Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 LastLast
    Wow Portugal won and largely without Ronaldo

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Wow Portugal won and largely without Ronaldo
    Good for Portugal, and as you say, mostly minus their leader!!! Another tight game, and my goodness, France hits the post with little time left.

It was WITHOUT ronaldo. 8th min he got hurt.

GOOOO PORTUGAL!!!!

both had some great chances!

Portugal finally won something important. Good for them.

ESPN FC sat and argued about Portugal getting lucky with some teams miss managing and the Germans not showing up.

I might not like Portugal, but you can't fault them for teams failing against them. They have to play their game.

A little under a month away from the kick off of the EPL. I honestly think Man U should be the favorites.

Jose Mourinho is a great coaching and he's walking into a team stacked with talent and probably the best(on paper) forwards in the EPL, with Martial, Rooney, Lingard, Rashford, and Ibrah.

Then you got Ander, Juan, and Sebastian in the middle. Not to mention its rumored that Cesc might be leaving Chelsea to join Jose in Manchester.

Man U's biggest issue might be rather or not Smalling plays smart. He was reckless last season and took some dumb penalties.

I'd pick Arsenal as the second best team in the EPL.

Think City might struggle.

Will be honest and say I didn't expect Barca to beat PSG. I thought the ship had sailed on the Champions League. And this is something basically everyone thought.

But you can never count this team out. Messi, Neymar, and Suarez are too good. To not believe that each of them could score multiple times in any game.

With that said I was smiling and fist pumping as the game ended.

For PSG however, this isn't on the players fully. Their manager failed them.

And that fanbase gave those players a reason to leave. Reports came out that PSG fans vandalized the players vehicles.

That isn't how you treat the players of your team, no matter what happened on the pitch.

US now the favorites to win the Gold Cup after Jamaica upset Mexico last night.

If they win they'll do their usual get my hopes up a year before the World Cup and most likely it won't pan out. Still good to see them do well on this side of the world at least.

Has been an interesting first half of the season. My boys on top of La Liga when nobody thought they would be since Neymar left and his replacement got hurt and the big signing didn't come until the winter transfer.

My other boys Man U came out of nowhere and got Alexi. Which I'm glad about cause now I can cheer for him again. Lol

Premier League season got underway as soccer returns.

Man U had a good game against Leicester City. Pogba looked good, but to me the man worth mentioning is Luke Shaw. He had a really good game, he was all over the place in a good way.

This was big for him. He has been looked at as having so much potential for an English back. But last season he just didnt seem to show up and Mou was always openly challenging Shaw to produce.

Hopefully he keeps this play up and lives up to that potential.

I am going to presume not many in here follow the Scottish game closely. The way the season has started it looks like we could be in for a very exciting season. The quality of the bigger leagues may not be there but it is football in a far purer form than that of the tourist leagues.

After 6 long hard years my Rangers seem to finally have a team to challenge Celtic this year under Steven Gerrard. He got it wrong in the old firm game but has us back in Europe and a great start with a draw away to Spain's fifth best side last season. On top of that Celtic dont look as dominating as they were and other teams like Hearts, Hibs and Killie all looking quite impressive. Been a while since Scottish football had this feel good factor around it.

Man U is a trainwreck. Not sure when the last time a team this talented as been so underwhelmed and dysfunctional.

Fans and plays want Mou out. I feel like the players have quit on him to try in push him out. It's just not looking good for em.

Ronaldo is now in a sexual assault situation, this could get ugly.

Messi did what Messi does and has us wondering if age will ever catch up to him. He could have easily had 4 goals against the Spurs, but had 2 unlucky bounces.

Must say I have not been much of a fan of the US womenís behavior during games this tournament.

Must say I have not been much of a fan of the US women’s behavior during games this tournament.
    I've had issues with the media, especially after the Thailand game.

But, I'm glad that they are going into the finals.

And good use of an old thread.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Must say I have not been much of a fan of the US women’s behavior during games this tournament.
    I tend to agree DB. I was very disappointed in 2 of the very best players in the world - Rapinoe and Morgan. It tainted them, as they blew out a much weaker team - Thailand. They are far too good, and far too experienced to be celebrating goals like that, when the game was extremely out of reach. And anyone who knows the rules, does not have a problem with them scoring all those goals in that game (given goals scored might have mattered early on in the tournament).....that was never the issue. The issue was what many call rehearsed celebrations. Or in my opinion, unnecessary ones. And as a competitor, say the Thailand goalie, it would have been totally embarrassing, maybe humiliating, to be beaten by a superior team, but worse, to see the over celebration. And don't let my take be noteworthy, listen to what PTI's Tony Kornheiser and Michael Wilbon had to say (and many other sports experts). Wilbon called them poor sports.

The US will likely win it all, They are very good. But unfortunately, many of us have lost some respect for some of them, including 2 of the best female soccer players on the planet.

But let me be clear....they are a great soccer team! They have had a couple of close games as the tournament winds down, but prevailed. And yes, another victory will deserve a load of celebration. This is when you earn every moment of it.
    Last edited by CanDB; 07-02-2019 at 08:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I tend to agree DB. I was very disappointed in 2 of the very best players in the world - Rapinoe and Morgan. It tainted them, as they blew out a much weaker team - Thailand. They are far too good, and far too experienced to be celebrating goals like that, when the game was extremely out of reach. And anyone who knows the rules, does not have a problem with them scoring all those goals in that game (given goals scored might have mattered early on in the tournament).....that was never the issue. The issue was what many call rehearsed celebrations. Or in my opinion, unnecessary ones. And as a competitor, say the Thailand goalie, it would have been totally embarrassing, maybe humiliating, to be beaten by a superior team, but worse, to see the over celebration. And don't let my take be noteworthy, listen to what PTI's Tony Kornheiser and Michael Wilbon had to say (and many other sports experts). Wilbon called them poor sports.

The US will likely win it all, They are very good. But unfortunately, many of us have lost some respect for some of them, including 2 of the best female soccer players on the planet.

But let me be clear....they are a great soccer team! They have had a couple of close games as the tournament winds down, but prevailed. And yes, another victory will deserve a load of celebration. This is when you earn every moment of it.
    Agree with every bit of it Can. Me and my best friend have always considered ourselves big supporters of the Womenís national team. And weíre even saying at the start of the tournament we tend to be more excited about them than the Menís team. But over the course is this tournament we have both found ourselves losing a lot of respect for them and almost hoping they get beat just for an ego check.

Itís hard to want your national team to win to carry on the pride of the nation but at the same time realize the moment has gone to many of their heads and they could really use being put in their place.

Rapinoes celebration on goal 9 against Thailand was extremely uncalled for. Then Morgan is many a mans favorite player because she is a combo of great talent and very easy on the eyes. I donít even have a problem with celebrations after goals. But i was very annoyed that her choice of celebration yesterday was to mock an age old tradition of the country she was playing. And at the time it was only 2-1 with more than 2/3 of the game to play. It couldíve easily come back to bite her.

My only thing is I tend to always root against France and England big time in the game of soccer. So Iíve found myself still needing to root for the U.S. and if Sweden advance today that would be probably US womenís biggest rival. But should Netherlands win today I may not be too upset if our women were to go down and they have to swallow that pill of too much ego not enough focus.

Agree with every bit of it Can. Me and my best friend have always considered ourselves big supporters of the Women’s national team. And we’re even saying at the start of the tournament we tend to be more excited about them than the Men’s team. But over the course is this tournament we have both found ourselves losing a lot of respect for them and almost hoping they get beat just for an ego check.

It’s hard to want your national team to win to carry on the pride of the nation but at the same time realize the moment has gone to many of their heads and they could really use being put in their place.

Rapinoes celebration on goal 9 against Thailand was extremely uncalled for. Then Morgan is many a mans favorite player because she is a combo of great talent and very easy on the eyes. I don’t even have a problem with celebrations after goals. But i was very annoyed that her choice of celebration yesterday was to mock an age old tradition of the country she was playing. And at the time it was only 2-1 with more than 2/3 of the game to play. It could’ve easily come back to bite her.

My only thing is I tend to always root against France and England big time in the game of soccer. So I’ve found myself still needing to root for the U.S. and if Sweden advance today that would be probably US women’s biggest rival. But should Netherlands win today I may not be too upset if our women were to go down and they have to swallow that pill of too much ego not enough focus.
    DB....given it's your team, I especially respect your comments. Most of us learned growing up that you celebrate when it matters, but not when you are beating up on an opponent, and in this case, not a fierce competitor - Thailand. And whatever Morgan was doing yesterday was apparently disrespectful. Or just in poor judgement. But what on earth are people like Alex Morgan and Rapinoe gaining from this stuff?

I know this is different, but in most sports, if you celebrated that way, some opponent would make you pay. Maybe not in this game, but another. It's a form of code. Celebrate, but don't mock, or in the case of Thailand, belittle.

So for me the question is, what's the point? If my team did that stuff, I'd be very disappointed. It would make me reassess the person, or people involved. Possibly the coach as well.

Humility is a beautiful thing. And humility does allow for passion.
    Last edited by CanDB; 07-03-2019 at 07:11 AM.