Page 32 of 122 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 82 ... LastLast
    I know alot of you are going to be upset with the following statement, but it was never addressed by a commisioner nor stated that we would be allowing the NFL to award each team with their compensatory picks. We have not done so in the past and I do not feel it appropriate for the use of compensatory picks. It will throw off the draft values for alot of the teams that made trades not expecting to receive the compensatory picks. I am sorry for those that do not agree with decision.

However, I have seriously entertained the thought to allow trades during the draft. I am really leaning towards allowing them. With each team allowed only 3 hours per selection, the odds of a trade partner being online at the time, and actually agreeing on terms are very unlikely, So I feel it would be fair.

With Trades during the draft, there will be no trade council involved and alot of teams will be getting the upperhand if a trade is actually agreed upon.

I am now putting it up to vote for everyone if they would like to attempt a draft where trades are allowed. Please give your vote and reasoning that it will be successful or ultimately fail.
    New England Patriots GM

Quote Originally Posted by Gbt31 View Post
    I know alot of you are going to be upset with the following statement, but it was never addressed by a commisioner nor stated that we would be allowing the NFL to award each team with their compensatory picks. We have not done so in the past and I do not feel it appropriate for the use of compensatory picks. It will throw off the draft values for alot of the teams that made trades not expecting to receive the compensatory picks. I am sorry for those that do not agree with decision.

However, I have seriously entertained the thought to allow trades during the draft. I am really leaning towards allowing them. With each team allowed only 3 hours per selection, the odds of a trade partner being online at the time, and actually agreeing on terms are very unlikely, So I feel it would be fair.

With Trades during the draft, there will be no trade council involved and alot of teams will be getting the upperhand if a trade is actually agreed upon.

I am now putting it up to vote for everyone if they would like to attempt a draft where trades are allowed. Please give your vote and reasoning that it will be successful or ultimately fail.
    I agree with the trades during draft. As long as it is FAIR for both teams it is fine by me. I think a trade like the Owen Daniels trade should not have gone through and those are the trades i am scared of. But as long as both teams are fine with it, i guess they understand that their grade could suffer from it.

Another thing i wanted to ask. Will the people who get good grades recieve CP for "winning"?
    Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

Quote Originally Posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
    I agree with the trades during draft. As long as it is FAIR for both teams it is fine by me. I think a trade like the Owen Daniels trade should not have gone through and those are the trades i am scared of. But as long as both teams are fine with it, i guess they understand that their grade could suffer from it.

Another thing i wanted to ask. Will the people who get good grades recieve CP for "winning"?
    Sure
    New England Patriots GM

Trades during the draft slow things down. I'm a no vote. Besides, a lot of the trades that have been made thus far have been made with the expectation that they would not be permitted during the draft, and the council will not be involved? Yeah, no. No.

And by the way, I don't get why we're not allowing comp picks. I thought we were trying to simulate the actual offseason, and what's the harm with allowing them? They're real, and they're a part of the game. I disagree with the decision. Is that something the full council decided on?
    HEAR ME ROAR!

Thanks to Freyaka for the great sig!

I'm a NO vote on the trade during draft scenario. Many of my moves were based off the fact we never allowed draft day trades, so I had to analyze deals and who I thought would be there or not when I made certain trades.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDeyBengals View Post
    Trades during the draft slow things down. I'm a no vote. Besides, a lot of the trades that have been made thus far have been made with the expectation that they would not be permitted during the draft, and the council will not be involved? Yeah, no. No.

And by the way, I don't get why we're not allowing comp picks. I thought we were trying to simulate the actual offseason, and what's the harm with allowing them? They're real, and they're a part of the game. I disagree with the decision. Is that something the full council decided on?
    In theory trades during the draft would not slow it down. Every team is going to be given 3 hours no matter what, and not everyone is going to be exploring trade down options. No matter what, your selection must be turned in by the expiration of the 3 hour window or it moves on to the next team. Of course you can still pick at anytime after that 3 hour window but you are missing out if teams turn in their pick earlier.

As for Comp picks, we have never done it in the past, nor ever stated we were going to do it this year. When we started the game, Comp picks had not been awarded yet in the NFL. People just assumed we were getting them. Yes this is what me and DJ decided about comp picks. I will discuss it with the other members, but as of right now, I would not count on being awarded the comp picks.
    New England Patriots GM

I agree on not allowing compensatory picks, and on allowing trades during the draft. If they can't be worked out within the time frame, they can be skipped and pick whenever possible. I'm a yes vote.
    Made by Houshmazode

Quote Originally Posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post

Can I get retroactive CP's for winning last year.

I vote no. If it was established at the begining of the game then yes, but to do it now would put teams at a disadvantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanders76 View Post
    Can I get retroactive CP's for winning last year.

I vote no. If it was established at the begining of the game then yes, but to do it now would put teams at a disadvantage.
    I appreciate the feedback everyone. Keep it up, I like hearing from the masses on a thread and not my overflowing inbox...
    New England Patriots GM

I think we should be allowed to trade during the draft. A 3 hour window is a long time. Also I (as the Giants GM) have not been as active because I assumed we would be allowed to trade on draft day just like the real thing. If we are allowed to it will bring an added realism to our game.

We should decide what we are doing quickly though, cause if trades arn't going to be allowed the Giants will be making some moves before the trade deadline!

Quote Originally Posted by REPPINTHE303 View Post
    I think we should be allowed to trade during the draft. A 3 hour window is a long time. Also I (as the Giants GM) have not been as active because I assumed we would be allowed to trade on draft day just like the real thing. If we are allowed to it will bring an added realism to our game.

We should decide what we are doing quickly though, cause if trades arn't going to be allowed the Giants will be making some moves before the trade deadline!
    You should be attempting to make trades and approach the draft as if we are not allowing trades during it...not waiting around for a decision to be made.
    New England Patriots GM

im back from vacations, i vote no, and also when does the draft begins?
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [COLOR="Orange"][SIZE="5"][FONT="Impact"]SIMON SAYS 97.5 SACKS!!![/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by REPPINTHE303 View Post
    If they are not allowed, I'd hope that people don't get knocked for taking players earlier than they are expected to be drafted. For instance, say Berry isn't there at #7 then I shouldn't be given flack for taking Taylor Mays or some other Safety at #7 (even though they are expected to be much later in the first round).

I am a no vote on trades during the draft.

Also I think that not allowing comp picks is the right thing to do, as we never have in the past and never said they would be added when we started this.
    Last edited by Ringo56; 04-05-2010 at 05:54 PM.

Albert Haynesworth is officially on the Block. Can be had for any package involving a NT and a pick, or 2nd & 3rd round picks. Will entertain any offer as the relationship between Shanny and Albert has officially soured to the point the player must be moved.
    2016 GM for the Buffalo Bills.