X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bronco51
    Football Immortal
    • Jan 2005

Excited about what Tucker will bring. Can't wait for him to have an actual QB.

Comment

• DenverBlood
      Football Immortal
      • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
      Excited about what Tucker will bring. Can't wait for him to have an actual QB.
      I‘m so glad we no longer have to watch Montez.
      sigpic

Comment

• brianmcfarlane
        Football Immortal
        • Dec 2012

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
        I‘m so glad we no longer have to watch Montez.
        I agree! I am looking forward to CU having a different QB next year, hopefully one that can make better decisions and consistently make plays. CU came out looking pretty tough. I think if Montez could of made some plays instead of making bonehead plays the Buffs may have been able to keep up with Utah.
        Its amazing that he became CU’s all-time leader in passing yards and he also passed Sefo Liufau to become the school’s all-time total offense leader. 17-22 as the Buffaloes’ starting quarterback.
        I thought maybe Montez would lead them to some decent seasons after seeing his first season but it just didn't seem he progressed very much the last couple of seasons.
        sigpic

Comment

• DenverBlood
          Football Immortal
          • Nov 2005

Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
          I agree! I am looking forward to CU having a different QB next year, hopefully one that can make better decisions and consistently make plays. CU came out looking pretty tough. I think if Montez could of made some plays instead of making bonehead plays the Buffs may have been able to keep up with Utah.
          Its amazing that he became CU’s all-time leader in passing yards and he also passed Sefo Liufau to become the school’s all-time total offense leader. 17-22 as the Buffaloes’ starting quarterback.
          I thought maybe Montez would lead them to some decent seasons after seeing his first season but it just didn't seem he progressed very much the last couple of seasons.
          He didn’t progress at all. He broke the records just by being a 3 year starter plus filling in a few times when Sefo got injured.

But personally I never liked either of them. Sefo only held records for the same reason. Started his entire career. His only winning season was due to the best defense the Buffs had in 15 years. And Phillip Lindsay. Sefo proved against Washington and Okie st that he couldn’t beat legitimate teams.

Better QBs have come through CU than both of them but played in an era where we were a much larger running team than today.

Mel Tucker is going to return the Buffs to a prominent rushing attack once he gets better recruits in though and beefs up the oline. So it’s quite possible they will have superior QBs that won’t break records. They’ll manage the games with timely precision passing ala Fromm
          sigpic

Comment

• Bronco51
            Football Immortal
            • Jan 2005

I heard a stat that said Montez’ average loss was by 17 points. So he was always throwing to keep up. So that’s where those numbers come from. Although he was most of the reason they were down most of the time. I want Tucker to get the running game going. Especially in Boulder where you can run them out of the stadium. Looking forward to seeing where he takes them.

Comment

• Kyousukeneko
              Football Immortal
              • May 2010

regardless i am gonna be rooting for Viska in the nfl if he moves on where ever he lands.
              sigpic
              oakland raders gm
              latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• Bronco51
                Football Immortal
                • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
                regardless i am gonna be rooting for Viska in the nfl if he moves on where ever he lands.
                That kid was a legit Heisman contender with a competent QB. Can't wait for him to do well in the league.

Comment

• darryn16
                  Captain
                  • Sep 2012

He didn’t progress at all. He broke the records just by being a 3 year starter plus filling in a few times when Sefo got injured.

But personally I never liked either of them. Sefo only held records for the same reason. Started his entire career. His only winning season was due to the best defense the Buffs had in 15 years. And Phillip Lindsay. Sefo proved against Washington and Okie st that he couldn’t beat legitimate teams.

Better QBs have come through CU than both of them but played in an era where we were a much larger running team than today.

Mel Tucker is going to return the Buffs to a prominent rushing attack once he gets better recruits in though and beefs up the oline. So it’s quite possible they will have superior QBs that won’t break records. They’ll manage the games with timely precision passing ala Fromm
                  I have to say that I'm actually excited for the future of this program. I haven't been able to say that since the late 80's -- early 90's. Tucker should be able to draw some good recruits and build the team to compete in the PAC 12 and for bowl games.

Comment

• DenverBlood
                    Football Immortal
                    • Nov 2005

Buffs recruiting class ranked 30th with four 4 star signings. Pretty sure that’s the best recruiting class in over 15 years.
                    sigpic

Comment

• brianmcfarlane
                      Football Immortal
                      • Dec 2012

A huge signing is Antonio Alfano ... I am pretty sure he was a 5 star recruit out of high school? He was recruited by Alabama and he committed/enrolled with them but I guess had some family things and is transferring to CU. He was named the No. 1 prospect in the 2019 class by 247Sports with a perfect rating of 100, where he was also the top rated strongside defensive end and top player from New Jersey.
                      Looks like a great class, Tucker is getting it done!
                      sigpic

Comment

• DenverBlood
                        Football Immortal
                        • Nov 2005

A huge signing is Antonio Alfano ... I am pretty sure he was a 5 star recruit out of high school? He was recruited by Alabama and he committed/enrolled with them but I guess had some family things and is transferring to CU. He was named the No. 1 prospect in the 2019 class by 247Sports with a perfect rating of 100, where he was also the top rated strongside defensive end and top player from New Jersey.
                        Looks like a great class, Tucker is getting it done!
                        Yeah I don’t think he was part of this recruiting class though. I was told he transferred through the transfer portal early in the spring and is already enrolled in classes. So this outstanding class is in addition to him.
                        sigpic

Comment

• brianmcfarlane
                          Football Immortal
                          • Dec 2012

Yeah I don’t think he was part of this recruiting class though. I was told he transferred through the transfer portal early in the spring and is already enrolled in classes. So this outstanding class is in addition to him.
                          According to CU's football website he is listed as a part of the 2020 Football Recruiting Class. He enrolled at Alabama for the spring 2019 semester and did not appear in any games and entered the transfer portal in October. Had two sacks in Alabama’s Spring Game.
                          Will enroll at Colorado for spring 2020 semester.
                          sigpic

Comment

• DenverBlood
                            Football Immortal
                            • Nov 2005

Guess Colorado can’t have nice things. Mel Tucker is Interviewing for the vacant Sparty job. Let’s hope Luke Fickell gets it.
                            sigpic

Comment

• DenverBlood
                              Football Immortal
                              • Nov 2005

Out walks that disgraceful liar Tucker and out walks the Buffs future.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Bronco51
                                Football Immortal
                                • Jan 2005

I hope the Big 10 is cruel to Tucker, and that this opens the door for Eric Bieniemy to make a glorious return to Boulder.

Comment

Working...
                                X