View Poll Results: what should denver do at WR?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Draft Dez bryant

5 13.89%
  • Get TO and Bryant

1 2.78%
  • get TO Draft another WR...TO moulds young WR

1 2.78%
  • Go another route...Other

29 80.56%
Page 4 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
    Biggest worry: reaching on a position at 11.

I don't know what the Broncos board looks like. We know they prize "system fit" highly along with certain attributes (smart, physical, versatile, team players). However the grades are assigned, I hope they stick with them and take the guy at the top of the pile when it comes time to pick at 11.

Maybe if Mike Shanahan was still the coach with the ZBS. He could make ANY running back look good.
    Was this kid undrafted? Signed to a couple different practice squads? I wouldn't get too excited over it.

I would like to see J.J. Arrington get some carries this year.
    [IMG]http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z27/Vulcan90/bailey2.jpg[/IMG]
    Made by BroncoManiac53

Tebow to visit

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...-in-Tebow.html

Tim Tebow seems to be gaining some momentum for the NFL draft at just the right time.

With 10 days to go until the first round kicks off on Thursday, April 22, in prime time, Tebow is generating a real buzz. The latest? How about Tebow to the Minnesota Vikings with the 30th pick of the first round?

Sports Illustrated’s Peter King reports that Vikings coach Brad Childress and personnel boss Rick Spielman put Tebow through a private workout on Saturday in Florida. The Vikings seem to have interest in Tebow and they’d have the perfect situation to bring him along if, you know who, Brett Favre returns to play. King said it would be ideal if Favre plays “one or two more years” but admitted that might be stretching it.

We’ll say this: Playing behind Favre worked awful well for Aaron Rodgers. No, he’s not around in the offseason to learn from, but that might actually help Tebow. With Favre not around, Tebow would have more opportunities to work with the first team. Of course, Favre has to return to play for all of this to happen.

Tebow makes a trip to Denver this week where the Broncos have quarterbacks they have traded for in the last year: Kyle Orton and Brady Quinn.

I really hope we don't draft him....

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos Bassist View Post
    It's about long-term team building strategy. No, we didn't absolutely have to have Quinn last year, but look at Daniel Graham closely and you'll see why we took him.....
    It can be justified in some ways, but those were some costly reaches. I don't have a problem with reaching for players, I don't have a problem with moving up for players, but we we're doing some pretty costly reaching there.

I'm not sure I see what the worry is here. Was it because you don't want to be wrong?...
    Yup, thats me being selfish there. Just don't wanna be wrong, I probably would be happy if it did happen cuz you are right, it would most likely be good for our drafting strategy.

If Mcdaniels signs this guy, I'm officially done with him!
    http://i409.photobucket.com/albums/pp179/Sean669m2/m_ae5661171089a968d5e7d319920237-1.png

Quote Originally Posted by Hoserman117 View Post
    Aslong as we don't draft him with our 1st, 2nd, or 3rd, round picks I will be fine. And whoever takes Tebow in the first two rounds are going to be the draft chokers this year. For the past few years it has been Oakland, I think Minnesota will avoid that award.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoserman117 View Post
    They should use the 2nd you think theyll get for Marshall to take him.

god.. if they use a 2nd rounder on Tebow.. I'll throw a friggin fit.

-puts on flame proof armor-

Cool, I wouldn't mind having Tebow here. He seems like a McDaniels guy with high character who'll put the team first. :salute!:

Oh man it will be so exciting to see what happens, people will go nuts
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by Schadenfreude View Post
    They should use the 2nd you think theyll get for Marshall to take him.
    Like I said, WHOEVER takes Tebow in the first two rounds are DE offical chokers of this year's draft. And I don't think that will help McD gain any pointers especially with all that has been going on last season and this off-season.

Quote Originally Posted by Amari24 View Post
    Like I said, WHOEVER takes Tebow in the first two rounds are DE offical chokers of this year's draft. And I don't think that will help McD gain any pointers especially with all that has been going on last season and this off-season.
    I don't think they're going to be the chokers of the draft, just like any player in any draft Tebow could boom or bust. For instance look at Tom Brady, a 6th round pick that has become a great QB, and then look at Ryan Leaf; a highly drafted player who turned out to be a bust. I wouldn't label Tebow a bust or any team that labels him chokers for a good 2-3 years :salute!:

Quote Originally Posted by KnockoutOrton8 View Post
    I don't think they're going to be the chokers of the draft, just like any player in any draft Tebow could boom or bust. For instance look at Tom Brady, a 6th round pick that has become a great QB, and then look at Ryan Leaf; a highly drafted player who turned out to be a bust. I wouldn't label Tebow a bust or any team that labels him chokers for a good 2-3 years :salute!:
    Those are good examples but Brady had the intangibles to be an NFL QB so did Ryan Leaf (cant believe im saying that) Tebow doesn't. Hes not a real QB. Meyer can make anyone a QB in his system. He could make a LB a succesful QB. And QBs coming out of Florida never do well. Look at the past years..Chris Leak and Rex Grossman for example. Florida QBs never turn out to be successful NFL players and Ill take all bets that Tebow won't even be half of what they were.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
    It was there rookie year what is with so many people complaining a player isnt going to be good before they have time to develop if a player isnt playing much by the 3rd year then we can say they are a wash.

Ild rather go after players I want rather then constantly settling for the best player available.
    I wasnt complaining. Broncos Rex said Smith and Quinn were reaches. The others (Jake and MHS) said otherwise. I was just adding to their statements that Smith and Quinn were not reaches. Their true value have not yet been determined since they have had limited playing time