View Poll Results: Who do we take at 3 if we get it for Marshall from bucs?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jimmy Claussen

4 5.33%
  • Ndamukong Suh

36 48.00%
  • Gerald McCoy

8 10.67%
  • Dez Bryant

1 1.33%
  • Rolando McClain

1 1.33%
  • Eric Berry

21 28.00%
  • Other

4 5.33%
Page 61 of 77 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 71 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PowderAddict View Post
    He was offered $9.5 million a year and turned it down...
    do u have the link to where I can see that this was really offered cuz from what I heard, that was only a rumor?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by B Real 15 View Post
    do u have the link to where I can see that this was really offered cuz from what I heard, that was only a rumor?
    Here you go:

The key quote:
    Quote Originally Posted by Denver Post
    "The Broncos offered Marshall a multiyear contract last summer worth approximately $9.5 million a season. Marshall rejected the proposal in part because the contract structure had relatively little money up front, but mostly because the receiver preferred to play elsewhere."

http://cc.bingj.com/cache.aspx?q=mar...82999,8fd4c2df
    Last edited by PowderAddict; 03-22-2010 at 02:21 PM.

Im actually kind of disappointed to hear about seattle not working a deal out. I have nothing against Marshall as a player. He's great, but he is too immature to sign a contract with denver now. I doubt he ever will unless it means that he is assured a trade. He has made it all too obvious he doesnt like playing here.

Assuming all this really is the case, then sending him to the NFC to a team we will only play once every 4 years (unless we meet them in the superbowl) seems like the best case scenario. This is what I was saying about cutler too, just send him to the nfc and forget about him. If we trade him to the jets or any other afc team, u know we will see him in the playoffs and we will end up being scheduled against his team just like it always seems like we have to play the colts and patriots. He is too good of a player to be on a team that we will most likely play at least once a year, not to mention the fact that he will b playing angry and he is immature enough to hold a grudge for a long time.

I cant believe we havent been trying to deal for their 14 if they dont want to give up the 6th. Id take that deal, I might even consider a deal where we swap our 11 for their 6 and get their 58 or whatever second rounder they got from SD. There are a lot of possibilities here and I think this is the best case scenario for getting rid of Marshall. I really believe that if we dont get rid of him now for what we can get, then he will walk in FA soon enough and we will have missed out on the opportunity to get a good deal.
    "If you are going through hell...keep going." Winston Churchill

"If you aren't fired with enthusiasm, you'll be fired with enthusiasm." Vince Lombardi

[IMG]http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/3558/whatwould7dosig1vl.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
    if they are seriously interested in getting a WR i do not understand why they dont just give up number 6 i mean they are gonna have to pay a rookie just as much as they would a proven and great veteran who is only 26 y/o
    Off the field problems. It's obvious.

this could be posturing by both teams...but i hope the broncos stand by that...no way we should get anything less than a 1st round pick

and he's not going anywhere for free, the broncos will just franchise his butt next year if need be

Quote Originally Posted by Starbroncs View Post
    so he can just leave us next year for nothing? I would rather have a first rounder this year than to keep marshall for one year.
    Or we could franchise him next year

Dream situation, Marshall really likes Quinn, they have a great instinct between them on the field, Quinn starts, and they both go to the pro bowl! haha
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by lolcopter View Post
    or maybe there just won't be football in 2011, and we can all blame mcdaniels
    and we will.....

I would definatly want to keep BM but I would rather get a a 1st round pick now so we could get someone like Rolando mclain or dez Bryant then to have BM for 1 more year of him causing problems and then going free

Well thank god, I had a bad feeling McD might trade Marshall for less than he is worth but now we know its either Marshall or a 1st.

I hope we just resign Marshall long term .

yes we can franchise him, but we cant do that forever. All that does is delay the inevitable. And right now is when we have the most leverage to make a deal. And who knows what will happen this year, we can win 12 games and he suddenly wants to come back, he can get in legal trouble and get suspended and we will be SOL and he wont be worth anything, or he could get injured. If you think about it, the chances of his value going down are more than they are for it to go up at this point (ie Anquan Boldin). I say get while the gettin's good
    "If you are going through hell...keep going." Winston Churchill

"If you aren't fired with enthusiasm, you'll be fired with enthusiasm." Vince Lombardi

[IMG]http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/3558/whatwould7dosig1vl.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Starbroncs View Post
    we already offered him a large contract and he turned it down. Add the tantrums he has thrown the past year or two and I dont see him wanting to stay in Denver.

I would much rather get something for him this year.
    no we offered him a suckers contract with little or no guaranteed money..which rightfully was turned down and would have been turned down by any top player

we offered him a contract with no guarantees....expecting him to risk that if he in the service of the broncos ripped his knee apart..a career ending injury.... the broncos keep him in good faith and pay him a large amount of money....do you honestly think they would? nope they would cut him leaving him to fend for himself

no top player would sign the contract we offered

Quote Originally Posted by joeknox View Post
    no we offered him a suckers contract with little or no guaranteed money..which rightfully was turned down and would have been turned down by any top player

we offered him a contract with no guarantees....expecting him to risk that if he in the service of the broncos ripped his knee apart..a career ending injury.... the broncos keep him in good faith and pay him a large amount of money....do you honestly think they would? nope they would cut him leaving him to fend for himself

no top player would sign the contract we offered
    Okay these contracts are like 40 pages long...and I can tell you this, I GUARENTEE the contract had injury money, but the clauses most likely had to do with him staying out of trouble, which I think even Brandon knows he can't do

Marshal will come to regret not signing the 9.5 mil contract, if he is not offered anything by another team. In short it means that he would play 2 years for a fraction of the 9.5 mil, and if no agreement is reached with the CBA then he will end up sitting at home for NO money in 2011. So with last season plus this season along with what looks to be a lockout year next year, Marshal would have kissed away about 23 mil. and to top it off, he may never be offered that much again. cause if an agreement is made, then the amount of money that a player gets paid will probably decrease. it is the owners that are holding out because they don't want to keep paying that kind of money. The Players will be the ones to have to give in.

At this point the Owners hold all the cards. as only about half the veteran players in the league will be under a contract after this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarley View Post
    Or we can sign him to a large contract.......................

BINGO!...you win the common sense award! :salute!: