Page 39 of 64 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by theflammer View Post
    It's obvisous that Josh has made some big moves regardless of what side you are on...

Is Josh playing with fire with this Job or maybe even his Coaching career???

Bowlen has given him every chance to be his own man, so my questions is this...

Let's say after all these moves that he fails and is fired in a year or two.

Would any other NFL Team ever give him the keys again to their franchise or would he be black listed for ever????

To be a successful head coach, you need an ego the size of an elephant. You have to do what you think you need to, in order to win.

I have to believe that Bowlen knew this when he hired McD - and I have to think McD brought it up when he was hired.

Otherwise, yes, he is playing with fire.

McD, however, has been given full authority to build this team the way he thinks he needs to. Bowlen, and apparently many around the league, believe he's going to be a great head coach. I expect to have some more minor learning bumps along the way, but we'll get there.
    Hate List for 2016-2017 Season: 1. Oakland, 2. New England, 3. Kansas City, 4. Pittsburgh and 5. Houston (yes, Houston....)

Quote Originally Posted by Kilroy View Post
    seriously, do men in black suits visit you?

Marshall is well documented for several years now of wanting a trade, he obviously did not want to be here. He already turned down one contract Denver offered then asked for a trade again. How much more obvious can it get?

Anything said to the media by either Marshall or McD was just to say the right things. What's MArshall gonna say "I hate Denver, I hate McD", that would really help his trade value. Or McD saying Marshall is a turd, that also would hurt trade value. OF COURSE THEY SAY THIS CRAP TO THE MEDIA. You would too.
    This is what I said. You are preaching to the choir here, well.... doing your best to be sarcastic to the choir anyway.

Bottom line: Marshall did not want to be here. McD wants players that want to be here. He's gone. End of story. It wasn't some conspiracy to make people kiss MCd's ass, it was in the best interest of the Broncos.

If we forced Marshall to stay it would only reflect badly on the Broncos as a whole. So we gave Marshall what he wanted, he got his pay day, we got the best deal we could for him. I for one look forward to a Marshall free rest of the offseason, 2 straight years of him running his mouth got old. Too bad his skills are not a reflection of his character.
    This is where we disagree. It wouldn't ahve looked bad on the Broncos at all. The NT for NE (since McD soooo wants to be just like belly boy) didn't want to be Franchise Tagged. Guess what Belicheck did...he franchise tagged him.

McD has to learn how to deal with all kinds of players, and do whats best for the team. BLeeding top talent isn't how you get better. It only creates more holes to fill. We've seen players all over the NFL gripe about where they are, but end up signing a contract. McD had a problem with Marshall, alright... that I absolutely agree with. But dont' give me this junk that forcing him to stay would have looked "bad" for the Broncos as a whole. That complete BS.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilroy View Post
    Or McD saying Marshall is a turd, that also would hurt trade value.
    Isn't that what McD essentially did to end the season?

The Broncos were LUCKY to get two 2nd's after the way they botched the end of the season!

McDaniels created another hole for a team with too many holes to fill. I am ok moving Brandon Marshall but the idea that McDaniels needs time because he inherited a team with too many holes no longer holds weight as he is creating them as he goes!

Let's not forget the timeline here:

**Broncos approach Brandon and his agent at the combine last year. They begin talking about redoing his deal.

** The Watley incident hits the media

**Broncos all but say stay out of trouble, come through your trial clean, playout this coming season and we will do the deal then.

**Brandon holds his end of the bargain and the Broncos didn't want to hold theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    No. That was again a conflict between Nolan and McD. Nolan probably disagreed with McD, and McD didn't like that Nolan wasn't kissing his butt enough.

Well, they obviously had some kind of conflict during the season because Nolan changed the defensive strategy after they went on that early season win streak. The new strategy called for less blitzing and more re-acting to the offense instead of forcing the offense to adjust. McD probably started butting his nose into Nolan's business.

My case for McD

To those fans who say hes ruining the team I think you need to look deeper. Now minus the WR and Qb Hes came in and completely overhauled th defense and managed to go 8-8 during a rebuilding year. Now provided we draft a good wr we are really not far off from being a competitive team. I really believe we are about 4 or 5 pieces from being a good team. Draft a good WR a good Center and a good mlb and I think this team looks good.

I mean the steelers traded away Santonio(There star wr) and everyone thought it was a good move. Now amid all of the rape allegations the steelers have opened the door to trade rumors involving big ben and everyones hopping on the idea say. Now you can tell me the steelers can do that because of their orginization but they were 8-8 last year so theyre in the same boat IMO.

/end rant
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Props to Charger$ for the sig

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    McD has to learn how to deal with all kinds of players, and do whats best for the team. BLeeding top talent isn't how you get better.
    No he doesn't have to learn how to deal with all kinds of players. He gets to build this team with the players he wants. As far as bleeding top talent goes, first off we've only lost one top talent. Cutler isn't a top QB. He never was. And every time someone claims he is I can feel myself getting stupider just from reading it. And the reality is that McDaniels doesn't believe in giving any one guy a monstrous contract unless he is a complete player in every area. Brandon Marshall is far from a complete player. He's incredibly gifted physically, but he has a pea-brain. It is what it is. To some pea-brained physical freaks are good enough, but not to McDaniels. I agree with him. You on the other hand, don't. That's fine, but to act like McD just likes to dump talented players for the fun of it is absurd.

The steelers also just recently won a superbowl with that WR and QB putting in a major contribution to that SB.

But yes, if McD starts winning this season, all is forgotten, until that happens, he will face the criticism he deserves for us going 8-8 so far under him.
    Being a Bronco fan is more important than being a fan of any coach or player in particular.

8-8 after 6-0 is a shame.

Saying 4-5 pieces is a bit of a laugh! That is rebuilding! Hoping to hit on 4-5 pieces in one draft is asking a lot IMHO.

I like your optimism
    but 4 - 5 top quality players will take up to 3 dratfs and we all ready blew one
    last year. Now I know those players taken last year can mature and grow on the field but the jury is still out

players like b dawk goodie n hill were nice but old

players like j williams greene n bannon are nice but old

we need to pick cant miss youthfull tallent for the next three years that fit mc'dz system and then we will be a juggernaut. McD should be able to coach his ars off with a staple of (his players) running (his system) only time will tell
    [SIGPIC][center][url]http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?u=373422&type=sigpic&dateline=1284569596[/url][center][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFan1088 View Post
    McDaniels has not produced a playoff appearance yet either though, granted he deserves more time but lets not use that as a logical reason since it applies to both sides of the spectrum.
    let's at least give him the same amount of time as we did those players, then judge accordingly

Quote Originally Posted by lolcopter View Post
    let's at least give him the same amount of time as we did those players, then judge accordingly
    precisely what I stated.
    Being a Bronco fan is more important than being a fan of any coach or player in particular.

Quote Originally Posted by Italianmobstr7 View Post
    Technically isn't EVERY NFL coach gambling on their job? I think McDaniels is safe for a while though...

April 11, 2010

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...r_html-2010411

McDaniels is Bowlen’s third coach, and there’s a high standard for him to reach following Dan Reeves, who went to three Super Bowls, and Mike Shanahan, who earned two Super Bowl rings with the Broncos.
    Who ever wrote this doesn't know anything. McD is the 4th Head Coach during Bowlen's tenure: Reeves, Phillips, Shanahan, and McD.

Wade Phillips went 9-7 and 7-9 with 1 playoff appearance during his tenure here in 1993-1994.

I am friends with a radio producer from ESPN radio, and he said it like this..

"The rope around his neck is getting a lot shorter by the minute"

Meaning, if he had 5 years to build us, he now has 3, if he had 3, he may have 1 season left, that kind of thing.

Every coach gambles with their future every single day.

Just ask Shanahan.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    If he fails to make the playoffs next year and the year after he will be gone, but had he kept Marshall and Cutler he would still be gone if he didn't make the playoffs.

In the end McDaniels is doing what he thinks is best for the team, sometimes you have to cut ties with players like Marshall. When they have off the field issues you have to question if the player is worth the money (nearly $50 million) they are demanding, look at the Steelers and Ben, he may end up getting traded/released because of his off the field problems. Sometimes getting rid of the player is whats best for the team.
    McDaniels will be gone after this year unless he wins, no doubt.

Reeves was dismissed after his last 8-8 season (3 Super Bowl appearances)
    Phillips was dismissed after going 16-16 in his two years (1 playoff appearance)
    Shanahan was dismissed after going 24-24 his last 3 seasons (2 SuperBowl Championships)

Why do you think a 3rd year would be given to a head coach that didn't win?

McD is taking very bold moves in an attempt to win this season his way. If he doesn't he won't be kept around and the team and fans will be the losers due to these changes.

His gambles better pay off or we all lose.