Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Don't know why, I just don't want Tate!!!!

I'm not saying he isn't a good WR but I just have this gut feeling that he wouldn't turn out as a good WR for us. I don't know why but there is just something about him that really makes me hope we don't draft him. I think part of it is he IMO is the same type of player as Royal (who should have a much better year in 2010). I just think we need someone who compliments Royals skill set as opposed to matchs it. We need that dominant force that Marshall was for us.

A few examples I would be ok with...

Bryant, Benn, Thomas

Maybe I'm wrong, I don't know. If you feel differently please sell me on tate and who knows...maybe I'll come around.
    http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/rr93/xgcadam/JakesSig1.png

Golden Tate did more in a few games then Eddie Royal did in his senior season.

Tate is way better.

I don't really want him either. We have a near carbon copy of him with Royal. I think we'll go with a bigger player.

Quote Originally Posted by xX-Bronco-Xx View Post
    Golden Tate did more in a few games then Eddie Royal did in his senior season.

Tate is way better.
    I personally think Royal deserves way more respect that what your giving him. Tate hasn't even played 1 down in the NFL and he is "way better". Sorry but I don't think so. Its not about college stats its about transitioning into an NFL player. Something Royal showed he is capable of (91 catches 2nd most all time by a rookie WR) and something Tate hasn't even attempted yet.

You know who also had better stats that Royal in college...

Mike Williams
    Carlos Rogers
    Ashley Lelie
    Donte Stallworth
    Troy Williamson
    Matt Jones
    Mark Clayton
    Reggie Williams

Just saying...

Just like all the other homers in the world. YOU DON'T WANT GOLDEN TATE BECAUSE HE PLAYED FOR NOTRE DAME PLAIN AND SIMPLE

Tate is fast, great run after the catch ability better returner than Royal and catches everything thrown in his direction if you wouldn't want someone like that on your team then you obviously don't know football

The only knock I see on Tate is he needs a little help on his route running abilities and that can be coached up

So stop the bias b/c mark my words Tate will be a beast at the next level.

Quote Originally Posted by Caliraiderhater View Post
    I personally think Royal deserves way more respect that what your giving him. Tate hasn't even played 1 down in the NFL and he is "way better". Sorry but I don't think so. Its not about college stats its about transitioning into an NFL player. Something Royal showed he is capable of (91 catches 2nd most all time by a rookie WR) and something Tate hasn't even attempted yet.

You know who also had better stats that Royal in college...

Mike Williams
    Carlos Rogers
    Ashley Lelie
    Donte Stallworth
    Troy Williamson
    Matt Jones
    Mark Clayton
    Reggie Williams

Just saying...
    You say it's about transitioning into the NFL but you don't even want to give Tate the chance.

Let me rephrase. Tate is a WAY better prospect coming out of college than Eddie Royal was.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishFan81 View Post
    Just like all the other homers in the world. YOU DON'T WANT GOLDEN TATE BECAUSE HE PLAYED FOR NOTRE DAME PLAIN AND SIMPLE

Tate is fast, great run after the catch ability better returner than Royal and catches everything thrown in his direction if you wouldn't want someone like that on your team then you obviously don't know football

The only knock I see on Tate is he needs a little help on his route running abilities and that can be coached up

So stop the bias b/c mark my words Tate will be a beast at the next level.
    Not gonna lie I'm not surprised to get a response like this from someone with the name "IrishFan81"

But just so you know the way I feel about Tate has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the fact he played at Notre Dame. Sorry I went all caps because you did.

I would rather have the bigger WR a la Bryant or Thomas. Tate may be nice in the pros we don't know yet he has never played a down. We do have smaller wr's, and Royal is very nice in the return game.

You say it's about transitioning into the NFL but you don't even want to give Tate the chance.

Let me rephrase. Tate is a WAY better prospect coming out of college than Eddie Royal was.
    What can I say, its a gut feeling. And remember in my first post i did in fact say "i'm not saying he isn't a good WR"

What can I say, its a gut feeling. And remember in my first post i did in fact say "i'm not saying he isn't a good WR"
    But you are alluding to the fact that he won't be by giving me stats to a bunch of WR's that are busts.

Take it for what it's worth but I don't see us drafting Tate either. Although my opinion on Tate is that he'd be a top 10 pick if he was just a little bigger. I can't say the same for Eddie when he was coming out.

much rather take Benn
    -------

But you are alluding to the fact that he won't be by giving me stats to a bunch of WR's that are busts.

Take it for what it's worth but I don't see us drafting Tate either. Although my opinion on Tate is that he'd be a top 10 pick if he was just a little bigger. I can't say the same for Eddie when he was coming out.
    The reasoning behind my list of busts was not to say Tate will be a bust in the NFL. It was purely stating that just because he had a better senior season statistically than Royal doesn't necessarily mean he will be better than Royal at this level.

I'm not saying he isn't a good WR but I just have this gut feeling that he wouldn't turn out as a good WR for us. I don't know why but there is just something about him that really makes me hope we don't draft him. I think part of it is he IMO is the same type of player as Royal (who should have a much better year in 2010). I just think we need someone who compliments Royals skill set as opposed to matchs it. We need that dominant force that Marshall was for us.

A few examples I would be ok with...

Bryant, Benn, Thomas

Maybe I'm wrong, I don't know. If you feel differently please sell me on tate and who knows...maybe I'll come around.
    I have to respectfully disagree, i get the bad feeling from bryant. As you said, im not saying hes not good i just get a bad feeling from him. As some said on here tate did more in smaller amounts of time than some on our team. He played in an NFL style offense and i believe could transition right into our O very quick.
    [CENTER]1995: Came to Bronco Nation because of T.D.
    1997: Was stunned by Elway
    2000: Was inspired by Mike Anderson's drive as a former Marine.
    2002: Joined the Marine Corps.
    2003-2006: Flew the Bronco Flag in Iraq!!!
    2006-Present: Fight the daily fight against the Raider Nation in Cali.
    SEMPER FI!!!
    [B]TEAM TEBOW #1236[/B]
    [/CENTER]

[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

i'm 100% with the OP
    i don't like Tate either!

:salute!:
    [B]Team Tebow Member #14 [/B]