Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 LastLast
    Sufficiently advanced magic was a solid book and enjoyable. Was classify it as a video game book as it is like reading an RPG in story form. A decent part is involved with a school setting and the rest is the tower which would be similar to a dungeon.

Next on the list is prince of thorns.

Adopted posters: Every last poster on the amazing broncos country message board. All of them past and present and future

The Dark Tower series. I've read it in bits and pieces numerous times, but only read it straight through twice. Seems relevant with the movie coming soon. I love, no, am enthralled by Roland's world. To me it compares to the Dune and Foundation trilogies.

2015 & 2016 Adopted Bronco: Chris Harris Jr.

Kim by Rudyard Kipling
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by Canmore View Post
    The Dark Tower series. I've read it in bits and pieces numerous times, but only read it straight through twice. Seems relevant with the movie coming soon. I love, no, am enthralled by Roland's world. To me it compares to the Dune and Foundation trilogies.
    Keep in mind that the movie is a sequel to the book series, not an adaptation. I'm actually going through the book series for a 2nd time...I'm about halfway through with Wolves of the Calla.

At the same time I'm reading Alice in Chains: The Untold Story. After this the only grunge band I have read a book about is Soundgarden.

Sig pic by dbfan2007

Quote Originally Posted by kishzilla View Post
    You truly are a special kind of strange ha ha ha.
    You damn right!

Songs engineered, mixed, and mastered by yours truly...
    Have It All - Blu3
    Conceited - Blu3
    Intro (Failure Meets Success) - Blu3
    All On You - Blu3

Quote Originally Posted by Canmore View Post
    I need to the read the full series sometime, have only read The Gunslinger so far .... which is a bit of surprise to me, since I'm such a huge King fan.

As for me right now "1984" ... don't know what it is about the classics, seems I always return to them instead of the new best sellers. I didn't ever have a desire to read this one, and can't believe how hard it is to put down.

Adopted Bronco - 2016/17 - Trevor Siemian

For the nth time....re-reading Helter Skelter....

So well written...just about the best true crime story ever told.
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Broncos: Pat Bowlen, Chris Harris Jr.

The Orphan's Tale by Pam Jenoff.

just finished king of thorns on to emperor of thorns.

Adopted posters: Every last poster on the amazing broncos country message board. All of them past and present and future

Quote Originally Posted by #87Birdman View Post
    just finished king of thorns on to emperor of thorns.
    Good books!

Make sure you read the second trilogy set during the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Good books!

Make sure you read the second trilogy set during the same time.
    I probably will but most likely not right away been trying to mix up my authors for the Reddit bingo as you can't use the same author twice. Than again I won't quit a series early so been reading a few that are a trilogy and can only count one.

Thinking either do a single book next or the powder mage trilogy. Still got to get back into robin Hobbs next trilogy plus will have oathbringer in November

The French Foreign Legion by Douglas Porch
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

I probably will but most likely not right away been trying to mix up my authors for the Reddit bingo as you can't use the same author twice. Than again I won't quit a series early so been reading a few that are a trilogy and can only count one.

Thinking either do a single book next or the powder mage trilogy. Still got to get back into robin Hobbs next trilogy plus will have oathbringer in November
    Well just make sure you get back to it, I actually thought the second trilogy was better than the first.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Well just make sure you get back to it, I actually thought the second trilogy was better than the first.
    Yeah heard good things about his newest one to.

Yeah heard good things about his newest one to.
    Haven't touched that one yet.

Finished broken empire trilogy last week and was a fairly enjoyable book. Jorg grew into a solid character so I would recommend this for anyone looking for a grim dark fantasy novel.

After that I started into kings of the wyld and just finished it. The 500 pages flew by as it was a quick moving book but extremely enjoyable. Follows a mercenary band that odd getting back together and going on an adventure. includes all the fantasy monsters you can think of Included in it also. Plenty of rock nods including them being called bands and getting gigs but overall a great book.

Now to think of which book to read next.