Question Hello, I made a forum and need your help

Hello, fellow gamers. I made a forums website and need your help to get it kickstarted. If you consider this spam, please delete it at anytime, but i'm just askin for help

Anywho, the forums are for latest news about video games, current games, home brew for certain systems, and some tutorials will be put up as soon as i can make em. I will be recruiting mods as well soon. Thank you for your help, and sorry for the interruption to your gaming lol.

also if you have any suggestions please post them in here regarding the look of the forums and all. I haven't really finished the site yet but its almost there.

I get visitors daily its just that nobody posts or signs up because nobody has anything to say to a dead forum lol. So i would like some help starting it up.

anyways, just click here to go to the website

I also have a sports section towards the bottom with automated news.

Quote Originally Posted by 12and4 View Post
    Hello, fellow gamers. I made a forums website and need your help to get it kickstarted. If you consider this spam, please delete it at anytime, but i'm just askin for help

Anywho, the forums are for latest news about video games, current games, home brew for certain systems, and some tutorials will be put up as soon as i can make em. I will be recruiting mods as well soon. Thank you for your help, and sorry for the interruption to your gaming lol.

also if you have any suggestions please post them in here regarding the look of the forums and all. I haven't really finished the site yet but its almost there.

I get visitors daily its just that nobody posts or signs up because nobody has anything to say to a dead forum lol. So i would like some help starting it up.

anyways, just click here to go to the website

I also have a sports section towards the bottom with automated news.
    how bout a rules post for "insert system name here" files subforums? looks pretty good, just needs more people posting... i will do what i can
    *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women***

Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Will do, definitely on it. I've been tweaking the forum all day lately that i haven't even worried about that. Thanks for the suggestions.

Any suggestions on new forums or an idea for the website (non forum related).

i love this message board, you guys are cool for doin this

I registered last night :salute!: My name is Drake2455. I hope I can help get things started it seems like a really cool forum.

Quote Originally Posted by TRUEBRONCOFAN24 View Post
    I registered last night :salute!: My name is Drake2455. I hope I can help get things started it seems like a really cool forum.
    Thanks for helping out, I really truly appreciate it. Don't be shy, you can post whatever u wish lol.

I'm going to start making some tutorials and hopefully, since i don't have an xbox 360, i will get one of my friends to do that.

I don't really much like the name of the site since its not really JUST for ps3, so i am going to be looking for a better name.

I also would like to make the color scheme a little better since some of the site doesn't match with the other parts.

Another thing i will be working on is the search function, since google has yet to add the pages to their index.

I also want to change the smilies, because they blow! lol.

Lastly I want to make a chatroom so we can chat too, but thats further down the road.

thanks for your help and your suggestions will be very helpful, so don't hold back because i won't get offended if, say, you think the logo looks like crap, lol.

How bout possibly a pc gaming and equipment subforum? That could be further down the road though as the message board gets more occupied.

Bump... c'mon fellow gamers help this guy start his forum up! It's really cool you should check it out. :salute!:

I have experience in forum design, and can help with CSS or HTML(to design anyways) if you need it. PM me if you're interested.
    Brock you like a hurricane!

Think of a bigger, stronger, more handsome Eli Manning.... That's Fargo.

Hey fargo, thanks for the offer.

I don't really need much help as far as css goes, but i do need to work on the color scheme as it is terrible atm. I just haven't really prioritized that yet. I'm trying to currently add some good blog entries for all consoles to start off with. I added a downloads section but now i need to fill it with, you know, downloads.

I am trying to host the files on sites like mediashare instead of putting them on my server and taking up my bandwidth, but hopefully soon i will have enough to not worry about that. I just need some regular posters to be posting in the forums, hopefully, so that i wouldn't worry about the complete lack of content. I will be adding more tutorials soon so that could be a good attraction to the site.

From what i've noticed and experienced, forums rarely make it, and the ones that have made it have had some great admins and mods that are great leaders and don't mind spending their time helping people for hours on end. That is what i'm shooting for in the future.

As Always, I do not take offense to anything you guys may have to say. So please if you feel that this site lacks something, or is a terrible idea, or something, please comment. I will appreciate every bit of it. I am truly thankful that some of you have gone over and posted, and am glad to have this community help me out. Us broncos gotta stick together right?

so if you guys have any ideas on how to make my colorscheme better, please tell me.

ex. the threads colors are totally different from the forum categories colors.

i don't know if you did anything to the appearance of the thread or not, but it seems to "pop" a lot more than i remember... looks pretty good i think

Quote Originally Posted by 12and4 View Post
    Hey fargo, thanks for the offer.

I don't really need much help as far as css goes, but i do need to work on the color scheme as it is terrible atm. I just haven't really prioritized that yet. I'm trying to currently add some good blog entries for all consoles to start off with. I added a downloads section but now i need to fill it with, you know, downloads.

I am trying to host the files on sites like mediashare instead of putting them on my server and taking up my bandwidth, but hopefully soon i will have enough to not worry about that. I just need some regular posters to be posting in the forums, hopefully, so that i wouldn't worry about the complete lack of content. I will be adding more tutorials soon so that could be a good attraction to the site.

From what i've noticed and experienced, forums rarely make it, and the ones that have made it have had some great admins and mods that are great leaders and don't mind spending their time helping people for hours on end. That is what i'm shooting for in the future.

As Always, I do not take offense to anything you guys may have to say. So please if you feel that this site lacks something, or is a terrible idea, or something, please comment. I will appreciate every bit of it. I am truly thankful that some of you have gone over and posted, and am glad to have this community help me out. Us broncos gotta stick together right?

so if you guys have any ideas on how to make my colorscheme better, please tell me.

ex. the threads colors are totally different from the forum categories colors.
    Well, I have a tip for you then. One of my favorite options for design is to photoshop textures and implant them into the background or to "theme" certain buttons.

You can do a lot with a little. I noticed the buttons at the top; you can have a member here photoshop a varient or completely overhaul them provided you have an idea of what you want in mind. Think of one central theme for your site design. Build off of that and design around it rather than throwing to little or too much into the mix.

I have plenty of resources at my disposal, so just PM me if you have questions. I can give you codes to make backgrounds, dynamic text, scrolling information boxes, color info, and perhaps an opinion if that's what you want (it's hard for me to say a lot about your site because there's really too many different things I'm looking at to give you a substantial answer ).

Overall, your site is designed beatifully in layout. Switching the colors won't be too hard, given you know where you want to take the site.

What is the theme you want?

What colors represent that theme best?

What features would compliment the site rather than distract the viewer?
    (playlists, videos, arcade, blah blah blah)

Do I like the background?

Is anything too bright or too dark in comparison to other areas?

Is the text visable in all sections of my site?

Those are good starter questions I use. Again, the layout is pretty close to perfect. I wouldn't change that at all.

I'll try to give opinions on what I can, but I'm really commenting on a lot more than I can chew.

I'd change the blue-green rows (1-4 is it?) to a darker shade, and change the grey background to a dark blue/black... just something I associate with PS3 for some reason.

The white could be replaced with a darker shade, I'd be careful about adding too much color in that area though from experience. Make sure your biggest features match. If the background is dark, the foreground should be as well, but having light rows would be perfectly okay (the background and foreground would still compliment each other anyways).

Lastly, the toughest part about a young forum is that it has to start small or it won't be posted in. If a few members post too far out, they won't have their posts read as likely. Try to limit the catagories until you have a population ready to spread out into newer sections.
    -For exammple, you might merge the sports, anything else, and anything but gaming into one large "Off-Topic" category and simplify sports to one section, and anything but gaming into another. The graphics design would be a good sub-forum in the off-topic. You can place sections inside of sections to prevent clutter -- very helpful.

I'm stretching thin at this point, so I'll stop here. All in all, you made one Hell of a site. Great job! :salute!:
    Last edited by Fargo; 03-02-2010 at 07:31 AM.
    Brock you like a hurricane!

Think of a bigger, stronger, more handsome Eli Manning.... That's Fargo.