View Poll Results: Are we going to let the Jets beat us at home on Orange Crush weekend??

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • No way! This is a must win game and we will take them to the cleaners.

16 84.21%
  • The Jets have more in the tank than Denver and will take us in our own home

3 15.79%
Page 16 of 84 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 66 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by stargazer View Post
    You would have seen a glimpse of greatness if he was an elite back by now. He just doesn't have the skills and the talent to be a great back. And it's not unfair to say it at this point.

:paper:
    There have been, do you watch all the games, Or do you just wear bilnders because you don't like him?

He hasn't been great - mainly because none of our backs have due to the O-Line - but he has shown flashes.

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Quote Originally Posted by UrbanBounca View Post
    You could say I'm excited to see Joe Mays, because frankly, he played fantastic in the preseason.
    Are you being serious or a smart ass. He was good in the preseason.

Make sure to hit up the Broncos barn located near the south entrance of the stadium. Face painting, cheap beers, BBQ, autographs, and live entertainment. It's like $8.00 to get in but you can watch the early games on hi-def TVs(What time do we play next week?) if we play the late game.

Also, if you line up outside the players entrance tunnel, also on the south side of the stadium below the team store (My happy place) theres a good chance you will be able to get an autograph or two if you want.

Most importantly, when we are on defense......Yell your freakin' face off. We need this game!!!!

Have a great time and yell extra loud cause I can't be there.

I have faith in Moss, Bruton/Hill, and Perrish Cox.

This is bad but I am still optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngel View Post
    Make sure to stop at "Casa Bonita"! Great food, great Margaritas!!
    __________________________________________________ ______________
    LOL, sure hope this was meant as sarcasm!
    SmilingJack

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    Are you being serious or a smart ass. He was good in the preseason.
    I'm being serious. He can be a pass rush threat, seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I think people are gradually buying into the fact that our run game, which we badly need, has been hampered more by poor oline play than poor RB play. I get the feeling that if we had AP on our team during the first 5 games, he would be lucky to have a 4 ypc average.

But what's clearer even to me, is that Knowshon Moreno is our most valued back, by a significant margin, and his absence makes that even more clear. Getting him back against the Jets, hopefully with a better oline then when he last played, may be what the doctor ordered for the Broncos. If we could mount any form of run game, combined with our still lethal passing attack, I really don't see any reason to lack faith in our ability to put points on the board against the Jets.

If we look at some of the stats, Knowshon has almost as many rushing yards as Buck and Maroney combined (111 vs 118), and they've played 8 games to his 2! His measly 2.9 ypc is still 1 yard better than both of them.

In receiving, Buck who has played 3 more games, has only 12 more yards (83 vs 71), and most of us remember Knowshon's 45 yarder, which attests to his potential game breaker ability. For me, if Moreno is in the game, there is always a chance that he can take a screen or quick pass over the middle and do something wonderful with it.

So....it appears that KM will play on Sunday, against a solid NYJ D (3rd against the rush and 23rd against the pass). With the gradual gel of our oline (not nearly as quick as many of us had hoped!) and a pumped up young RB who is waiting to explode.....I have reason to believe we can be a plus in time of possession, and scoring points. If Revis is 100% ready, we may have some challenges, but I am not sure that he is there yet. Orton keeps throwing well against every team he's played, and our receivers are plentiful.

Some good signs....especially with our best RB on the field!

Yeah he is our best back... But so what... half the poster on here would be also. I find it hard to imagine any of our other ones starting for my local JC...... But him being the best on our team says what? Where does he rank in our division? The confrence, the league??? 5th, maybe top 20, maybe top 30..... He just isnt even close to the level of an avg starting NFL back
    Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pride

Quote Originally Posted by 91bronco View Post
    Simple question, what does everyone think?

While Thomas looked good as a returner last game I think we saw the downside of him being back there. I think he's too big of a target and the injury risk has me concerned. I would rather see Cox or Syd back there.
    No it wasnt stupid at all letting him return kicks.... So what that he got hurt. So should we not play our best players cause they might get hurt? He did a good enough job and it isnt like him getting hurt effected our O at all.... Face it he isnt good enough right now to be anything other than the 34 Wr
    Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pride

Broncos Game Against Jets Declared Orange Sunday

http://www.kktv.com/sports/headlines...104738359.html

Mayor John Hickenlooper has officially proclaimed the Denver Broncos vs. New York Jets game this Sunday as “Orange Sunday.” Mayor Hickenlooper and the Denver Broncos organization are encouraging all fans to wear orange to the game. Broncos players will be wearing their alternate orange jerseys, and all fans attending the game will receive an Orange Sunday rally towel courtesy of U.S. Bank.
    “We’re looking forward to having a great homefield advantage on Orange Sunday,” Broncos Head Coach Josh McDaniels said. “Our players enjoy wearing their orange jerseys, and it will be exciting for our football team to look up in the stands and see lots of orange.”
    As part of Orange Sunday festivities, the Broncos will host a pep rally on Friday from 3–6 p.m. in Larimer Square. The pep rally will include food and drink specials as well as ticket and merchandise giveaways. Broncos Cheerleaders and alumni, including Ed McCaffrey, Billy Thompson and Randy Gradishar, will be present along with mascots Miles and Thunder to sign autographs and take photos. The Super Bowl trophies, a live band and a live broadcast from 850 KOA’s afternoon show, “The Ride Home,” also will be part of Friday’s activities.
    Mayor Hickenlooper is asking downtown businesses to encourage their employees to join in the Orange Sunday pep rally in Larimer Square.
    The Broncos also will be hosting an “Orange Ride” in conjunction with the City of Denver, Denver B-cycle, the Denver Cruisers and BikeDenver. Fans can choose one of four peloton starting locations to ride their bike to the game. All bike riders will receive free admission to the Broncos Barn pregame tailgate party on gameday (opens at 11:05 a.m.), and those riders without game tickets will be encouraged to stay and watch the game from the Barn. Riders will receive food and drink specials as well as giveaways.
    As part of the Orange Ride, Mayor Hickenlooper will deliver the game ball pre-game on his bike. The Orange Ride is part of the Denver Broncos Game Plan Green program helping promote sustainable practices at INVESCO Field at Mile High in partnership with Xcel Energy, Round 2 and recycOil.

Not sure if it was posted but lets bring back the ORANGE crush...Unify the fans and the stadium!!!
    Last edited by $Broncos$; 10-11-2010 at 05:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by $Broncos$ View Post
    http://www.kktv.com/sports/headlines...104738359.html

Mayor John Hickenlooper has officially proclaimed the Denver Broncos vs. New York Jets game this Sunday as “Orange Sunday.” Mayor Hickenlooper and the Denver Broncos organization are encouraging all fans to wear orange to the game. Broncos players will be wearing their alternate orange jerseys, and all fans attending the game will receive an Orange Sunday rally towel courtesy of U.S. Bank.
    “We’re looking forward to having a great homefield advantage on Orange Sunday,” Broncos Head Coach Josh McDaniels said. “Our players enjoy wearing their orange jerseys, and it will be exciting for our football team to look up in the stands and see lots of orange.”
    As part of Orange Sunday festivities, the Broncos will host a pep rally on Friday from 3–6 p.m. in Larimer Square. The pep rally will include food and drink specials as well as ticket and merchandise giveaways. Broncos Cheerleaders and alumni, including Ed McCaffrey, Billy Thompson and Randy Gradishar, will be present along with mascots Miles and Thunder to sign autographs and take photos. The Super Bowl trophies, a live band and a live broadcast from 850 KOA’s afternoon show, “The Ride Home,” also will be part of Friday’s activities.
    Mayor Hickenlooper is asking downtown businesses to encourage their employees to join in the Orange Sunday pep rally in Larimer Square.
    The Broncos also will be hosting an “Orange Ride” in conjunction with the City of Denver, Denver B-cycle, the Denver Cruisers and BikeDenver. Fans can choose one of four peloton starting locations to ride their bike to the game. All bike riders will receive free admission to the Broncos Barn pregame tailgate party on gameday (opens at 11:05 a.m.), and those riders without game tickets will be encouraged to stay and watch the game from the Barn. Riders will receive food and drink specials as well as giveaways.
    As part of the Orange Ride, Mayor Hickenlooper will deliver the game ball pre-game on his bike. The Orange Ride is part of the Denver Broncos Game Plan Green program helping promote sustainable practices at INVESCO Field at Mile High in partnership with Xcel Energy, Round 2 and recycOil.
    I wish I could go. Sounds fantastic!

CanDB adopted me. That makes me part Canadian, eh?

Going to be an ugly Orange Sunday. Can't possibly expect to win missing all those key guys.

Hell yes! We need to feed off the crowd big time, this is a huge game!

Yea!

they were supposed to use them against the Lions , Jets , and the Chiefs at home!

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoManiac99 View Post
    Going to be an ugly Orange Sunday. Can't possibly expect to win missing all those key guys.
    Everybody will be pumped that stadium will be rocking and Sanchez wont be hearing a dang thing