Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Types of Posters That Make Me Laugh (And Growl)

This applies mostly to GD, as so often is the case around here. It's about the posters that either make me laugh (for the wrong reasons), or make me growl or just make me want to skip to the next post. You've seen them, and maybe you've had to deal with them (and maybe you are one of them).

Here's my initial list:

1) Posters that say "write this down". That one makes me laugh actually. It's like..... I am going to say something evolutionary, brilliant and basically worthy of genius status. Do they really think we're going to run for a paper and pen, and document this once in a lifetime gem? I get giddy at the thought.......oh, please wait while I fetch my trusty pen. To what do I owe this honour that you are about to bestow on me???????

2) Marathon Debaters.......you know the ones, the dudes that will argue a point for pages and pages, as if to say, "I will not back down, for the rest of my life". The responses get longer and longer, and often contain comments about every little piece of what the other poster wrote, broken into small quotes.

These dudes are dangerous......they have endurance and even worse, they are never wrong (at least in their opinion).

3) Posters who bring back posts on topics that they were right about. Most of us are right a good % of the time, but we do not have the inclination nor the ego to tell everyone about it. Okay, there are exceptions on this, but not too many. Do people really believe that others are truly impressed by their so called "heroics"? Here's my advice to them.......follow some of the really good posters here for a while......they are right most of the time, but they typically don't tell everyone about it.

4) Posters who use this line more than necessary......"I stopped reading at......" I can see it once in a while but to say something like that when someone is really trying to inform or communicate, is very rude if you ask me. Why not just "stop reading" it without proclaiming it???

5) Posters with no sense of humour......often when someone is just being funny, a number of posters don't get it. They respond in some very interesting ways, like, "that will never happen"......think you know what I mean.

6) Posters that are flat out rude dudes. You make a fairly straight forward statement and they hit you back with a low blow.....hmmmm, these are people on the same side as us.......imagine what they might say if they were on an opposing team?

7) POSTERS WHO CAPITALIZE AND BOLD THEIR ARGUMENTS TO TRY TO MAKE A POINT

8) Posters who bring their bias to almost every post they make.......move on dude!!!!

9) Posters who do not understand the meaning of grammar........they are notorious for posting sentences that go on for about 3 paragraphs, and include spelling that is not understood by modern civilization.

10) Posters who have as many as 10 items in their posts.......

When posters point out how many bars they have. I mean sure, sometimes it might validate a point more to some people, but the poster himself doesnt have to flaunt it.

11) Posters that misuse ellipses on a regular basis.

HEAR ME ROAR!

Thanks to Freyaka for the great sig!

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDeyBengals View Post
    11) Posters that misuse ellipses on a regular basis.

Hey thats number 12......................................

Ya, there's lots of posters that'll piss ya off, but then again there's a lot of people that piss me off.

My old lady always used to say 'it takes every type to make the world go round'.

Personally, I appreciate the differences and such. It'd be boring if everyone was as a eloquent as an English teacher er as a stupidd ass a rokk...........

(Felt like misusing ellipses.... and parentheses)

Quote Originally Posted by VenomousDB View Post
    Hey thats number 12......................................
    13. Posters who add to a list and forget to put the number in front, then expect others to make a note of it.

HEAR ME ROAR!

# 9 iz da most annoyin kind of posta i h8 ppl who don kno how 2 use grammer rite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm mentally strained after typing that.
    ...capture it...remember it...

Geez Can. Tell me how you REALLY feel about me why don't ya?

Quote Originally Posted by Peerless View Post
    Geez Can. Tell me how you REALLY feel about me why don't ya?
    (14) ^^^Posters who think the world revolves around them

Quote Originally Posted by Snapping Turtle View Post
    # 9 iz da most annoyin kind of posta i h8 ppl who don kno how 2 use grammer rite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm mentally strained after typing that.
    I have to agree with this. I have a 6 year old who writes better than some of the people who post on these boards.

Adopted Posters:
    Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
    Adopted By:
    Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
    Broncbeat

Quote Originally Posted by Thors Hammer View Post
    I have to agree with this. I have a 6 year old who writes better than some of the people who post on these boards.
    HEAR ME ROAR!

My gramar is top noch

I STOPPED READING AT #10.

Brock you like a hurricane!

Think of a bigger, stronger, more handsome Eli Manning.... That's Fargo.

The worst kind are the deluded ones who post absolutely nonsense which serves little other purpose than to run up their post count.

And those who say "FACT!" after stating an opinion.

Also as selfish and stupid as this may sound, I detest in smack talk when you absolutely show that someone is completely wrong and they just act like you never posted. It's happened to me twice and god it annoys me, you want to just keep reposting what you said before but thats incredibly arrogant. As is believing that you were right, but sometimes, to hell with it, YOU'RE RIGHT!

How about the members who over-inflate their ego? That stuff drives me nuts.

Who wants to join my fan club?
    Brock you like a hurricane!

Think of a bigger, stronger, more handsome Eli Manning.... That's Fargo.