View Poll Results: Would Orton take a back up postition here in Denver?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes -Orton would take that deal

39 52.00%
  • Nope -Orton has too much desire to be a back up

36 48.00%
Page 284 of 841 FirstFirst ... 184 234 274 282 283 284 285 286 294 334 384 784 ... LastLast
Results 4,246 to 4,260 of 12609

Thread: Kyle Orton

This whole discussion is turning totally adolescent. First, we have Neckbeard
    pointing out that Orton and Manning seem to play the same type of game, and
    we have people coming out of the woodwork with their panties in a wad over
    how Orton was being compared to a god.

Then I point something out to try to put it into perspective, and now we seem
    to be slipping into a "stronger arm" controversy.

Wow . . .

-----

You are the one who brought it up. Maybe you should have let it lay dormant. How was the wind the days Orton and Manning were throwing? Did one of them have the wind with them, against them? Who knows!? All I am saying is that it is preposterous to use a skills competition as "scientific way" of proving who has a stronger arm. If that is the case, apparently my friend has a stronger arm than Manning and Kitna and a lot of other quarterbacks. I highly doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dream View Post
    You are the one who brought it up. Maybe you should have let it lay dormant. How was the wind the days Orton and Manning were throwing? Did one of them have the wind with them, against them? Who knows!? All I am saying is that it is preposterous to use a skills competition as "scientific way" of proving who has a stronger arm. If that is the case, apparently my friend has a stronger arm than Manning and Kitna and a lot of other quarterbacks. I highly doubt it.
    My point was not who has the "stronger arm." My point goes beyond that., That
    was just to demonstrate how ridiculous it is to jump on someone for mentioning
    Orton in the same breath as the Great Manning.

But then, I said that there would be those here who would not get it. Thank you
    for proving my point . . .

-----

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    My point was not who has the "stronger arm."
    Sure it was.

Does that mean there isn't something, somewhere, Orton does
    better than Manning?

I have one: Orton can throw the ball further than Manning, and not just a little.
    He can throw significantly further.

Flame away, kiddies, but that is down in the record books. It is an undebatable
    fact.
    How was that not the point you were making? You are clearly articulating such, and you can drop the condescension at any time. We don't need another thread clean up in here. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    This whole discussion is turning totally adolescent. First, we have Neckbeard
    pointing out that Orton and Manning seem to play the same type of game, and
    we have people coming out of the woodwork with their panties in a wad over
    how Orton was being compared to a god.

Then I point something out to try to put it into perspective, and now we seem
    to be slipping into a "stronger arm" controversy.

Wow . . .

-----
    and it's so silly, since Orton was compared to god all last season and still came out ahead. or, wait, was it that Cutler said his *arm* was stronger than god's? I forget.
    Last edited by rogue719; 07-26-2010 at 11:10 AM. Reason: clarification
    You Tell 'em Justice is coming. You tell 'em I'M coming!

Quote Originally Posted by Dream View Post
    Sure it was.

How was that not the point you were making? You are clearly articulating such, and you can drop the condescension at any time. We don't need another thread clean up in here. Thanks.
    Playing mod again? Just be sure you stay out of the way, okay?

Now,

-----

Quote Originally Posted by rogue719 View Post
    and it's so silly, since Orton was compared to god all last season and still came out ahead. or, wait, was it that Cutler said his *arm* was stronger than god's? I forget.
    lol

-----

There are several people in this thread that are going out of their way to antagonize the opposition. That's called trolling. We're not going to close the thread. We're going to start issuing infractions.

It's been a pretty quiet off-season and I personally haven't issued more than 5 infractions all month.

I'm ready for training camp to start if you guys are.

Or we can post with civility rather than condescention and smarm.

You guys decide.

Quote Originally Posted by Den615 View Post
    Simms was on his third team and had shown no signs of being over his gruesome injury. Tebow is arguably one of the best college football players of all time. He is probably the most hyped player to come to Denver since Elway in 83' (thats crazy to think about, but I honestly can't think of anyone).

It's not a similar situation at all.
    Simms played well enough in the 2009 preseason that most fans screamed for him to start over Orton back then. His preseason stats were a 66.7% completion rate, 7.8 YPA, 2 TDs, 0 INTs and a passer rating of 117.7.

THAT is showing "no signs of being over his gruesome injury?"
    "That's a crap question."
    - Kyle Orton

Quote Originally Posted by neckbeard View Post
    Simms played well enough in the 2009 preseason that most fans screamed for him to start over Orton back then. His preseason stats were a 66.7% completion rate, 7.8 YPA, 2 TDs, 0 INTs and a passer rating of 117.7.

THAT is showing "no signs of being over his gruesome injury?"
    We also need to give credit where credit is due. While Sims may have held the ball too long when he came in, we were missing our regular right tackle (Sims is left handed, so that side is his blind side) and Tyler Polumbus was hopeless trying to pass protect. Sims never saw the guys coming.

If he had some pass protection he no doubt would have performed better. Sims was a victim not only of his own hesitation but the failure of the Broncos much vaunted offensive line to keep defensive pass rushers away from him.

Quote Originally Posted by rogue719 View Post
    We also need to give credit where credit is due. While Sims may have held the ball too long when he came in, we were missing our regular right tackle (Sims is left handed, so that side is his blind side) and Tyler Polumbus was hopeless trying to pass protect. Sims never saw the guys coming.

If he had some pass protection he no doubt would have performed better. Sims was a victim not only of his own hesitation but the failure of the Broncos much vaunted offensive line to keep defensive pass rushers away from him.
    Which basically boils down to ... he choked.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Which basically boils down to ... he choked.
    Well, yeah. the first two plays he's buried by defenders before he finds the guy to throw to and he's toast.

Kyle orton would be a good fit in San Fransisco

Unfortunately everyone wants to see tebow so i began to ponder where kyle orton could end up. And then i thought about Alex Smith and how terrible he is. Even though i want orton to be the qb for denver for many years, that is not going to happen. He can be really sucessful on he 49ers and i could really see him there.. What do you think?

Don't care. He's gone after the season.

Quote Originally Posted by drazzz52923849 View Post
    And then i thought about Alex Smith and how terrible he is.
    Hahahaha this made me laugh. CP'd