Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Dwan Edwards to the Bills

Big day for Buffalo: After signing LB Andra Davis earlier in day, Bills reached agreement with free-agent DE Dwan Edwards later in day.

http://twitter.com/ADAM_SCHEFTER

That kind of surprises me. I guess he went to the highest bidder......or Buffalo's training staff is a little more lenient.

We definitely need a run stopping DE in the draft.

Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

The Bills need to be working on their offense more if they want to return to relevancy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [B]D.J. Williams[/B] - My 2011 adopted Bronco

I heard his previous neck injury is what scared away Denver and Seattle. If he stays healthy, this could be a huge pickup for the Bills.

The spinal fusion neck thing was news to me. That explains everything. I'm curious to see what his contract is that Baltimore and Denver did not want to match.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
    The spinal fusion neck thing was news to me. That explains everything. I'm curious to see what his contract is that Baltimore and Denver did not want to match.
    DE Dwan Edwards officially signed his four-year, $18 million deal this morning with the Bills.

Quote Originally Posted by bahn View Post
    DE Dwan Edwards officially signed his four-year, $18 million deal this morning with the Bills.

I didnt expect the amount to be that high. I was thinking more of 4 years $12 million.

We spent our money a little more wisely IMO.

It's basically the same exact contract we gave to Justin Bannan. His was 5 years, 22 million. I think that neck injury really scared teams off, the Bills were just desperate.

Kind of a bummer we didn't get him, but if his neck injury is serious I suppose it's worth it in the end.

Meanwhile, Edwards was introduced as a newly-minted Bill during a press conference. He had visited the Seattle Seahawks and the Denver Broncos, but didn't get offers because he didn't pass their physicals.

http://www.carrollcountytimes.com/sp...cc4c002e0.html

Figured thats why.

Dwan Edwards failed Broncos physical

Dwan Edwards failed physicals with the Broncos and Seahawks before signing with the Bills.

Edwards underwent spinal fusion surgery two years ago, and the Ravens wanted him to have another procedure on his neck. Edwards insists he's healthy enough to play without suffering long-term damage, and the Bills were satisfied after he was cleared by the doctor who performed his original surgery.
    Link

I guess that's why we didn't sign him. Kind of a bummer, he's young and would have been a solid starter. I guess the health risks were too great.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoserman117 View Post
    Link

I guess that's why we didn't sign him. Kind of a bummer, he's young and would have been a solid starter. I guess the health risks were too great.
    I figured that to be the reason why we didnt sign him. One thing about Jmcd whether you like him or not is that very few free agents have come to town for a visit and left without a deal.

Thanks to dbfan2007 for sig

A little more. . .

Edwards failed physicals before Bills signed him
    Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on March 18, 2010 12:22 PM ET
    Defensive end Dwan Edwards visited the Broncos and Seahawks before signing a four-year contract with the Bills, but he never got a contract offer from them because of failed physicals.

PFT alum Aaron Wilson of the Carroll County Times has the news, which underscores what a risky signing it was for Buffalo. Baltimore also withdrew their offer to Edwards during the free agency process.

For the record, we think Edwards was a solid young player worth taking a risk on. He was able to play 18 games last season despite not undergoing neck surgery that the Ravens wanted in 2008. (He did undergo spinal fusion surgery.)

"I'm glad they took a chance on me," Edwards said about the Bills. "It motivates me, definitely, that teams dropped interest. I'm looking forward to getting back on the field with some of these teams."

Looks like he took it a little personal. . .

Link: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ls-signed-him/
    Remember: If you dont feed the trolls - they will go away! Neither logic nor a compelling argument will make a difference.

The Ravens let him go and we did not want to sign him. McDaniels thought Jarvis Green was a better option. I think we already have a pretty decent DL. The Bills are more desperate since they will make the transition to the 3-4.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by Pratama View Post
    Edwards failed physicals before Bills signed him
    Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on March 18, 2010 12:22 PM ET
    Defensive end Dwan Edwards visited the Broncos and Seahawks before signing a four-year contract with the Bills, but he never got a contract offer from them because of failed physicals.

PFT alum Aaron Wilson of the Carroll County Times has the news, which underscores what a risky signing it was for Buffalo. Baltimore also withdrew their offer to Edwards during the free agency process.

For the record, we think Edwards was a solid young player worth taking a risk on. He was able to play 18 games last season despite not undergoing neck surgery that the Ravens wanted in 2008. (He did undergo spinal fusion surgery.)

"I'm glad they took a chance on me," Edwards said about the Bills. "It motivates me, definitely, that teams dropped interest. I'm looking forward to getting back on the field with some of these teams."

Looks like he took it a little personal. . .

Link: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ls-signed-him/
    I cant speak for Ryan Clady but I am sure he is just shaking in his boots

Thanks to dbfan2007 for sig