Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by eabort View Post
    It's hard to find game tape of him getting beat to the edge. I haven't come across any tape of RM getting beat to the edge. He seems to have average lateral speed and he could struggle in man and deep zone. He takes good angles, stays balanced and sheds blocks well. He is considered a very smart player with great recognition.

Are there certain plays you saw him miss or that cause you to question his athleticism?
    He doesnt get beat very often, but I didnt see him make plays sideline to sideline.

Instead of giving up 3 yards on a sweep, a Top 10 LB should be able to close the gap and make the play at the LOS or in the backfield. He is not fast enough to do that, he is fast enough and smart enough to take that good pursuit angle and not get beat though. Im not saying he is bad, he just isnt top 15 worthy.

Also struggling in man and deep zones and only average lateral speed isnt the making of a top 10 linebacker.

Quote Originally Posted by BF_forever View Post
    He doesnt get beat very often, but I didnt see him make plays sideline to sideline.

Instead of giving up 3 yards on a sweep, a Top 10 LB should be able to close the gap and make the play at the LOS or in the backfield. He is not fast enough to do that, he is fast enough and smart enough to take that good pursuit angle and not get beat though. Im not saying he is bad, he just isnt top 15 worthy.

Also struggling in man and deep zones and only average lateral speed isnt the making of a top 10 linebacker.
    All I have to say is 4.74 was fast enough for cushing...So I'm assuming its fast enough for McClain....Which means its definitely fast enough for me if he was 1 of our 2 ILB in a 3-4.
    http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/rr93/xgcadam/JakesSig1.png

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Caliraiderhater View Post
    All I have to say is 4.74 was fast enough for cushing...So I'm assuming its fast enough for McClain....Which means its definitely fast enough for me if he was 1 of our 2 ILB in a 3-4.
    So Cushing ran a 4.74 also?

Quote Originally Posted by BF_forever View Post
    So Cushing ran a 4.74 also?
    well didnt cushings play OLB and wouldnt McClain play ILB...so there is a few yards difference there so maybe he wont catch the RB if he is that slow...Just Saying...

Quote Originally Posted by kona bronco View Post
    well didnt cushings play OLB and wouldnt McClain play ILB...so there is a few yards difference there so maybe he wont catch the RB if he is that slow...Just Saying...
    Ya I get that, I was just poking fun at caliraiderhater since he has mentioned the 4.74 in everyone of his posts in this thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hoserman117 View Post
    Brandon Graham and McClain would be playing two different positions in a 3-4. McClain is not supposed to get sacks as an ILB.
    Graham could play either linebacker position,and he would be the more elite linebacker a la Ray Lewis player.Graham is gonna be a factor in this league instantly.I will say it now,Graham is better than Ayers by far.If we are looking for depth behind Dumervill,i would rather it be Graham over Ayers.

I hope McDaniels dont past Graham up with the first pick of the draft,we will be sorry later .Its like selecting Eddie Royal over DeSean Jackson,which should have never happened.

The problem with taking McLain would be that he would play the Jack spot, which is what DJ plays. So, to play in out scheme, he would have to play the Ted spot, which isn't a glamourous position to play, and really wouldn't warrant a top pick. I wouldnt mind having him and seeing how he would do, i think he has enough instincts to do well, but would he do well enough to unseat Andra Davis?

ILB isnt really a position of need, so i really don't see this as being our top choice at our pick
    Adopted 2010 Bronco: Chris Kuper
    Adopted 2011 Bronco: Brian Dawkins

Quote Originally Posted by no-pseudo-fan View Post
    Here is the answer...some people don't know what they are talking about.

Ray Lewis is average when being blocked. When given the chance to run, he is AWESOME.
    I bet ten bucks you take haolti ngata away from that d-line and lewis doesnt look like ray lewis. all good ILB in a 3-4 attribute all there success to the NT in front of them, mcclain is the one that said he wouldnt have been as good without cody infront of him

Quote Originally Posted by broncsfan21 View Post
    The problem with taking McLain would be that he would play the Jack spot, which is what DJ plays. So, to play in out scheme, he would have to play the Ted spot, which isn't a glamourous position to play, and really wouldn't warrant a top pick. I wouldnt mind having him and seeing how he would do, i think he has enough instincts to do well, but would he do well enough to unseat Andra Davis?

ILB isnt really a position of need, so i really don't see this as being our top choice at our pick
    This is what I was saying last year when everyone wanted Maualuga. I can't see drafting McClain with the #11 pick unless they plan to let DJ go after this year. They might both be great pros but unless you want to replace DJ they aren't the best option.
    \

Quote Originally Posted by fraguela09 View Post
    I think Dan Williams is option-1, with Dez Bryant option-1a; after that, I see Jared Odrick and Rolando Mcclain as options B1 & B2.

So, unless someone slips (Claussen, Berry)... I would expect us to pick one of those four aforementioned players.
    I can see us drafting Williams, but I dont think that Bryant is even going to be a first round pick.

McCain is the best pick for this team. He is a leader and he is the dominate player in the middle (who has 3-4 experience) to make all the calls. The guy can run and the guy can tackle.... Would be a day one starter for us and great value at the 11th pick.
    Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pride