View Poll Results: Would Orton take a back up postition here in Denver?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes -Orton would take that deal

39 52.00%
  • Nope -Orton has too much desire to be a back up

36 48.00%
Page 729 of 841 FirstFirst ... 229 629 679 719 727 728 729 730 731 739 779 829 ... LastLast
Results 10,921 to 10,935 of 12609

Thread: Kyle Orton

Quote Originally Posted by lolcopter View Post
    yes, i made that prediction before walking into the stadium. bradford is a real QB, so it's not that crazy of a prediction
    Hey for my own sanity and since you are good at predictions. Mine have been horribly wrong. Will you please start predicting the Broncos to do that rather than our opponents. I think all of us will thank you.

i really think its more orton calling off the run than it is josh abondoning it. watch the film for the rams game orton changes the play nine times on first down. sounds like kyle imo

Feed Moreno. Heís starting to look like a real weapon out there. The line is finally giving him some running lanes Ė not as consistently as Iíd like, but a definite improvement. Slow the game down a bit.

I would really like to see a bit of commitment to the running game. Itís like after 1 or 2 runs that only gain a yard or two, they just give up. Iíll take 3rd and 6 over 3rd and 10 any day. Starting drive after drive with an incomplete pass or two is the best way to put a suspect defense in a bad position.

The other thing is short drives donít give the defense to look at pictures and figure out what the offense is doing, and limits their ability to make adjustments. Thatís not excusing poor play from the defense, but itís just another way short drives puts the defense in poor positions, beyond time, field position, etc.

3rd down will continue to be a problem until the OL get their act together.

I'm afraid the D needs more than just a DL. Good gosh, they stink.

pretty much
    This is where I am torn. Orton is having a great year in terms of yards, getting better in the red zone, and becoming a solid QB not just a game manager. Where I am torn though, is that he has certainly come up short many times this year. I was an Orton backer until coming up short vs St. Louis again. That's what, the 4th time this year?

So I am stuck, I am really starting to believe he doesn't have that clutch gene.

All that said, we wouldn't be having these Orton convos (IMO) if the defense wasn't the worst in the league. We'd have a few more wins, and be in the thick of the AFCW division title race.

We need to draft all defense next year (line first, then safety), with some FA's, grab a receiving tight end and a solid back-up RT.

Quote Originally Posted by DBroncs04 View Post
    All that said, we wouldn't be having these Orton convos (IMO) if the defense wasn't the worst in the league. We'd have a few more wins, and be in the thick of the AFCW division title race.
    the defense didn't fumble against the jets when we were driving for the win. the defense didn't throw an interception against the jags or 49ers when we're driving for the win. the defense didn't throw three incompletions and take a sack on the final four plays against the rams.

the defense has it's own issues, but so does kyle.

It's called staying "on schedule." You need to constantly be in a position (if you can) where you might run the ball.

1st and 10 is an obvious "might run the ball" situation.

If you get 3 yards, to go to 2d and 7, you still "might run the ball." Because you still have two downs to get 7 yards.

If you get 4 yards, to go to 3d and 3, you still "might run the ball." Because 3 yards is makable, and you could go for it on 4th and short.

If you whiff on any down, it changes the math. It's bad for the play-calling.

But a passing offense is judged by how well it can generate 10 or so yards when they are needed. Anybody can pass when the defense is in run-stop mode. The real difference-maker is how well you throw the ball when they know you are trying to throw it.

Some of the best passing offenses just come at you, pass first, and say "We'll run every now and then to keep you honest, but we're mostly passing it."

Quote Originally Posted by TdnDenver View Post
    Kyle went 0-5 on 3rd and 4 or less on Monday night

3rd and 3- INT
    3rd and 3- sacked
    3rd and 4 - Incomplete
    3rd and 3 - Incomplete
    3rd and 3- sacked...... He DID throw a TD on 4th down here ( 6 yards)

One Interception, two sacks and two incompleted passes.....

YES... Kyle - "We need to get in better postion on third downs"
    rushing for 1 yard, the defense knows 3rd & 3 is a passing situation....

It's kind of a parody, because while yes 3 times they converted 3rd downs, it's because they are taking CHUNKS of yards. 16 first downs agains SD & 24 First down against StL means your moving the ball quite well.....

If McD has two plays called, and you're in 3rd & 3 and the line is stacked to stop the run& blitz, then you check to a hot route, if that balls dropped, it's a failed conversion, but not a bad call......

Bad excecution......There's been as many dropped balls, as bad passes lately.

the defense didn't fumble against the jets when we were driving for the win. the defense didn't throw an interception against the jags or 49ers when we're driving for the win. the defense didn't throw three incompletions and take a sack on the final four plays against the rams.

the defense has it's own issues, but so does kyle.
    or the D that let Baltimore score 31, Oakland 59, SD 35, Rams 36, and give up a PI call that would have won the Jets game..

I agree, Orton is part of the problem in clutch situations, but so is our D.

Again, if Orton comes through on at least three or four times out of the five opportunities he has gotten to tie or take the lead for us in the 4th quarter, we could be sitting at 5-6 or even 6-5 right now and still be in the Playoff hunt.

Instead, he is 1 of 5 on opportunities to tie or take the lead in the 4th; 64.6 QB rating when we are within 7 points in the 4th quarter. 1 TD, 4 turnovers (2 Ints, 2 turnover on downs).

And I don't think anyone here can argue that our defense is even close to mediocre. The defense is bad. But the offense isn't doing the defense any favors whatsoever with the amount of third down failures we have had.

In the last four losses, the offense has been 6 of 42 - (14.2%) on third down conversions.

When you are excruciating on third downs, the defense with an average age of 30+ gets no rest and an already bad defense has to go out and cover a short field (the worst you are on third down conversions, the better field position the opposition will get).

Maybe if we converted a little more on third downs; maybe around 40% on third down conversions in the last four losses, our defense could have played a little better, no?
    Last edited by Da Broncos Time; 12-02-2010 at 12:25 PM.
    [B][COLOR="DarkOrange"]Quarterback change is NEEDED!!!![/COLOR][/B]

Quote Originally Posted by IrateBearsFan View Post
    and yet, he's in the top 10 of most every category on nfl.com. so I have to question your ability to judge QB ability.
    His numbers are a little inflated based on the fact that we throw the ball almost every down

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzman1987 View Post
    His numbers are a little inflated based on the fact that we throw the ball almost every down
    actually hes 4th in attempts and is leading the league in yards your claim doesnt add up .
    "(Touchdowns) are the goal," Orton said. "You can run for as many yards as you want, throw for as many yards as you want, but you have to convert to seven points. I think we're going to be explosive, be dynamic, be versatile."

"Perception is everything in this league, and a lot of times, unless you're a self-promoter, it can become negative," - Kyle Orton

Kyle Orton Army member #83

Let me ask this. Given Orton's phenomenal stats, why aren't we scoring more points. I'd pike to point out that if our defense was better and only gave ip 20 points per game our record would still be a disma 4-6-1. How do you explain this one Orton loyalists? Is that simply the running game and the OL's fault? Do you put any blame for that type of poor offense on Orton's shoulders or do you consider Orton to be having a near perfect season and very little if any of our record can be laid at his feet?

I just want to know honestly how you feel.

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Let me ask this. Given Orton's phenomenal stats, why aren't we scoring more points. I'd pike to point out that if our defense was better and only gave ip 20 points per game our record would still be a disma 4-6-1. How do you explain this one Orton loyalists? Is that simply the running game and the OL's fault? Do you put any blame for that type of poor offense on Orton's shoulders or do you consider Orton to be having a near perfect season and very little if any of our record can be laid at his feet?

I just want to know honestly how you feel.
    Hit the nail on the head.

Cutler in '08 with the third worst scoring defense and 7 RBs on injured reserve had 4 game winning drives and lead our team to an 8-8 record. 48% on third down conversions.

Kurt Warner in '08 with the fifth worst scoring defense other than the Broncos lead the Cardinals to a 9-7 record with a trip to a Super Bowl.

Those are two instances that happened in the same year that knock down the theory that your team will automatically be bad if your defense is bad.

Orton 1 in 5 in his opportunities in the 4th quarter to tie or take the lead. 34% percent on third down conversions; 14% in the last four losses.

Sounds like we have a "winning" QB to me. Because all Kyle Orton do is win right? 5-16 over the last 21 games.
    Last edited by Da Broncos Time; 12-02-2010 at 01:00 PM.
    [B][COLOR="DarkOrange"]Quarterback change is NEEDED!!!![/COLOR][/B]

Quote Originally Posted by KO8pectate View Post
    actually hes 4th in attempts and is leading the league in yards your claim doesnt add up .
    He's top 10 in passing and top ten in atts/game. How does that not add up?