View Poll Results: Would Orton take a back up postition here in Denver?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes -Orton would take that deal

39 52.00%
  • Nope -Orton has too much desire to be a back up

36 48.00%
Page 735 of 841 FirstFirst ... 235 635 685 725 733 734 735 736 737 745 785 835 ... LastLast
Results 11,011 to 11,025 of 12609

Thread: Kyle Orton

Quote Originally Posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    There were plenty of comebacks where Elway ended the game with more than one turnover and no TD's. Not that Orton is Elway, or should be even compared to him.
    Untill Farve broke that record... Elway owned the "Most 4th quarter comeback wins"...

Nuff said
    Paroled after 8 long years living in Denver

Quote Originally Posted by TdnDenver View Post
    Untill Farve broke that record... Elway owned the "Most 4th quarter comeback wins"...

Nuff said
    There's actually some debate over who holds the record. It's between Marino and Elway, Favre is a distant 3rd.

Kyle Orton is none of these QB's.

Hooray, beer!

There were plenty of comebacks where Elway ended the game with more than one turnover and no TD's. Not that Orton is Elway, or should be even compared to him.
    i'm sure there were, however when it mattered he played his absolute best. Orton crumbles when the game is on the line

CW they are all over the place and they know it . Orton is no Elway if the only qbs we will even support are first ballot HOF qbs well then we are in serious trouble as a franchise

last year Orton had a 106.8 rating in those situations whats the difference between last year and this year .

Well this year Orton doesnt have to have 35+ attempts prior to the 4th quarter simply for us to even stay close in the game and be within those 7pts.

Yet I guess we are expected to also believe that Orton played better last year than this year as well ?

They are all over the place with this stuff grasping at straws Orton is by no means perfect he can certainly improve in a bunch of areas Ive never seen a 28 year old QB who couldnt .

But whats even more disturbing is how they are leaning on quarterback for such a extremely small sample .

All it takes for the QBR to rise dramatically is one drive in the 4th quarter with within that results in a td pass and that rating can rise into high 80's low 90's easily yet they talk about the difference as if its some gigantic difference when its clearly not .

Make no mistake Orton still needs to improve but Orton improving anymore pushes him into all pro status but our defense has to improve dramatically just to get back to average yet all the talk is about how Orton failed . Its just doesnt make any sense .
    "(Touchdowns) are the goal," Orton said. "You can run for as many yards as you want, throw for as many yards as you want, but you have to convert to seven points. I think we're going to be explosive, be dynamic, be versatile."

"Perception is everything in this league, and a lot of times, unless you're a self-promoter, it can become negative," - Kyle Orton

Kyle Orton Army member #83

Quote Originally Posted by KO8pectate View Post
    All it takes for the QBR to rise dramatically is one drive in the 4th quarter with within that results in a td pass and that rating can rise into high 80's low 90's easily yet they talk about the difference as if its some gigantic difference when its clearly not .
    Couldn't have said it better myself....
    Paroled after 8 long years living in Denver

Quote Originally Posted by KO8pectate View Post
    CW they are all over the place and they know it . Orton is no Elway if the only qbs we will even support are first ballot HOF qbs well then we are in serious trouble as a franchise

last year Orton had a 106.8 rating in those situations whats the difference between last year and this year .

Well this year Orton doesnt have to have 35+ attempts prior to the 4th quarter simply for us to even stay close in the game and be within those 7pts.

Yet I guess we are expected to also believe that Orton played better last year than this year as well ?

They are all over the place with this stuff grasping at straws Orton is by no means perfect he can certainly improve in a bunch of areas Ive never seen a 28 year old QB who couldnt .

But whats even more disturbing is how they are leaning on quarterback for such a extremely small sample .

Make no mistake Orton still needs to improve but Orton improving anymore pushes him into all pro status but our defense has to improve dramatically just to get back to average yet all the talk is about how Orton failed . Its just doesnt make any sense .
    Why do you work so hard to defend Orton?

PM me your response if you want.
    Champ Bailey is the only player in NFL history to earn 200+ (203) Passes Defended
    Terrell Davis is 3rd all time in rushing yards per game (97.5)

Orton's a lot like a golf clubs, and fans are a lot like golfers

Anyone who hasn't played golf, or people that don't know any golfers probably won't get this analogy. But those that do... well let me know

Golf's a ridiculously hard sport. And having a good golf swing is ridiculously difficult to achieve. Some people do it. Others try and try and fail. A lot of the people that fail always think that a new club is the answer. That better technology will somehow fix the swing. It's true, that a better club can add 15 yards to a drive, a little less side spin on a ball, slightly better accuracy. But the truth is, that there's nothing wrong with the club they're using, they're just not getting the results they want because the swing is broken.

That's Orton. There's nothing wrong with him. In fact, he's performing great in my opinion.

But I think the fans who think he's the problem, need to realize that the whole damn swing is broken. And we've gotta fix a whole of other things to make it right. And if we fix that, then I think we'll see that he's capable of even more than he's already doing.

So - hope y'all enjoyed my analogy.

(and yes - Tebow's that shiny new club that so many people think will magically fix the swing)

I have no doubt if we get an elite defense and elite running game Orton can probably win more games.

The thing is when someone is given the ball at the end of the game with a chance to win then nothing that happened before matters.

It does not matter if the defense gave up 25 yards or 2000 that game. It does not matter if the score is 0-3 or 70-73

The offense has a chance to win/tie the game.

5 times Orton have been given this chance this year and 4 times he has failed. He is one PI call away from failing all five times.

What makes people think the answer will be different is the score was 0-3 as opposed to 33-36? "Hope Smoke"

edit - is it all on Orton? No. It is the QB+offense+playcalling. But it is on Orton more then any other one part of the offense.
    Champ Bailey is the only player in NFL history to earn 200+ (203) Passes Defended
    Terrell Davis is 3rd all time in rushing yards per game (97.5)

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    I have no doubt if we get an elite defense and elite running game Orton can probably win more games.

The thing is when someone is given the ball at the end of the game with a chance to win then nothing that happened before matters.

It does not matter if the defense gave up 25 yards or 2000 that game. It does not matter if the score is 0-3 or 70-73

The offense has a chance to win/tie the game.

5 times Orton have been given this chance this year and 4 times he has failed. He is one PI call away from failing all five times.

What makes people think the answer will be different is the score was 0-3 as opposed to 33-36? "Hope Smoke"

edit - is it all on Orton? No. It is the QB+offense+playcalling. But it is on Orton more then any other one part of the offense.
    i dont even think we need close to elite, but at least one that avg 7-10 ppg less and gets a few more turnovers giving orton and the offense more opportunities, something we havent done this year

also a STs thats not dead last or near it would be nice too

in NO way do these parts of the team need to be elite in order for orton to be VERY successful here
    -------

Golf is golf,football is football. The situations and skill level along with gameplay is night and day. If anything,orton is the wrong club size for a birdie.

The entire Bronco organization is in a deep sand trap and they are hitting out for triple boggie
    Don't Panic!

broken and in a lake? :orton:

The only thing I know about golf, or one of the few things anyway, is Tiger Woods and his ordeal over the last year or so. Is there anyway this can be put into that for an analogy?

I kid, I kid...I know what you are saying and I think we should work on the swing and improve it so that no matter if we are using our trusty club or the shiny new one we continue to put the ball in the hole.

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    Not an "elite" Defense, just a serviceable one. Then the Broncos would probably be walking away with the AFC West.

Currently, the Broncos D is 32nd in the League, ranked by POINTS. That makes a HUGE impact on a team's win/loss record. If you have doubts, look at what it did to Elway when he had a bad Defense (20th in points or worse).

• 1994 - 7 wins/9 losses - Defense ranked 25th in points
    • 1990 - 5 wins/11 losses - Defense ranked 23rd in points

John Elway's 2 losing seasons came when his Defense was ranked worse than 20th. Even he couldn't lift a team with a Defense in the bottom third of the League.

Now many good arguments could be made that Elway was the greatest QB ever. He could be seen as better than Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Brett Favre, Drew Brees, and Philip Rivers. AND EVEN HE COULDN'T PULL A REALLY BAD DEFENSE OVER THE HUMP TO A WINNING RECORD.

Now I think that Orton is a very good QB, on the edge of becoming a great QB. But even I don't think he's Elway or ever will be. So why is Orton expected to do what Elway himself couldn't pull off?
    "That's a crap question."
    - Kyle Orton

Quote Originally Posted by neckbeard View Post
    Not an "elite" Defense, just a serviceable one. Then the Broncos would probably be walking away with the AFC West.

Currently, the Broncos D is 32nd in the League, ranked by POINTS. That makes a HUGE impact on a team's win/loss record. If you have doubts, look at what it did to Elway when he had a bad Defense (20th in points or worse).

• 1994 - 7 wins/9 losses - Defense ranked 25th in points
    • 1990 - 5 wins/11 losses - Defense ranked 23rd in points

John Elway's 2 losing seasons came when his Defense was ranked worse than 20th. Even he couldn't lift a team with a Defense in the bottom third of the League.

Now many good arguments could be made that Elway was the greatest QB ever. He could be seen as better than Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Brett Favre, Drew Brees, and Philip Rivers. AND EVEN HE COULDN'T PULL A REALLY BAD DEFENSE OVER THE HUMP TO A WINNING RECORD.

Now I think that Orton is a very good QB, on the edge of becoming a great QB. But even I don't think he's Elway or ever will be. So why is Orton expected to do what Elway himself couldn't pull off?
    Minnesota and Tennessee have serviceable defenses, and good talent on offense, are they one Kyle Orton away from a super bowl?

I doubt it, but we'll see when he gets traded to one of those (or Arizona, but even I wouldn't wish that on him) this up coming offseason.

EDIT: To the OP, Orton is like a good set of drivers and irons, but one LOUSY putter.
    Last edited by DoomTrooper; 12-03-2010 at 12:52 PM.
    Lifetime Broncos/Cowboys fan.