Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

If not the 6th pick then what??

I keep reading we might negotiate for lesser compensation than the 6th overall pick for Marshall. This would only happen IF we don't want the 6th pick, because Seattle really has no choice if they do in fact sign him to an offer sheet.

Give me your personal favorite scenario BESIDES the 6th pick.

I would choose we get the 14th pick and their 2nd round pick the 40th overall. That would leave us picking at 11, 14, 40 & 45!
    http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/rr93/xgcadam/JakesSig1.png

I'd take the 14th as well.

St. Louis Rams GM

I wouldn't. We have the luxury of having the leverage in this situation. I wouldn't budge at all.

How about this...

Seattle gets Marshall

Denver gets Seattle's 2010 2nd round pick 40th overall and Seattle's 2011 1st (likely a top 10)
    http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/rr93/xgcadam/JakesSig1.png

I was checking out the Seahawks message board, saying one of the scenarios is a 2nd and a 4th for BM. I find that highly unlikely. Why would Denver accept that?

This is such an interesting subject. If you think of the draft as a "lottery" you could consider BM's off the field activity from here on out as the "lottery" as well.

So I would settle for the 14th and a 2-3 round pick also. This 14th pick just makes me so angry and the lack of production from where the Seahawks gained that 14th pick from.
    my new sig.jpg
    Team Tebow #53
    2011 Adopted Posters: Frenchy180 and BroncoFanNC

I would take a 2nd and 3rd as deep as this draft is. Seattle owns the 6th pick in each of those rounds so they are pretty nice picks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bipolar_Broncos View Post
    I would take a 2nd and 3rd as deep as this draft is. Seattle owns the 6th pick in each of those rounds so they are pretty nice picks.
    Seattle doesn't have a 3rd rd pick. Gave it to Philly so they could pick Deon Butler.

As of right now its all speculation, nobody knows what Denver or Seattle is thinking, tomorrow we should know a little more.

Quote Originally Posted by Caliraiderhater View Post
    How about this...

Seattle gets Marshall

Denver gets Seattle's 2010 2nd round pick 40th overall and Seattle's 2011 1st (likely a top 10)
    NO NO NO.

Any deal that doesn't include one of Seattle's 2010 1st rounders is a non-starter. I think the #14 pick plus their OG Rob Sims (whom they tendered at a 4th round level) would be the least we should accept.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosTX77 View Post
    Seattle doesn't have a 3rd rd pick. Gave it to Philly so they could pick Deon Butler.
    Good find. I dont really know if Seattle has any players that are worth packaging their 2nd round pick with.

I would probably have to hold out for #14.

how about we keep marshall.
    Now go get your shine box

noooooo its a 6th or not marshall for you

Unless Marshall just wants out of Denver, I don't see him signing his tender until after the deadline to sign RFAs to offer sheets.

He wants a big contract and he risks giving up the chance to get the biggest one he can if he allows a trade rather than getting teams to compete for him through free agency. If he gets traded, the team that gets him could force him to play on the one year tender and make him wait longer to get the big contract. The other thing is that team could still offer him a long term contract but it might not be as big as it could be because they won't be competing with other teams at that point. That team could offer him the same kind of deal that he apparently turned down in Denver or less. If he turns it down, they still have him on the cheap for a year.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wont Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

6th or no Beast for the Hawks is how I feel, but if that couldn't happen I'd say the 14th and their 4th round pick. I would say the 14th and their 2nd but that seems unlikely :salute!:

If we dont get the sixth overall, we take the 14th and a 2nd or 4th. If they dont want to give either of those options, they dont get a perennial probowler, a proven threat, a guaranteed play maker, and the player they covet. In other words no first round pick, tough **** for the birds.