View Poll Results: Tebow Spectrum

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • Next Elway/He's gonna be the best QB ever/etc

9 11.25%
  • He's gonna be damn good/a few SB wins/good playoff record/not quite Elway/etc

48 60.00%
  • Average/he'll end up being ok but now great

8 10.00%
  • Below Average

8 10.00%
  • Total bust

7 8.75%
Page 534 of 717 FirstFirst ... 34 434 484 524 532 533 534 535 536 544 584 634 ... LastLast
Results 7,996 to 8,010 of 10749

Thread: Tim Tebow

Quote Originally Posted by one5beast View Post
    Yup... Looks the same to me
    No way. Young had way harrier arms.
    I bleed orange and blue!!!

Rest in peace, Darrent.

I adopted Domenik Hixon!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lomax View Post
    What about Steve McNair? That's not a bad comparison. If he runs a lot, he will likely have as many surgeries.
    That's true.. because they were actually identical players in college as well.

People have always said McNair is one of the greatest college football players ever just like they do Tebow.

Why hasn't anyone realized this before?

Mcnair comperision is fair but in college he did it to small schools not sec. but I do see the imilarities in their game.

Oh Gawd people really need to stop it with these ridiculous comparisons.
    "(Touchdowns) are the goal," Orton said. "You can run for as many yards as you want, throw for as many yards as you want, but you have to convert to seven points. I think we're going to be explosive, be dynamic, be versatile."

"Perception is everything in this league, and a lot of times, unless you're a self-promoter, it can become negative," - Kyle Orton

Kyle Orton Army member #83

It truly boggles the mind how people make the most simplistic comparisons when they judge a players value..

It's as if "knee-jerk" reactions are what people seem to think you should use to formulate an opinion.

I actually wonder why they even bother to play the games after college.. because people already know what a player can and can't do. What's the point of even playing more? LOL

All we need are a couple years of college facing completely different levels of competition.. a couple snaps at the senior bowl and a 40 yard dash.. and the judgement of Joe-six pack.

The rest is overkill. We should just handout awards then and call the whole thing off.
    Last edited by Charlie8311; 06-22-2010 at 06:40 PM.

Its the offseason chill, its all speculation relax...

I am chill, but you must admit that is actually how it works. That really isn't an exaggeration. This is how people really think.

The reason it is so easy to be so cynical is because so few players can be successful in the NFL.. it's really just logistics. There is so much luck involved.

Good point lots of luck involved.... he still reminds me of Mcnabb

Quote Originally Posted by fh247 View Post
    I have been thinking alot if Tim reminds me of any other nfl qbs, and although I think he is a bit unique with his skill set it reminds me of Donovan Mcnabb except with all the intangibles that McNabb did not have. I think Tim will end up being a qbrhat can win multiple championships. 2011 will be Tebow Time...
    Stop it-- just stop it already

McNair or McNabb? Or both at the same time?

Maybe he's the Tom Brady of McNairs and McNabbs.. He's McLOVIN...

Tebow better learn how to throw a ball mechanic wise real fast or he'll be out of the league in 3 years.

Awful pick- wasted, blown pick. P*sses me off every time I think we traded for 2 QB's then draft a bad QB in rd 1 and we still cant figure out what were doing

Tebow Time in mile high:salute!::salute!:

Quote Originally Posted by Bobs My Uncle View Post
    Tebow better learn how to throw a ball mechanic wise real fast or he'll be out of the league in 3 years.

Awful pick- wasted, blown pick. P*sses me off every time I think we traded for 2 QB's then draft a bad QB in rd 1 and we still cant figure out what were doing
    Nah you been listening to that echo chamber. Tebow was an all time great in college, and has the size, strength, athleticism and drive to be a good bet in the NFL. He was a bargain at #25.

Trading for 2 quarterbacks? One was picked up on the cheap, and the other was the Cutler trade, which he demanded.

You think it's easy to find franchise QB's? You've got to find good prospects and develop them.

Tebow has as good of shot as any qb took in the draft. I know you dont want toderail the orton era of the bubble screen

The QB that Tebow most reminds me of...... Easy Vince Young. Big QB, Decent arm, very accurate college QB, great runner with out blazing speed, ugly long delivery, and a winner at every level....... To me that fits Vince Young to a tee.
    Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pride