Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    That's funny. Utah will probably do better in the PAC12 than CU.

Wonder how CU would do in the MWC? Reference their games w/CSU, I guess.
    They'll almost certainly do better. Utah has a nice program.
    Only fools bet against Tim Tebow.

Team Tebow #108

Yards, without points, mean nothing.

Question How would CU do in the MWC?

Quote Originally Posted by DancingHorsey View Post
    They'll almost certainly do better. Utah has a nice program.
    It's total speculation, but since CU and CSU play annually that could be used as an indicator.

In 2009 CSU defeated CU 23-17 at Folsom field. CSU then went 0-8 in the Mountain West. CU was 2-6 in the Big XII.

In 2008, CU beat CSU 38-17. CSU then went 4-4 in the MWC. CU was 1-7 in the Big XII.

In 2007, CU beat CSU 31-28. CSU went 2-6 in the MWC that year. CU was 4-4 in the Big XII.

In 2006, CSU beat CU 14-10 and went 1-7 in the MWC. CU was 2-6 in the Big XII.

In 2005, CSU lost to CU 28-31, but went 5-3 in the conference. CU was 5-4 in the Big XII.

It will be interesting to see how CU does in the PAC12. I wonder when they will start playing Utah? :salute!:
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    It's total speculation, but since CU and CSU play annually that could be used as an indicator.

In 2009 CSU defeated CU 23-17 at Folsom field. CSU then went 0-8 in the Mountain West. CU was 2-6 in the Big XII.

In 2008, CU beat CSU 38-17. CSU then went 4-4 in the MWC. CU was 1-7 in the Big XII.

In 2007, CU beat CSU 31-28. CSU went 2-6 in the MWC that year. CU was 4-4 in the Big XII.

In 2006, CSU beat CU 14-10 and went 1-7 in the MWC. CU was 2-6 in the Big XII.

In 2005, CSU lost to CU 28-31, but went 5-3 in the conference. CU was 5-4 in the Big XII.

It will be interesting to see how CU does in the PAC12. I wonder when they will start playing Utah? :salute!:
    Wow those records are just depressing for a college football fan living in Colorado...

Really depressing...

Team Tebow #108

Quote Originally Posted by DancingHorsey View Post
    Wow those records are just depressing for a college football fan living in Colorado...

Really depressing...
    But right now you have 2 opposites. Hawkins has been killing CU's program. While it looks like Fairchild is building a pretty good program at CSU. Expect CSU to have a good year especially with their loaded talent at RB, and a good QB.

If CU and CSU become bowl elgible that is a good year for both

Orangemen > Buffs

alright this is what we need to lift our spirits and give us hope about Colorado football.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfME-Pdn5Dg

the only thing that could give me hope for this season is if dan hawkins announced his resignation before the season started. and took his boise gang with him.

CU strikes Recruiting gold for 2011

Didnt see this posted yet

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_15432092

A late push from UCLA was nearly enough, but Valor Christian quarterback Brock Berglund stuck with the team he grew up cheering for. The 6-foot-4, 205-pound dual-threat quarterback has committed to Colorado.

"CU is a place, growing up here, that I've always looked at as 'That's the place I wanted to go,' " Berglund said Friday. "But I decided at the beginning of this processes that . . . I couldn't make a rushed decision, and I needed to evaluate all the options."

Those options — Duke, Kansas, Utah and especially UCLA — nearly took Berglund out of the state. Berglund said he was close to committing to UCLA after a visit this summer.

"About a month ago, I would've said that I'm going to UCLA," Berglund said.

A phone call last week from CU offensive coordinator Eric Kiesau changed that.

"It was probably the first time I talked to him since that (UCLA) visit," Berglund said. "The relationship we have is real special. I think we can do a lot of good things (at CU)."

Berglund is the consensus pick as the top quarterback in the state for the 2011 class, according to recruiting services Rivals.com and Scout.com. Rivals rates him as the 13th-best dual-threat quarterback in the nation.

Berglund said playing early wasn't a factor in his decision, although CU does graduate Cody Hawkins after this season and Tyler Hansen will be a senior in 2011.

"Anywhere you go to play college football, you're going to have to compete for a job," Berglund said. "I mean, I looked at the quarterback situation (at CU), but I'm not saying, 'I'm going to go in there and start for four years.' That's not how it's going to be. I'm going to go in there and compete to play as early as I can."

As a junior last fall, Berglund threw for 30 touchdowns — vs. just four interceptions — and ran for 14 more. This spring, he made the finals in the 200-meter dash at the Class 4A meet.

Valor Christian, the 2009 3A state football champion, will make the leap to 4A this fall.

Oral commitments are nonbinding until national signing day, which is Feb. 2, 2011.

Denver Post staff writer Tom Kensler contributed to this report. Ryan Casey: 303-954-1983 or rcasey@denverpost.com

Prep football commitments

2011 CU commitments

Brock Berglund, QB, Valor Christian, 6-feet-4, 205 pounds

Nick Sherry, QB, Casa Grande (Calif.), 6-4, 211

Shaun Simon, OL, Hutchinson (Kan.) CC, 6-2, 315.

2011 Colorado prep commitments

Brendon Austin, Chaparral, OL, 6-5, 263, Stanford.

Brock Berglund, Valor Christian, QB, 6-4, 205, CU

Justin Hansen, Longmont, OL, 6-4, 287, CSU

Marc Mustoe, Arvada West, OL, 6-7, 273, UCLA

2011 top 10 in Colorado

1. Brendon Austin, OL, 6-5, 263, Chaparral (committed to Stanford)

2. Leilon Willingham, LB, 6-2, 240, Mullen

3. Brock Berglund, QB, 6-4, 205, Valor Christian (committed to Colorado)

4. Dorian Brown, RB, 6-1, 220, Thompson Valley

5. Marc Mustoe, OL, 6-7, 273, Arvada West (committed to UCLA)

6. Eddie Yarbrough, LB, 6-3, 235, Grandview

7. Ezekiel Bishop, ATH, 5-10, 182, Denver East

8. Adonis Ameen Moore, RB, 5-10, 215, Mullen

9. Rayshon Williams, WR, 6-1, 190, Mullen

10. Brady Daigh, LB, 6-2, 220, Mullen

Quote Originally Posted by elevation INC View Post
    Didnt see this posted yet

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_15432092

A late push from UCLA was nearly enough, but Valor Christian quarterback Brock Berglund stuck with the team he grew up cheering for. The 6-foot-4, 205-pound dual-threat quarterback has committed to Colorado.

"CU is a place, growing up here, that I've always looked at as 'That's the place I wanted to go,' " Berglund said Friday. "But I decided at the beginning of this processes that . . . I couldn't make a rushed decision, and I needed to evaluate all the options."

Those options — Duke, Kansas, Utah and especially UCLA — nearly took Berglund out of the state. Berglund said he was close to committing to UCLA after a visit this summer.

"About a month ago, I would've said that I'm going to UCLA," Berglund said.

A phone call last week from CU offensive coordinator Eric Kiesau changed that.

"It was probably the first time I talked to him since that (UCLA) visit," Berglund said. "The relationship we have is real special. I think we can do a lot of good things (at CU)."

Berglund is the consensus pick as the top quarterback in the state for the 2011 class, according to recruiting services Rivals.com and Scout.com. Rivals rates him as the 13th-best dual-threat quarterback in the nation.

Berglund said playing early wasn't a factor in his decision, although CU does graduate Cody Hawkins after this season and Tyler Hansen will be a senior in 2011.

"Anywhere you go to play college football, you're going to have to compete for a job," Berglund said. "I mean, I looked at the quarterback situation (at CU), but I'm not saying, 'I'm going to go in there and start for four years.' That's not how it's going to be. I'm going to go in there and compete to play as early as I can."

As a junior last fall, Berglund threw for 30 touchdowns — vs. just four interceptions — and ran for 14 more. This spring, he made the finals in the 200-meter dash at the Class 4A meet.

Valor Christian, the 2009 3A state football champion, will make the leap to 4A this fall.

Oral commitments are nonbinding until national signing day, which is Feb. 2, 2011.

Denver Post staff writer Tom Kensler contributed to this report. Ryan Casey: 303-954-1983 or rcasey@denverpost.com

Prep football commitments

2011 CU commitments

Brock Berglund, QB, Valor Christian, 6-feet-4, 205 pounds

Nick Sherry, QB, Casa Grande (Calif.), 6-4, 211

Shaun Simon, OL, Hutchinson (Kan.) CC, 6-2, 315.

2011 Colorado prep commitments

Brendon Austin, Chaparral, OL, 6-5, 263, Stanford.

Brock Berglund, Valor Christian, QB, 6-4, 205, CU

Justin Hansen, Longmont, OL, 6-4, 287, CSU

Marc Mustoe, Arvada West, OL, 6-7, 273, UCLA

2011 top 10 in Colorado

1. Brendon Austin, OL, 6-5, 263, Chaparral (committed to Stanford)

2. Leilon Willingham, LB, 6-2, 240, Mullen

3. Brock Berglund, QB, 6-4, 205, Valor Christian (committed to Colorado)

4. Dorian Brown, RB, 6-1, 220, Thompson Valley

5. Marc Mustoe, OL, 6-7, 273, Arvada West (committed to UCLA)

6. Eddie Yarbrough, LB, 6-3, 235, Grandview

7. Ezekiel Bishop, ATH, 5-10, 182, Denver East

8. Adonis Ameen Moore, RB, 5-10, 215, Mullen

9. Rayshon Williams, WR, 6-1, 190, Mullen

10. Brady Daigh, LB, 6-2, 220, Mullen
    If Hawkins remains the coach we could have the best recruiting class in the nation and I would still think we were screwed.

Team Tebow #108

why is that kid referring to a starting position on a college team as a "job"? that's really weird

Quote Originally Posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
    But right now you have 2 opposites. Hawkins has been killing CU's program. While it looks like Fairchild is building a pretty good program at CSU. Expect CSU to have a good year especially with their loaded talent at RB, and a good QB.

If CU and CSU become bowl elgible that is a good year for both
    Very loaded at RB, however, the QB is going to be a freshman. Not sure which one yet, but its going to be a player with 0 game experience.

Colorado vs. California on Saturday. Who does everyone have winning?

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
    Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
    Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
    Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
    I still miss you Jake Plummer!

Colorado vs. California tomorrow!! Who do you have winning this game?

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
    Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
    Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
    Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
    I still miss you Jake Plummer!

Quote Originally Posted by Broncoholic JS View Post
    Colorado vs. California tomorrow!! Who do you have winning this game?

LOl buffs suck yet again......hawkins and his BS need to go ASAP......the good news about this season is that colorado wont do anything so hawkins should be gone at years end period!!!!!

What a great football Weekend: CU and the Broncos won..

Tyler Hanson played well and now it's time for the Big 12 Schedule..

Shoulder to Shoulder baby!

I gotta give Air Force some love they are ranked 25th in the Country!
    "January 25, 1998: The night God answered our prayers