Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy8 View Post
    I love CU. I graduated from CU. But there are plenty of reasons why we can't compete. The school doesn't make the committment to athletics that other schools like the Oklahomas, the Texas schools, or even the Kansas schools let alone Nebraska. I'm not saying they don't have nice facilities. I'm saying they don't have the same backing. Until the school's powers that be start funding CU sports in general better, I don't think we can really compete in any sport. It's frustrating to fans, but in my opinion, it's reality.

To prove my point, think of the sports we don't have that other Big 12 schools do have. It's not important.
    I do all the time, wanted to go to CU since I was in middle school, was a good Baseball player in high school, but couldn't consider CU in the 90's because they didn't have a Baseball Program. Was always so sad because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosTX77 View Post
    I do all the time, wanted to go to CU since I was in middle school, was a good Baseball player in high school, but couldn't consider CU in the 90's because they didn't have a Baseball Program. Was always so sad because of it.
    Where did you end up playing?

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy8 View Post
    To prove my point, think of the sports we don't have that other Big 12 schools do have. It's not important.

That's a budget issue due to Colorado's unique funding situation, and the effects of Title 9 on sports.

yeah, it's sad we don't have men's soccer and baseball, but it would be nice if folks were out there supporting the teams we DO have.

Just a thought.

There's also that pesky state law; assistant coaches can't be given a contract for more than one year.

I think I need to update the conference we will belong to in the main post. LOL

Just need to wait to see what other schools will join us in the Pac-10!

GO BUFFS!!

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
    Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
    Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
    Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
    I still miss you Jake Plummer!

I know that we will not move this season or what not, but does anyone know if the new conference will take place in the 2011 season? When will things happen for the re-alignment? I have yet to hear or see an article stating this.

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac

Quote Originally Posted by Broncoholic JS View Post
    I know that we will not move this season or what not, but does anyone know if the new conference will take place in the 2011 season? When will things happen for the re-alignment? I have yet to hear or see an article stating this.
    2012 is what I remember Dave Logan saying the other day.

I think Ben Tate will be the best back taken in the 2010 draft. (5/3/10)
    SportsXPicks, check out the Rants and Opinions section

Quote Originally Posted by draco193 View Post
    2012 is what I remember Dave Logan saying the other day.
    Makes sense! I want it the sooner the better! Can't wait to see this take shape and it is going to be awesome!

CU is going to get worked in the PAC 10. It was getting ugly in the Big 12 north but in the new and improved PAC 10? Ouch

kinda hard to get worked worse than 2-10. the conference doesn't matter. if we still have ****ty hawkins as our coach, we would even get worked in the big east. hopefully that disgrace to the coaching profession gets fired at the end of the year and our idiot athletic director is able to hire a solid coach for the first time in his career (seriously, look at his track record. not exaggerating) to replace him

Quote Originally Posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
    CU is going to get worked in the PAC 10. It was getting ugly in the Big 12 north but in the new and improved PAC 10? Ouch
    Atleast USC will be on a down trend for a few years. Oregon will be dominant, and Cal will usually be better than average.

Look out for the Huskies. They are trending upward I believe, and might become a power in the PAC 10 once again.

Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

The Buffaloes make me sad no matter what conference they're in. They've become one of the worst teams in the nation over the last few years...
    Only fools bet against Tim Tebow.

Team Tebow #108

Yards, without points, mean nothing.

CU and Utah in the Pac 10 was a good move. I was hoping to see Boise St go to Pac 10 but I like the additions.

Last game I watched WAZZU live was at Qwest Field in Seattle against the Buffs....Cougs lost!! Poor Cougs are just going to be whipping boys!!

Quote Originally Posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
    Ya CU in the Pac-10 will be like the raiders in the AFC west

Quote Originally Posted by SeekandDestroy View Post
    Ya CU in the Pac-10 will be like the raiders in the AFC west
    That's funny. Utah will probably do better in the PAC12 than CU.

Wonder how CU would do in the MWC? Reference their games w/CSU, I guess.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus