream?

Because it's totally a pipe dream.
    In August going 10-2 and playing for a PAC-12 title was a pipe dream. But guess what? It happened.

I don't have my hopes up a ton but there is a reason they play the games on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
    To start? Alabama, Ohio State, Michigan, and Penn State all have better resumes. Clemson would be a debate but I still think they have a better resume. I do agree that CU doesn't have any bad losses, but haven't beaten any great teams. Beat good teams but not great teams. Had CU beaten USC, the winner of Washington-CU would be guaranteed playoff bound.
    If Colorado beats Washington they would have a higher resume win than Clemson. And Washington is #4 right now. Who have they beat that screams wow?

Also you obviously aren't going to put all three of those Big 10 teams so regardless of resume one of them will be left out. And really should be two left out.

Either way though I'm not naive. The buffs pretty much need a clemson loss and beat Washington to have a prayer. And even though they are sitting at 5 Michigan is eliminated. The committee will not put two teams in that didn't even play for their conference title.

But even if those first two scenarios happen the committee will likely punish CU for not being the sexy team to take.

CU has a decent chance to win against Washington IF they play much better ST than they have overall this season ... its not likely that they will fix FGs but they can fix KRs. The primary reason we lost to Michigan (in Michigan) was blunders by the ST, it didn't help that Sefo got injured either. The loss at USC also had to do with poor ST play. Even though you have a good team on offense and defense if you are BAD on ST it will cost you a loss or 2, CU should consider having a coach dedicated to ST in the future.

CU is good enough to beat Washington, especially with their defense.
    This has been a great season for the Buffs, as a fan I am already more than satisfied with their accomplishments this season win or lose the PAC12 championship. They seem to have a relative bright future as well.

GO BUFFS!

Quote Originally Posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
    CU has a decent chance to win against Washington IF they play much better ST than they have overall this season ... its not likely that they will fix FGs but they can fix KRs. The primary reason we lost to Michigan (in Michigan) was blunders by the ST, it didn't help that Sefo got injured either. The loss at USC also had to do with poor ST play. Even though you have a good team on offense and defense if you are BAD on ST it will cost you a loss or 2, CU should consider having a coach dedicated to ST in the future.

CU is good enough to beat Washington, especially with their defense.
    This has been a great season for the Buffs, as a fan I am already more than satisfied with their accomplishments this season win or lose the PAC12 championship. They seem to have a relative bright future as well.

GO BUFFS!
    I completely agree with this and it's why I hate the well Michigan won argument cuz anyone who watched the game knows the outcome changed on the two things you mentioned.

The problem is I don't think we are suddenly going to wake up and have the ST issues resolved come Friday. I believe it takes a lot of practice to solve. And a lot of ours stems from inferior talent. The team doesnt have the same identity of the ones we grew up with as a national powerhouse. So when you play teams like USC and Michigan it feels like you are up against a brick wall.

Maybe it was just my fan paranoia but the ST blunders against Michigan almost felt like the team was expecting to botch them. Especially when the punter kicked into the back of his own player.

I'm just not sure how the coaches fix that for Friday if they haven't by this point in the season.

5 hours till kickoff. This is the most nervous I've been for a Buffs game to start in a decade.

Good luck to Colorado tonight. I'm rooting for you guys to beat Washington.
    Dread it.Run from it.
    Destiny arrives all the same.

Go buffs!!!!!!!

Man, this sucks! Gotta take our QB out huh?

GO BUFFS!!!

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
    Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
    Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
    Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
    I still miss you Jake Plummer!