Page 11 of 41 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by EvertonBroncos View Post
    Massive Everton fan here, got a season ticket at Goodison Park and would actually say that I love Everton more than life itself. It is difficult living in Liverpool with the other shower of **** across stanley park winning things more recently than us, but that's all about to change, they're on a downward spiral and Everton are on the up
    Welcome to the thread! any enemy of my enemy is my friend haha

Ahh don't worry about that shower of scumbags... last season has more than made up for any "success" they've had in recent years. I honestly don't know when to stop laughing at them, its like a never ending comedy show at Unfilled. Even now, watching them trying to get a new manager is priceless because no top coach will go near them, while they keep trying to convince themselves that they're "still a big club...honest!"
    Manning Fatigue (noun): The act of being sick as hell of watching a HOF qb take half of forever to decide what to do and just wishing he'd make up his mind.

Quote Originally Posted by milehighireland View Post
    Welcome to the thread! any enemy of my enemy is my friend haha

Ahh don't worry about that shower of scumbags... last season has more than made up for any "success" they've had in recent years. I honestly don't know when to stop laughing at them, its like a never ending comedy show at Unfilled. Even now, watching them trying to get a new manager is priceless because no top coach will go near them, while they keep trying to convince themselves that they're "still a big club...honest!"
    thanks mate haha

I was devastated when Benitez left them, he'd been doing a brilliant job of selling their good players like Alonso and replacing them with crap like Aquilani and stuff, I just hope they don't get anyone with half a brain in, they might end up doing well again
    Come On You Blues! GO BRONCOS!

Quote Originally Posted by EvertonBroncos View Post
    thanks mate haha

I was devastated when Benitez left them, he'd been doing a brilliant job of selling their good players like Alonso and replacing them with crap like Aquilani and stuff, I just hope they don't get anyone with half a brain in, they might end up doing well again
    Ahh i wouldnt worry an awful lot... The Fat Spanish Waiter has left the place in a shambles and they're nearly broke so whoever goes there has their work cut out. Only person i would really worry about ending up there is now managing Real Madrid. Not only that, but the top managers don't want to go there it seems because the job looks to be a poisoned chalice
    Manning Fatigue (noun): The act of being sick as hell of watching a HOF qb take half of forever to decide what to do and just wishing he'd make up his mind.

I know yeah, it doesn't seem like they can afford a half decent manager and even if they could, the manager wouldn't have any money to improve the squad, I just need some popcorn and beer to sit back and enjoy it all
    Come On You Blues! GO BRONCOS!

What did everyone think of the World Cup?

I actually thought it was pony, the ball was crap, the refeering atrocious and the big match ups were very anti climatic. I expected way more from the Germany-England and Germany-Argentina games.

Fell asleep whilst watching the final, says it all really.

On the contrary, I loved the England - Germany game, and I thoroughly enjoyed the Argie - Germany game.

Holland's road to the final had the Uruguay and Brazil games which were both good to watch. Slovakia - Italy was probably my favourite game of the tournament, it was excellent.

USA - Ghana didn't hold the result I wanted but it was tense and a very good game to watch. I throughly enjoyed this world cup.

Quote Originally Posted by Andyy_47 View Post
    On the contrary, I loved the England - Germany game, and I thoroughly enjoyed the Argie - Germany game.

Holland's road to the final had the Uruguay and Brazil games which were both good to watch. Slovakia - Italy was probably my favourite game of the tournament, it was excellent.

USA - Ghana didn't hold the result I wanted but it was tense and a very good game to watch. I throughly enjoyed this world cup.
    I think everybody not living in England loved the England-Germany game!

World cup was mixed tbh, it was better than 06 (not very hard now in fairness) but i dunno after that. More or less around the same level as 02.

Groups were generally poor, 4 of the last 16 matches were very good, all the quarters were excellent, the holland semi was good and the 3rd place match was good. That's what i made of it anyways

On an unrelated note btw, just thought id ask you, what in the world are Rangers doing? Boyd and Thomson gone for peanuts and something like half the starting 11 transfer listed? are ye really THAT broke?
    Last edited by milehighireland; 07-13-2010 at 06:08 AM.

On an unrelated note btw, just thought id ask you, what in the world are Rangers doing? Boyd and Thomson gone for peanuts and something like half the starting 11 transfer listed? are ye really THAT broke?
    They are more than broke, the club is run by Lloyds bank, they are 30 million in debt and a tax bill of over 40 million.

Murray has really run that club into the ground.

Their only hope was to gain entrance into the Premier League but that was vetoed due to the way their fans behaved in Manchester.
    Last edited by English Bronco; 07-13-2010 at 10:44 AM.

I think everybody not living in England loved the England-Germany game!

World cup was mixed tbh, it was better than 06 (not very hard now in fairness) but i dunno after that. More or less around the same level as 02.

Groups were generally poor, 4 of the last 16 matches were very good, all the quarters were excellent, the holland semi was good and the 3rd place match was good. That's what i made of it anyways

Yeah the situation in Scottish football in general is pretty grim. A player Strachan said 4 years ago he would sell for no more than 8 million just went to Boro for 1.5m. It's dreadful.

To blame Murray is abit much, I mean he loaded the team with so much talent in the early 90s and alot of success was gained from that but I can blame his lack of foresight. There's no incentive to invest in the Scottish game anymore. It's sincerely dying, you get a measly million and a bit for winning the league and now the CL places are being made less viable.

Quote Originally Posted by Andyy_47 View Post
    Yeah the situation in Scottish football in general is pretty grim. A player Strachan said 4 years ago he would sell for no more than 8 million just went to Boro for 1.5m. It's dreadful.

To blame Murray is abit much, I mean he loaded the team with so much talent in the early 90s and alot of success was gained from that but I can blame his lack of foresight. There's no incentive to invest in the Scottish game anymore. It's sincerely dying, you get a measly million and a bit for winning the league and now the CL places are being made less viable.

IMO the Old Firm have the most to be blamed for the demise of the Scottish game, between the sectarianism and the way they monopolise the trophies and all the best players north of the border.

The EPL is hardly perfect but at least you have a tad more variety, The last time a team outside the Old Firm won the SPL was I think early to mid 80s (possibly Aberdeen under Sir Alex). Since then Leeds, Everton, Arsenal, Liverpool, Blackburn, Chelsea and Man Utd have won the title.

An NFL style salary cap would probably save the game up there, but neither Rangers or Celtic will ever agree to that and the SFA will do whatever the OF tell them.

Quote Originally Posted by English Bronco View Post
    IMO the Old Firm have the most to be blamed for the demise of the Scottish game, between the sectarianism and the way they monopolise the trophies and all the best players north of the border.

The EPL is hardly perfect but at least you have a tad more variety, The last time a team outside the Old Firm won the SPL was I think early to mid 80s (possibly Aberdeen under Sir Alex). Since then Leeds, Everton, Arsenal, Liverpool, Blackburn, Chelsea and Man Utd have won the title.

An NFL style salary cap would probably save the game up there, but neither Rangers or Celtic will ever agree to that and the SFA will do whatever the OF tell them.
    1985 was the last time a team outside the Old Firm won the league, and it was Aberdeen.

Sectarianism has very little to do with the decline of the Scottish game, it's a cancer rotting away the city of Glasgow but outside the city other teams are more pre-occupied with their own form of sectarianism: Hearts and Hibernian for example are guilty of the same crimes Rangers and Celtic fans are but is that ever as widely publicised? The fans up here can be an absolute disgrace, between the Manchester Riots and the Booing of the minutes silence on Remembrance Day, it's appalling. But it's almost a completely seperate issue.

We're in a recession, and football in this nation has been hit hard. Setanta never cashed out with their TV rights and had their rights taken away, hitting the Old Firm arguably harder than anyone since their games were the most televised, and with subscription to the service you gained access to Rangers and Celtic TV respectively which itself generated revenue for the clubs.

Teams like Livingston (who almost ceased to exist) and Gretna, who are literally out football completely, despite being an SPL side, felt the sting of the financial crisis, Hearts themselves in 2007 had debts rising in one year from 7m to 28m. It's obscene and has very little to do with players and their wages. For a bench mark, Rangers have not signed a player on a permanent basis since 2008. The Scottish league itself needs investment, it's nothing to do with Celtic or Rangers hogging all the cups so no-one gets their fair share. It's about stupid investment and the fact that Scottish football is not desirable whatsoever to the Messi's and Ronaldo's of the world. Rangers made strides for Scotland in the 90s by signing high quality footballers like Brian Laudrup, Gattuso and Van Bronckhorst, but got nowhere in Europe, where the really money vein lies.

I'd say European leagues are as much at fault as outsiders would like to blame to old firm. We can't compete anymore with European wages, even English wages, 90 million for Blackpool to get promoted? (with TV rights and the like). I think we're not entirely to blame for death of Scottish football.

And Rangers and Celtic taking the best Scottish players? Well, yeah, they need to to compete, foreigners in a side are a novelty it seems now. Rangers had last year McGregor, Whittaker, Boyd, Miller, Thomson, Weir, McCulloch all getting regular first team football and still got nowhere in europe. Wigan last year took McCarthy from the Old Firm before they could get a whiff, Boyd is off to Middlesborough, as is Thomson, McManus. James McFadden anyone? He was the next Scottish superstar as far as we were concerned, and where has he played for 7 years? Down south, we can't even keep a hold of our own good national players in our own country lol

Fair do's Andy, but I've got to pick you up on something, you said Hibs have a problem with sectariansim, thats the first I've heard of it.

In England Hibs are better known for having the best set of casuals north of the border with no ties to Protestants or Catholics. I thought Hibs were known to be an anti sectarian club?

Quote Originally Posted by English Bronco View Post
    Fair do's Andy, but I've got to pick you up on something, you said Hibs have a problem with sectariansim, thats the first I've heard of it.

In England Hibs are better known for having the best set of casuals north of the border with no ties to Protestants or Catholics. I thought Hibs were known to be an anti sectarian club?
    The farthest secterianism goes these does is the songe the fans sing. The songs both Rangers and Celtic fans get criticsed for are sang at Edinburgh derbies by both teams.

Hey guys. Glad some of you love talking footie..

I'm excited that this week I will be heading to see Man United vs Philly Union.

The MLS teams have to enjoy the opportunity to see these top notch clubs over here in the US and just observing training sessions have to be an amazing time for any US Coach or club Coach to take part in.

Seattle Sounders vs Celtic FC is on right now and I'm sure Celtic is trying to get rid of the nightmare match they had vs Man U.

My favorite match of the tournament were any matches involving the Germans, but specifically the Germany vs Uruguay match. They were built like Terminators out there and Klose was just fantastic. For a team that didn't have much expectations I think they set the bar high for Brazil.
    The Bronco fan pledge;
    I am a Broncos Fan and I believe
    I believe in Mile High Magic and bleed Orange and Blue.
    I celebrate the Orange Crush, The Drive, and the Mile High Salute.
    I create the THUNDER, share the common dream, and will forever be a proud citizen of
    Bronco's Country.

***Adopt a Bronco is Chris Harris, Jr.***

Adopt a Poster AZ Snake Fan & SecondsAway131

Turniermannschaft

It speaks volumes for the Germans to come into the tournament with a seemingly depleted side (captain on the physio's table, Klose hardly playing for Bayern and Podolski misfiring on home soil), finish third and choose not to have a parade in Berlin because they failed to win. They have to be the favourites for Euro 2012 in my eyes, two years removed from a sensational world cup where they whalloped Argentina and England, two of their bitterest rivals, the young team will believe they can achieve anything.