View Poll Results: Would Orton take a back up postition here in Denver?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes -Orton would take that deal

39 52.00%
  • Nope -Orton has too much desire to be a back up

36 48.00%
Page 784 of 841 FirstFirst ... 284 684 734 774 782 783 784 785 786 794 834 ... LastLast
Results 11,746 to 11,760 of 12609

Thread: Kyle Orton

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kirk View Post
    I don't understand your stats, you are picking pepper our of $ly shi&. Overall you can look at 15 years of greatness:

Career AV: 138 (15th overall since 1950)
    9-time Pro Bowler
    Inducted into Hall of Fame in 2004

Overall Passer Rating 105
    I only did because an a.w. said he had a hard time finding a game where Elway had a bad game, so I showed him. Only needed to pull a few, no need to get on the best QB ever IMO. I just hate people who say dumb things like " busy trying to find a Elway game were he went 8/29 for 117 yrds". It was his quote thinking even the best are perfect and there not.

Quote Originally Posted by MoXplant View Post
    Quick you are young jedi - but I edited the post before you got this up because I saw he didnt capitalize any names - so at least he was consistent in his 3d gare mistakes - guess we call it 'writing style' these days - used to call it 'bad writing'.
    Haha, I agree with you there.
    Lifetime Broncos/Cowboys fan.

We wouldn't be 3 9.If we had a decent QB that could come back 1 time we WOULD HAVE A BETTER RECORD.

I'll be glad to explain that I AM NOT 100% pro-Orton - can you explain what led you to that conclusion?

What I am is 100% what is best for the Broncos. I am also 100% sure that Timmy was a great college QB with a pretty strong chance at being a very good, if not great pro QB.

I AM ALSO 100% sure that if Timmy was tearing it up in practice and looking like a starter in the NFL that McD would put him on the field - the guy is desperate for wins right now and I'm sure he can't wait to prove that his trading up to get Tebow was a smart move.

Therefore I think it is a very low-risk conclusion that you haven't seen Timmy yet because his play is at a level McD seems to think will cost us much more than we potentially stand to gain.

Tracking?

Edited to add: You know Bowlen is at all the practices, or the majority of them anyway. For the sake of the conspiracy theorists... IF, IF, IF Timmy was tearing it up and shining like a star, and McD just didn;t want to play him - I'm pretty sure Bowlen would have a little sum-sum to say - along the lines of " Josh, your not winning games, and yet you insist on playing Orton over Tebow who is clearly the better performer. I'd suggest you put Tebow on the field".

Apparently what Bowlen is seeing supports Timmy's not starting just yet....
    Exactly. But there are a lot folks around these parts with mighty thick skulls and yet McDaniels is the hard headed one. The funny thing is that now that we are eliminated from the playoffs, most of them don't want the Broncos to win. Instead they want McDaniels to get fired and the Broncos to move up the draft board as far as they can by losing every remaining game.

Anyway, I don't really care one way or other who the QB is, nor who the coach is, I just the Broncos to win..period.

Quote Originally Posted by owninit View Post
    broncos would be undefeated without orton.......

I mean thost RB's totally dominated the titans game, and that defense showed St Lous what's up....

Pre Season - Orton's got no chance, i mean denver traded away their only reicever......

Now - Don't let the stats fool you, Denvers recievers, are doing it all, and Orton's dragging the team down......Hell any QB could get 3400 yds, 20 TD's & a 90+ qb rating, oh wait, mcD's an idiot too, it can't be his system getting any credit........

I'm not saying he's the best thing since canned beer, but in the midst of a 3-9 year the QB, is the only thing you can find to cry about?
    The day after we only give up 10 points on defense, Moreno rushes for 161 yards, and Kyle Orton completely fell on his face? YES.

Most of us can see through his garbage time stats. He's not cutting it as our QB, you just mentioned it yourself that we are 3-9 and several of those games he came up too short, too often.

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Quote Originally Posted by 91bronco View Post
    You lose credibility with me because when you repeatedly refer to Tebow as "Timmy"- it makes it seem like you are too biased to reasonably entertain a different notion.

Just my .02
    Noted - you are so fixated on 'Timmy' that you take offense at not seeing him referred to as Timothy Richard "Tim" Tebow. Please bear in mind I have NO, NONE, ZILTCH, NADA issues with Timothy Richard 'Tim' Tebow - I think he'll be a great one day.

But I am sick and tired of his over the top fans screaming for him when they cannot refute the point that I made. It is also duly noted that you cannot provide any argument against what I have put forth.

You deflect the argument to me rather than the case I have presented. I will admit, that I am deeply saddened that I have lost credibility with you because I call Timothy Richard 'Tim' Tebow - Timmy.

It is a name of endearment - I liken you folks that are screaming for him to some of the parents of players that I coach and have coached over the years - the ones that flat insist their kid is deserving of a starting spot - regardless of his level of play in the eyes of the one that it matters most - the coaches (mine).
    Last edited by MoXplant; 12-06-2010 at 01:58 PM.

Maybe Champ's laugh was more like "ah yea - another fan with all the answers"...

Just sayin
    And I love how every thread you take the 'I'm the smartest guy in the room' attitude and try to take the stance that all Mcds' critics don't know anything about football.

Just who in the heck do you think you are? What makes you so smart and the rest of us just a bunch of idiots who think we have 'all the answers'

Maybe you're the one who is wrong and clueless?

Whoever is in charge at Dove Valley CLEARLY doesn't have all the answers either because this football team is 3-9. We have every right to question just what in the hell they are doing over there because we don't see any direction, and can see that this team has been regressing over the last 2 years.
    Last edited by BluenOrnge4Life; 12-06-2010 at 02:02 PM.

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Orton looked bad yesterday. I hope his game comes back this next week.

A Classic....

Could be my fiend...could be.

I have no issues with people that think things through and are level-headed about stuff - Not a lot of that around here these days - some folks are so absolutley single-minded in their give me Timmy now, fired McD, Orton sux mentality and what you perceive as me coming in from 'on-high' is more me saying 'defend that position' and 'explain how you came to that conclusion' - and even some 'did you ever think about'...

I am very familar with people that puff up when you do that - rather than providing their logic, or defense of their opinion they get defensive and want to attack you rather than the argument (see your post).

Two sides to every coin - you will probably note in most of the posts that have your panties up your crack I'm not always taking a position - as opposed to often offering a contrary opion or view. Just because you don;t like the other side of the coin I'm not going to stop showing it.

If you choose to perceive me as the bad guy because I don't jump on the bandwagon and grab a pitch fork so be it - I've never been one to follow the herd because its a popular thing to do.

In other words I don't rightly care about your personal issue with me

Please feel free to debate my logic - hope you can do so without getting all toruqued in the future.
    Last edited by MoXplant; 12-06-2010 at 02:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by since1977 View Post
    McD won't start Tebow bc it admits failure w/Orton...the reason for the first big fiasco w/Cutler. Second, if Tebow fails then it's failure w/a first round pick. So, only if Tebow succeeds does McD do any good then it's only half a victory b/c he traded a probowl playoff bound QB for Orton.

In McD's head it ISN"T about winning but him and looking good. He's in a no win situation unless Orton comes out ahead.
    Wouldn't he be admiting failure with Orton by drafting Tebow??

In response to the OP, i saw Orton in person a few weeks ago and he looked like Peyton Manning mixed with Jesus. I'm losing more faith in Orton, but you can't take the worst game of his career and constitute that to being what Kyle Orton is every Sunday.

I don't understand why everyone wants Tebow to go in so soon. He is a project who one day may be very good. McDaniels is being smart and not rushing him. When he is ready he will be ready. McDaniels just doesn't want to throw him to the dogs, it could be damaging to his progress and confidence.

I also don't understand all of this misguided hate towards McDaniels like he is affraid to admit failure. Considering that he needs to win some games before the season is over to keep his job; I woud say that he is probably fielding the best team possible and the team that gives him the best chance to win.

I have no issues with people that think things through and are level-headed about stuff. Not a lot of that around here - som nay foljks are so absolutley single-minded in their give me Timmy now, fired McD, Orton sux mentality.

Two sides to every coin - you will probably note in most of the posts that have your panties up your crack I'm not always taking a position - as opposed to often offering a contrary opion or view.

If you choose to perceive me as the bad guy because I don't jump on the bandwagon and grab a pitch fork so be it - I've never been one to follow the herd because its a popular thing to do.

Please feel free to debate my logic - hope you can do so without getting all toruqued in the future.
    Much this like team, I see certain patterns in your posts and it gets annoying for us who aren't on the MCD bandwagon to be labeled as idiots with all the answers, having ridiculous instant gratification needs, etc.

It's one thing to be on the Mcd Bandwagon, it's another thing to act like anyone who isn't, doesn't know what they are talking about.

I'm not sure how any of us are being ridiculous by pointing out the obvious. This team is a laughing stock, even Jay Leno ripped us on TV:

http://www.9news.com/rss/article.aspx?storyid=160037

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Orton didn't just look bad yesterday. He has looked bad for a few weeks and when the game is on the line. See the stats posted by Da Broncos Time for how bad he has played all season when the game is close.

1. 58.4 QB rating in the 4th quarter when the game is within seven points. 1 TD, 2 Ints, 2 Fumbles, 2 Turnover on Downs.

2. 61.2 QB rating when the game is within 1-8 points at anytime during the game.

3. Fails to put the nail in the coffin on opponents like games Vs. the Jets, Titans, and 49ers. Cost us loosing two out of the three.

4. Has lead the offense to a whopping 5/33 (15%) on third down conversions in the last three games. An offensive ppg avg. of less than 20 points in losses.

5. Horrid when there is a defender in his vicinity.
    It is these very stats that has a lot of us not liking :orton:. It is time to see what Tebow can do and at least give him a chance to lead this team to a win or two. He will definitely provide some competitive fire to the team, which as Chaz has stated over and over again, Orton does not, and will not ever do.

Orton just does not play well under any kind of pressure whatsoever. Tebow will probably make some rookie mistakes along the way, but he will make a lot of plays that Orton just can not make.
    Remember the Drive January 11, 1987
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bone thrown at me during the Drive
    at Bar in Columbus Ohio

I have no issues with people that think things through and are level-headed about stuff - Not a lot of that around here these days - some folks are so absolutley single-minded in their give me Timmy now, fired McD, Orton sux mentality and what you perceive as me coming in from 'on-high' is more me saying 'defend that position' and 'explain how you came to that conclusion' - and even some 'did you ever think about'...

I am very familar with people that puff up when you do that - rather than providing their logic, or defense of their opinion they get defensive and want to attack you rather than the argument (see your post).

Two sides to every coin - you will probably note in most of the posts that have your panties up your crack I'm not always taking a position - as opposed to often offering a contrary opion or view. Just because you don;t like the other side of the coin I'm not going to stop showing it.

I don't see us as following the herd, Bowlen emphatically stated he was looking for a coach that would give us the best chance to win now, 8-8 to 8-8, now the best we can hope for this season is 7-9, that is not improvement or winning now McDaniels has failed to live up to the win now philosophy we now have the worst Bronco team in decades, and some of us want change before McD inevitably takes us to 0-16, i don't want the first pick in the draft i want a winning team.

Quote Originally Posted by BluenOrnge4Life View Post
    And I love how every thread you take the 'I'm the smartest guy in the room' attitude and try to take the stance that all Mcds' critics don't know anything about football.

Just who in the heck do you think you are? What makes you so smart and the rest of us just a bunch of idiots who think we have 'all the answers'

Maybe you're the one who is wrong and clueless?

Whoever is in charge at Dove Valley CLEARLY doesn't have all the answers either because this football team is 3-9. We have every right to question just what in the hell they are doing over there because we don't see any direction, and can see that this team has been regressing over the last 2 years.
    This, to the fifth power.

It's not that you "offer a contrary point of view", it's that you constantly do it in a consistently condescending, mocking, and arbitrary tone that lacks any kind of class or integrity towards other posters. There is no mistaking that, when somebody disagrees with one of your posts, your goal becomes to get under theirs skin and piss them off because YOU know what's best. It's blatantly obvious to anybody reading them, and it gets old REAL fast.

Hell, If I didn't know any better I would think that you were Josh McDaniels himself. You perfectly embody how I imagine his attitude and actions have been towards players, staff, and organization. All he has done in his time here is alienate good people and step on everybody's toes with his high horse, egotistical nature, and you reflect that often when you post here. It's not that your arguments and perspectives don't carry weight or are wrong: it's the way in which you deliver them that is the issue, NOT the debates themselves.

If you want respect, dish it out to other posters. Give us some credit.
    Last edited by Elway'sLegacy; 12-06-2010 at 02:33 PM.

Hey Datrh, the 'following the herd' comment was in direct reference to me, as BluenOrang up there ^^ has the impression that I think I'm the smartest guy in the room. For the record I almost certainly am not - there are some very football savy folks here. Unfortunatley it seems to me that a lot of them have reached their conclusions and will by-george stick to them regardless.

I have a right to challenge their logic, just like they have a right to challenge mine - difference is I won't go postal

I was stating that he apparently has issues with me because I won't follow the herd and blindy criticize without first giving thought to other possibilities.

What he perceives as me thinking 'I'm so smart' is more my submitting, offering or otherweise suggesting alternative views, opinions or possibilites.

He went into attack mode and wanted to give me a time out I think (shut me up by trying to offend me and suggest I am ascerting something that I most certainly am not) but it's cool - my feelings are't hurt, and I reserve the right to express my opinion just like he does - wether he likes it or not
    Last edited by MoXplant; 12-06-2010 at 02:42 PM.