View Poll Results: Are you growing a "Playoff Beard"?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    8 40.00%
  • No

    12 60.00%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 97
  1. #76
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    1,187
    Quote Originally Posted by Medford Bronco View Post
    I can never root for a team that has a history of dirtiness.

    I hate Bobby Clarke with a passion. Also Paul Holmgren, mel bridgeman, moose dupont amongst others.

    They were the chippiest team and I hated they way they play.

    they have some punks still in Carcillo and Hartnell.

    I do give them credit for last night but I still think Chicago is way more talented than a team that was in the 7th spot in the East.

    I respect Lavi, Gagne and Richards but am far from a fan

    Go Hawks. They are so much more fun to watch and play like my 06 Canes with their up tempo game. I love fast paced playoff hockey.

    Leighton is still shaky in my book. He sucked for my Canes. the team in front of him is better than he was with in Carolina
    Carcillo is a punk, he is the next Sean Avery. Hartnell, though, is just as chippy as any other powerforward in the league. Just look at the other end of the ice at Dustin Bfyuglien. Thats just the mentality of power forwards.
    Adopted 2010 Bronco: Chris Kuper
    Adopted 2011 Bronco: Brian Dawkins

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Appleton, WI
    Posts
    6,246
    Quote Originally Posted by Medford Bronco View Post
    I can never root for a team that has a history of dirtiness.

    I hate Bobby Clarke with a passion. Also Paul Holmgren, mel bridgeman, moose dupont amongst others.

    They were the chippiest team and I hated they way they play.

    they have some punks still in Carcillo and Hartnell.

    I do give them credit for last night but I still think Chicago is way more talented than a team that was in the 7th spot in the East.

    I respect Lavi, Gagne and Richards but am far from a fan

    Go Hawks. They are so much more fun to watch and play like my 06 Canes with their up tempo game. I love fast paced playoff hockey.

    Leighton is still shaky in my book. He sucked for my Canes. the team in front of him is better than he was with in Carolina
    I think the biggest thing that I dislike Bobby Clark for was the way he treated Eric Lindros when he was injured. I remember when Lindros had what he believed were cracked ribs, and Clark basically challenged his manhood. It turned out that Lindros had a collapsed lung, and had it not been for a teammate checking up on him, he may have died. Real classy Bobby.

    As for the Hawks, I'm pulling for former UW Badger Adam Burish to get on the scoreboard. Not really a goal scorer, but he's a grinder who works really hard, plus he's a pretty big hitter.

    I was kind of pulling for the Sharks to get to the cup finals because Joe Pavelski is a local kid who just exploded this post season.

    Adopted Posters:
    Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
    Adopted By:
    Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
    Broncbeat

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Medford, MA
    Posts
    6,354
    Well Philly played well tonight, except for some shaky 3rd period moments.

    Now its best of 3 with Chicago having 2 home games.

    Go Hawks.

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Medford, MA
    Posts
    6,354
    Good first period so far.

    Hawks are dominating but that damn Leighton looks good.

    Go Hawks. Come on Adrew Ladd a former Cane, score for Med.

    Or Patrick Kane, my favorite Hawk along with Dunkin Keith

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Medford, MA
    Posts
    6,354
    Great job by the Hawks in the first.

    I love it.

    Versteeg picking the corner

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Medford, MA
    Posts
    6,354
    Nice Answer by Kane after Hartnell made it 3-1


    **Edit** 5-2 after 2. Good job by the Hawks weathering the storm.

    Glad Bfuglin (sp) scored. He looks like a fullback lol
    Last edited by Medford Bronco; 06-06-2010 at 06:58 PM.

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    France
    Posts
    2,173
    That game wasn't as exciting for a neutral fan. I really hope this goes to 7 games.

    The worst time of the year is coming... no hockey or football

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Medford, MA
    Posts
    6,354
    Quote Originally Posted by TRUEBRONCOFAN24 View Post
    That game wasn't as exciting for a neutral fan. I really hope this goes to 7 games.

    The worst time of the year is coming... no hockey or football
    I agree but I want the Cup won on Wednesday night, in front of the Philly fans.

    I just want a team that deserves a Cup to get it done and not have to sweat out a loss. The Flyers are very resilient and should not be given any hope.

    I dont like them but respect what they have done with Lavi.

    Go Hawks have Byfuglin or Ladd get the GW in ot. Those guys are gritty players that play the game the right way.

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Medford, MA
    Posts
    6,354
    This is what I want to see on Wed Night

    Big Dustin Byuglin Scoring in OT!

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Lost in the shadow of the Cross
    Posts
    20,587
    Good to see you Med! I would CP you if I could.
    Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

    Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    990
    Flyers need to take game six then steal game 7 in chi. If the flyers have shown anything this post season its that in the face of an elimination game they rise to the occasion time after time. We need some good goaltending out of leighton hopefully he comes through for us.


    Team Tebow #267

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Lost in the shadow of the Cross
    Posts
    20,587
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyBronco24 View Post
    Flyers need to take game six then steal game 7 in chi. If the flyers have shown anything this post season its that in the face of an elimination game they rise to the occasion time after time. We need some good goaltending out of leighton hopefully he comes through for us.
    Is William Penn wearing a Flyers Jersey like he was back when you faced the Wings?
    Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

    Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    990
    Quote Originally Posted by Southstander View Post
    Is William Penn wearing a Flyers Jersey like he was back when you faced the Wings?
    Naa I think it is believed to be bad luck now since what happened in 1997. In 08 I herd they asked the phillies if they wanted the city to put a philies jersey or hat on Penn and they said no, so I guess its sorta taboo now.


    Team Tebow #267

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Lost in the shadow of the Cross
    Posts
    20,587
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyBronco24 View Post
    Naa I think it is believed to be bad luck now since what happened in 1997. In 08 I herd they asked the phillies if they wanted the city to put a philies jersey or hat on Penn and they said no, so I guess its sorta taboo now.
    Good. I am sorry, but I thought that was such a dopey idea.
    Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

    Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    990
    Quote Originally Posted by Southstander View Post
    Good. I am sorry, but I thought that was such a dopey idea.
    Yea I just hope they win, broad street gets pretty crazy when any sports team here wins something big. I just wished they woulda took the series sooner this playoff beard is getting annoying.


    Team Tebow #267

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •