Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rockrules40 View Post
    If CSU beats us Hawkins should be fired. I don't care if it is the first game of the season, might as well get it over with because if we lose again I don't see us pulling off more than 3 games.

How is it my #2 team has had 3 coaches in 3 years and I'm still waiting on Hawkins to get the boot?

Year 5 Hawk, make it or break it!!
    even if hawkins beats csu 70-0, he should still be fired. the guy is an ******* and a terrible football coach

Quote Originally Posted by pitnlala View Post
    Can someone tell me the last player that Hawk Brought in that is better now, than when he first hit the field?

Of course. Here's a player that has shown (cough cough) improvement:

Aric Goodman was 5 for 14 in field goals in 2008 season.
    Aric Goodman was 10 for 18 field goals in 2009.

time to give aric his gold shoes back

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkPanda View Post
    time to give aric his gold shoes back

pLEASe. No.

Hawk should of had his ass canned at the end of this year. I'm a student at CU and it pisses me off that we will probably never have at least a decent football team before I graduate. This year it was 10 wins, no excuses, and we almost had 10 losses. Pathetic. When they retained Hawkins, they killed recruiting for this year, the fan base had nothing to do with it.

Hawkins has shown that he can't win here, the recruits he brought in don't want to play for him (several have left the program), and he hasn't properly developed the players he has brought in. Not to mention, who's that Big 12 Star Qb like a McCoy or Bradford that wants to come in and compete with the coaches son? He probably realized that and just committed somewhere else.

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Quote Originally Posted by ChefBoyRD View Post
    Of course. Here's a player that has shown (cough cough) improvement:

Aric Goodman was 5 for 14 in field goals in 2008 season.
    Aric Goodman was 10 for 18 field goals in 2009.

I don't know how this guy makes it around campus, alive.

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Quote Originally Posted by BluenOrnge4Life View Post
    I'm a student at CU and it pisses me off that we will probably never have at least a decent football team before I graduate.
    Despite everything, 2010 may be our year.

It's the 20th anniversary of CU winning the national championship.
    Most of the freshmen and soon to be sophomores on the team were born close to 1990. Several of the current players had high school coaches who played on that championship team.
    Maybe this is the year we remember how it's done. I sure hope so.

Have you guys heard the rumor surrounding CU possibly going into the PAC 10?

Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Yes, there is lots of buzz about conference realignments.

Colorado is more in line academically with the Pac 10 (which could even become the PAC 14 in one scenario) so it's possible. Why would they want Colorado? For one reason, we have a large television market with no large cities nearby to dilute it. Revenue.

Read Ron61's argument in the comments following this Post story. Interesting.
    http://blogs.denverpost.com/sports/2...ve-for-pac-10/

Yeah I'd like to say CU stay in the Big 12, with the right coach there's no reason we can't compete.

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Well if CU left the Big 12, there goes its inter-conference rivalries, which is fun for everyone. Also, I don't understand why they would switch conferences, just doesn't make sense to me. And like BluenOrnge4Life said, with the right coach, CU can compete. I mean, they have for years and years, so get rid of Hawkins and stay in the Big 12.

There was talk about CU going to the PAC-10 5 seasons ago. I don't know how I would feel about that being a CU and USC fan. If it were to happen I would continue to be a fan of both schools. Either way, it still puts CU in an elite football conference. I just hope we can bring a coach in that will return us to competing again, Hawkins is not getting the job done.

I am a native to Boulder, so I bleed gold and black.

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
    Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
    Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
    Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
    I still miss you Jake Plummer!

Yeah I'd like to say CU stay in the Big 12, with the right coach there's no reason we can't compete.
    The Big 12 could cease to exist - the current Big 10 would get bigger, some of the conferences like Mountain West might gain new members or realign.

All the schools are looking out for themselves. have to.

As far as rivalries, it's likely that they could make arrangements that CU would still play the Huskers, for example Out of Conference, every year, the way we play CSU for starters.

The Big 8 became the Big 12 in 1994 (became effective as far as scheduling in 1996), so it hasn't been that long when you think about it. TV contracts are up soon, that's what is driving this conversation.

The only reason why Colorado would leave the Big 12 is if the PAC 10 offers a better deal. It's actually fairly likely considering the fact that CU has had financial troubles.

This has nothing to do with competitiveness, and everything to do with the PAC 10 wanting the Denver market.

If the Big 12 is smart they will do what they need to do to step up and keep both CU and Texas in the Big 12.

The PAC 10 is reportedly after Utah also, which would make sense. The Utes could be competitive in the PAC 10 and Salt Lake is a pretty big market.

Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

I love CU. I graduated from CU. But there are plenty of reasons why we can't compete. The school doesn't make the committment to athletics that other schools like the Oklahomas, the Texas schools, or even the Kansas schools let alone Nebraska. I'm not saying they don't have nice facilities. I'm saying they don't have the same backing. Until the school's powers that be start funding CU sports in general better, I don't think we can really compete in any sport. It's frustrating to fans, but in my opinion, it's reality.

To prove my point, think of the sports we don't have that other Big 12 schools do have. It's not important.