Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by crash123go View Post
    nolan from what I take is kinda a more quite guy not really a lets crack some skulls kinda D cordinator, and also I saw as we went farther into the season he got less and less agressive with his blitz's the later into the season it got the more 3 and 4 man rush's I saw. I want full out blitz's man we got great man cover corners lets go right after some of these teams
    Well if it aint broke dont fix it. There's no reason why anything should of changed. Imo we have one great cover corner, Goodman is not my favorite, overall we need to be aggressive get to that qb throw him off to make bad throws. Hopefully it all works out this year is all i can say.

Raiders @ Broncos 9-30-12

Quote Originally Posted by MNBroncs85 View Post
    Well if it aint broke dont fix it. There's no reason why anything should of changed. Imo we have one great cover corner, Goodman is not my favorite, overall we need to be aggressive get to that qb throw him off to make bad throws. Hopefully it all works out this year is all i can say.
    goodman is one of the most underated corners in the league, not your favoeite hmmm do you realize he was our biggest play maker this last year

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoSexyDaddy View Post
    From what i see with the new guys added,it dont look good for us.The only significant player added was Jamal Williams,thats it.Jamal cant do it by himself,with back up players added.It depends if we can fix our LB problem,and add depth to the NT position for me to buy into that theory.Right now it looks like a long shot.

The players Ive seen brought in from the draft,with the exception of Toby Gernhart,im not sold on us gettin to the playoffs.Now if we can draft a LB like McClain,or Brandan Graham,i might buy into that theory.
    actually I am real excited to see what bannan can do, cause I dont see him as a backup more like a guy that played behind 2 great DE and maybe the best 3-4 END in all football so I dont blame him for not cracking the starting roster, plus green is one of the best pass rush 3-4 DE in the league. I am curious to see who will start on the other DE, cause it wont be green he already said he isnt a starting DE he's a 3rd down end, personally I hope its baker you put baker at 330 lbs next to williams and bannan MAN!! thats a run stopping wall of meat right there

goodman is one of the most underated corners in the league, not your favoeite hmmm do you realize he was our biggest play maker this last year
    Thats where I will have to disagree with you bro. I remember my dad and I watching games and concluding on how terrible goodman's play was, Missed tackles, blown coverage etc. I even have a thread on here that i think quite a few people agreed with me on about goodmans terrible play. He did pick it up from the away Kc game to the end of the season. But there was a point where he made me wanna throw a remote through the tv. And alot of his pics were just at the right place at the right time, look what i found kind of pics. But to each is own.:salute!:
    Last edited by MNBroncs85; 03-30-2010 at 11:48 PM.

Raiders @ Broncos 9-30-12

Quote Originally Posted by MNBroncs85 View Post
    Thats where I will have to disagree with you bro. I remember my dad and I watching games and concluding on how terrible goodman's play was, Missed tackles, blown coverage etc. I even have a thread on here that i think quite a few people agreed with me on about goodmans terrible play. He did pick it up from the away Kc game to the end of the season. But there was a point where he made me wanna throw a remote through a tv. And alot of his pics were just at the right place at the right time, look what i found kind of pics. But to each is own.:salute!:
    actually its true with 5 int. and 1 fumble returned to the house( which is our only defensive TD of the year) he was our biggest playmaker on defense, sorry you cant beat the stats dude whether he was at the right place at the right time or not they still count.
    Last edited by crash123go; 03-30-2010 at 11:58 PM.

actually its true with 5 int. and i fumble returned to the house( which is our only defensive TD of the year) he was our biggest playmaker on defense, sorry you cant beat the stats dude whether he was at the right place at the right time or not they still count.
    Ayers took a fumble back to the house for a TD also.

Quote Originally Posted by JayJack View Post
    Ayers took a fumble back to the house for a TD also.
    oh ya thats right I forgot about that one, hmm even the announcer of the first KC game forgot about that one cause thats what he said was that fumble was the first defensive TD of the year. anyways goodman is a good corner it was his first year in the system lets see what he does this year but he is a large upgrade over dre bly

Denver has pretty good depth at all D positions. the move they made in the offseason will give us alil more bulk and push to bust thru o-lines.I honestly think our D-Backs and corners are as good as any team. we have good talent and experience to teach the youngsters coming up.all and all it looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoSexyDaddy View Post
    From what i see with the new guys added,it dont look good for us.The only significant player added was Jamal Williams,thats it.Jamal cant do it by himself,with back up players added.It depends if we can fix our LB problem,and add depth to the NT position for me to buy into that theory.Right now it looks like a long shot.

The players Ive seen brought in from the draft,with the exception of Toby Gernhart,im not sold on us gettin to the playoffs.Now if we can draft a LB like McClain,or Brandan Graham,i might buy into that theory.
    ? Besides Jamal, we brought in 2 others Bannan, Green - who will probably find their way into the starting lineup and we have three others who have all started for us last season. I agree that we need to add depth to our LB core (advocate for McClain) and picking up a NT in the later rounds but I think, on paper, our dLine is looking pretty solid for next season

and I am ready for the Broncos to be dominate on defense. Defense wins championships, no glory/ring if we have KC running up and down the field on us.

See, I'm just not on board. First, all this talk of more blitzes doesn’t make any sense to me. That’s exactly the crux of the philosophical differences between McDaniels and Nolan. Nolan was the aggressive, attacking style and McDaniels wanted it toned down. As for the signing,

Jamal Williams - 11th NFL season, coming off season ending injury. He was a force early in his career but its pretty evident that he’s on the down side now
    Jarvis Green – 8th NFL season, never more than 7.5 sacks in a season, multiple injuries including ankle and knee surgery. Never a stand out, was a role player in a defense designed for role players.
    Justin Bannan – 9th NFL season, career backup spending time in Buffalo and Baltimore, never able to crack the starting lineup in either place.

I just don’t see where this optimism comes from. All three with a lot of wear and tear and two of them nothing more than role players for their former teams.

As for the rest of the D… eh. Outside of Dawkins, who is another year older and has another season of throwing his body around under his belt, there really isnt much. Bailey, whom is one of my favorite NFL players of all time, is two years from retirement (IMO). He cant stay away from injuries, some significant but most just nagging minor types. Ayers? Heard someone say that his numbers would have been outstanding last year if he wasn’t a step slower than Dume… that’s funny. Anywho… the jury is still out. He looks the part but has trouble getting off blocks. And he’s obviously not past enough to get the edge on a consistent basis. Marcus Thomas… he turned out to be just what we thought he would be when he was drafted… lazy. If he makes it through camp it will be his last season with the Broncos. DJ Williams has been misused and out of position almost his entire time with the NFL. Had he gone to any other team the guy would have been a household name. I don’t see anything changing with him this year. Mediocre play at best. A couple of highlight reels but for the most part, not a lot to get excited about. Goodman? Eh, he’s a “safe” corner. He wont let you get behind him but you can catch the ball in front of him all day. He’s not physical, he’s not fast.

Anywho… this is a D completely devoid a playmaker outsider of Dumervile. I want to believe that Robert Ayers in going to “find his game” this year but until it happens its simply speculation. I want to believe that DJ is finally going to be put in a position to be successful but its generally not been the case. It’s a team full of has beens and never will be’s.

I think it's safe to say the Broncos will be better on defense than they were last year, but the question is, How much better?

The front three are minor improvements over their predecessors. Let's not forget their previous teams -- strong defensive units -- were willing to let them go.

Andra Davis, who knew what he was doing, is gone. Haggans also knows what he's doing, but Ayers will be stepping in at a position he did not play in college and hasn't played much in an NFL game. He will make mistakes, and teams will go after him.

Dumervil is the best player we've got. But teams will understand they have to stop him and will concentrate their resources on him. For this reason, he may not get as many sacks in 2010.

Champ Bailey is easily the best cornerback in the NFL. Revis, Asumogha (sp?) are good but not in Bailey's league. Speed is vastly overrated in cornerbacks. Skill is much more important. If you don't believe that, revisit the Dallas game. Bailey knows how to defend every endzone pass.

Finally, defense was not the Broncos' weak point last year. It was their anemic offense. Without some extraordinary plays by Marshall the Broncs would have been 6-10. No matter how good the defense is, we can't win with an offense that generates less than 20 points.

Our D being elite this year will depend on 3 things

1. it starts with the new D-line. They collectively need to play well to give us a chance.

2. drafting McClain ILB. He is a proven leader, he's smart , he's a workhorse, not to mention his god given size and playmaking abilities. He will be an immediate impact starter.

3. our new DC and how he uses the players and schemes.

I like our chances, but our entire success rests on ball control and D as we all know. So if our D isn't up to the task (last 8 games) we will fail, our O isn't designed to put up big points.

LOL.... Gangbusters. HEHEHEHEH! Makes me think of things outside of football. HEHEHEHEHEH!!!!

actually I am real excited to see what bannan can do, cause I dont see him as a backup more like a guy that played behind 2 great DE and maybe the best 3-4 END in all football so I dont blame him for not cracking the starting roster, plus green is one of the best pass rush 3-4 DE in the league. I am curious to see who will start on the other DE, cause it wont be green he already said he isnt a starting DE he's a 3rd down end, personally I hope its baker you put baker at 330 lbs next to williams and bannan MAN!! thats a run stopping wall of meat right there
    I wish we could get Rolando McClain,Cody,and Brandan Graham in camp,i would love to see all of these guys compete for a starting position.I bet Brandan Graham would win a starting position.