• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • milehighireland
    Special Teams
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Andyy_47 View Post
    This really is Arsenal's league to lose now, they've got a much easier run in than Chelsea and Manchester United. They can't afford to slip up again. They need to win to keep Fabregas.

Scotland win! First time since 1996 at home. Superb!!
    Arsenal still wont win out, if United can navigate the city away game and chelsea/liverpool games at home it's ours... again... Honestly, I will go INSANE if we lose the title to a team we swept this year and beat convincingly a month ago in their own backyard.

imo Fabregas will go if he wants to. If Arsenal win the title and he goes, he'll use the argument that Ronaldo used to leave us for madrid, that he had done his service for us and wanted to go to his boyhood club. If they don't he'll use the argument that he's just not winning major honours with Arsenal.

Yeah i saw that...good to hear, seeing as one of our finest players in Darren Fletcher is your captain!
    Last edited by milehighireland; 03-05-2010, 07:36 PM.
    Manning Fatigue (noun): The act of being sick as hell of watching a HOF qb take half of forever to decide what to do and just wishing he'd make up his mind.

Comment

• Andyy_47
      Best in the World.
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by milehighireland View Post
      Arsenal still wont win out, if United can navigate the city away game and chelsea/liverpool games at home it's ours... again... Honestly, I will go INSANE if we lose the title to a team we swept this year and beat convincingly a month ago in their own backyard.

imo Fabregas will go if he wants to. If Arsenal win the title and he goes, he'll use the argument that Ronaldo used to leave us for madrid, that he had done his service for us and wanted to go to his boyhood club. If they don't he'll use the argument that he's just not winning major honours with Arsenal.

Yeah i saw that...good to hear, seeing as one of our finest players in Darren Fletcher is your captain!
      One of your finest players, but the guy pulls a completele...well...what can only be known as a Darren Fletcher now in international games. Never seen him put in a good shift for us.

13 points clear...my my..can Celtic catch us?!

Comment

• milehighireland
        Special Teams
        • Feb 2009

One of your finest players, but the guy pulls a completele...well...what can only be known as a Darren Fletcher now in international games. Never seen him put in a good shift for us.

13 points clear...my my..can Celtic catch us?!
        Weird, seeing as he's usually brilliant for us. Huge fan of him, he rarely has a bad game for us and really turns it on in big games, notably against Arsenal. Wearing my FLETCHER 24 jersey as i type this too lol

Not. a. hope. Celtic will probably lose tomorrow as well, i could see Rangers winning this by 20+ points and completely humiliating Celtic, who might not even get second lol.
        Last edited by milehighireland; 03-06-2010, 05:52 PM.
        Manning Fatigue (noun): The act of being sick as hell of watching a HOF qb take half of forever to decide what to do and just wishing he'd make up his mind.

Comment

• Andyy_47
          Best in the World.
          • Sep 2008

Weird, seeing as he's usually brilliant for us. Huge fan of him, he rarely has a bad game for us and really turns it on in big games, notably against Arsenal. Wearing my FLETCHER 24 jersey as i type this too lol

Not. a. hope. Celtic will probably lose tomorrow as well, i could see Rangers winning this by 20+ points and completely humiliating Celtic, who might not even get second lol.
          Fletcher is brilliant for Man U, problem with Scotland is we have Scott Brown, Darren Fletcher and Kevin Thomson, all in the same position, all virtually the same player, the one who gets the quick pass away and loves a good tackle.

Comment

• Andyy_47
            Best in the World.
            • Sep 2008

Champions league knockouts have been outstanding so far. Call it one sided or whatever, nothing pleases me more than watching one side in the ascendancy and watching fantastic football. Samir Nasri's goal was unbelievable.

Comment

• milehighireland
              Special Teams
              • Feb 2009

Champions league knockouts have been outstanding so far. Call it one sided or whatever, nothing pleases me more than watching one side in the ascendancy and watching fantastic football. Samir Nasri's goal was unbelievable.
              Aye i agree, that was an impressive display by arsenal..

Think we topped it last night though! 4-0 against AC Milan is a wee bit impressive

Seriously, can anybody stop Wayne Rooney?

Real madrid knocked out too, im delighted for them! It's not all about having the money, lads!

Liverpool managed to lose twice this week already and it's only thursday.... LOL

Comment

• SheerCold
                Practice Squad
                • Dec 2008

I like Soccer, but I don't get the chance to watch it that often since I live in the United States.

My favorite team is Real Madrid though.
                sigpic
                Props to Peerless^
                Officially Supporting the Brown and Gold vertical socks. 2009.
                Official Kyle Orton Army Solidier #17.
                Official Knowshon Moreno Fan Club #57
                Pro-McDaniels

Comment

• Andyy_47
                  Best in the World.
                  • Sep 2008

Aye i agree, that was an impressive display by arsenal..

Think we topped it last night though! 4-0 against AC Milan is a wee bit impressive

Seriously, can anybody stop Wayne Rooney?

Real madrid knocked out too, im delighted for them! It's not all about having the money, lads!

Liverpool managed to lose twice this week already and it's only thursday.... LOL
                  I've been saying it since Ronaldo was banging goals in, the reason for his success is having a striker like Wayne Rooney in front of him. He's too good right now.

Delighted that Real Madrid are out, but for the sake of the Scottish co-efficient we wanted an all spain final, bleh.

It was good to see Ronaldo crying again though, I liked him at Man U, said all the right things, then fled. Politics within football annoy me like that.

The AC Milan game was great to watch, I was working though, but whenever I was in the restaurant with the TV on (sadly I was on room service and only saw the occasional little bit between going into rooms and getting people to sign the bill) and damn near every time I walked through the restaurant, Man U scored. Again Fletcher seemed to have a good game. Why can't he do that for Scotland?...

And the Mighty Gers go 13 points clear again! Time is running out!!!

Comment

• 100%Broncoholic
                    Life Is Good Mod!
                    • Dec 2007

Good Morning gents! Glad to find others who love "communist kickball" as I have heard it called around here.

I actually live in a pretty rich soccer area and love it. Played in college and now in a beer league as a goalkeeper.

Man U fan by default, them and Ajax were always on tv when soccer was shown on ESPN here in the 90s, plus Schmeichel was BEAST!! A few of my friends are Villa fans, two liverpool Fans, and two Spur fans.

My best friend plays professionally in the USL 2 for Real Maryland and indoor for the Baltimore Blast as a goalkeeper.

I look forward toward conversations w Bronco fans and soccer fans what a combo!
                    sigpic
                    The Bronco fan pledge;
                    I am a Broncos Fan and I believe
                    I believe in Mile High Magic and bleed Orange and Blue.
                    I celebrate the Orange Crush, The Drive, and the Mile High Salute.
                    I create the THUNDER, share the common dream, and will forever be a proud citizen of
                    Bronco's Country.

Adopt a Poster AZ Snake Fan & SecondsAway131

Comment

• milehighireland
                      Special Teams
                      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by 100%Broncoholic View Post
                      Good Morning gents! Glad to find others who love "communist kickball" as I have heard it called around here.

I actually live in a pretty rich soccer area and love it. Played in college and now in a beer league as a goalkeeper.

Man U fan by default, them and Ajax were always on tv when soccer was shown on ESPN here in the 90s, plus Schmeichel was BEAST!! A few of my friends are Villa fans, two liverpool Fans, and two Spur fans.

My best friend plays professionally in the USL 2 for Real Maryland and indoor for the Baltimore Blast as a goalkeeper.

I look forward toward conversations w Bronco fans and soccer fans what a combo!
                      Fellow red, nice! Another 3 points and another 2 goals for Rooney, he's fast ascending to God status now, lol

Liverpool at home next now.... i'm worried about this one tbh, even though they've been nothing short of pathetic lately and will have two other games this week, as opposed to us having the entire week off...
                      Last edited by milehighireland; 03-14-2010, 11:22 AM.

Comment

• Sync
                        Mr. Irrelevant
                        • Nov 2008

If Arsenal won the title, I'm telling you now the area I live in would go completely mental. I'm about 10mins away from their old stadium, a little bit further from their new one... but, they won't. Lucky I don't follow soccer all that closely any more because watching my uncle getting more and more frustrated as our team failed to put away a relegation-zone club- down to ten men- right until stoppage time... kinda reminded me that suffering through the Broncos seasons as of late is as much emotional turmoil as I can take!
                        sigpic
                        - ★ -
                        2012 Adopt a Bronco : Joe Mays

Comment

• 100%Broncoholic
                          Life Is Good Mod!
                          • Dec 2007

Oh no Beckham...rips tHe achilles which I hear is quit painful. A real shame though since he wanted to play in his fourth world cup. Unfortunately he isn't a goalkeeper like Shilton who was like a fine wine and got better w age.

Will this really effect England?

I can't wait till June 12!
                          sigpic
                          The Bronco fan pledge;
                          I am a Broncos Fan and I believe
                          I believe in Mile High Magic and bleed Orange and Blue.
                          I celebrate the Orange Crush, The Drive, and the Mile High Salute.
                          I create the THUNDER, share the common dream, and will forever be a proud citizen of
                          Bronco's Country.

Adopt a Poster AZ Snake Fan & SecondsAway131

Comment

• Andyy_47
                            Best in the World.
                            • Sep 2008

Capello has extended an olive branch to Beckham regarding his international career. This is not the end for Beckham in an England jersey.

Comment

• milehighireland
                              Special Teams
                              • Feb 2009

Capello has extended an olive branch to Beckham regarding his international career. This is not the end for Beckham in an England jersey.
                              Nah but tonight was the end of Chelsea's champions league campaign for another year!! DELIGHTED!

Beaten off their own pitch by the Special One - LOVE IT.

As usual, all their players behaved as expected with Drogba getting sent off again and John Terry shouting abuse at officials after the match (even pushing his own teammate out of the way so as to shout at an official)...

Comment

• Andyy_47
                                Best in the World.
                                • Sep 2008

I'd honestly like Chelsea if it wasn't for Drogba. I like Terry, I like Lampard. But Drogba just does my box in.

He epitomises everything thats wrong with Football. He disprespects officials, he whines, he dives, he scores, and is lauded with praise for doing his job. Pathetic really. Still a £26 million Heskey.

Comment

Working...
                                X