Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43
    Quote Originally Posted by #87Birdman View Post
    Finished broken empire trilogy last week and was a fairly enjoyable book. Jorg grew into a solid character so I would recommend this for anyone looking for a grim dark fantasy novel.

After that I started into kings of the wyld and just finished it. The 500 pages flew by as it was a quick moving book but extremely enjoyable. Follows a mercenary band that odd getting back together and going on an adventure. includes all the fantasy monsters you can think of Included in it also. Plenty of rock nods including them being called bands and getting gigs but overall a great book.

Now to think of which book to read next.
    As much as I enjoyed Broken Empire, The Red Queen's War books (takes place during the same world and time, but from the perspective of Jalan Kendeth) is a 100 times better.

While they run concurrently, you get a lot more story out of the second trilogy. And it is it's own separate story so while it does touch on some of the important events that happened in the Broken Empire series, it's a great stand alone series.

*Edit*....nevermind, I've already told you all this above ages ago.
    Last edited by Freyaka; 08-17-2017 at 07:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by #87Birdman View Post
    Finished broken empire trilogy last week and was a fairly enjoyable book. Jorg grew into a solid character so I would recommend this for anyone looking for a grim dark fantasy novel.

After that I started into kings of the wyld and just finished it. The 500 pages flew by as it was a quick moving book but extremely enjoyable. Follows a mercenary band that odd getting back together and going on an adventure. includes all the fantasy monsters you can think of Included in it also. Plenty of rock nods including them being called bands and getting gigs but overall a great book.

Now to think of which book to read next.
    Depends on what you are in the mood for. I'm switching to Sci-fi for a few books I think, I'm all fantasied out currently.

I'm reading Pandora's Star by Peter F Hamilton. It's solid enough so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Canmore View Post
    The Dark Tower series. I've read it in bits and pieces numerous times, but only read it straight through twice. Seems relevant with the movie coming soon. I love, no, am enthralled by Roland's world. To me it compares to the Dune and Foundation trilogies.
    Just finished it myself! still haven't seen the movie....so worried the reviews were not good.

Now that im done with Roland Im starting the new Michael Crichton Novel Dragon Teeth.
    My wife and I are also in the middle of the Bourne series on audio book for road trips
    Last edited by dipablo; 08-17-2017 at 07:42 AM.

Adopted Bronco 2016 Andy Janovich
    Adopted Bronco 2017 Justin Simmons