View Poll Results: Are we going to let the Jets beat us at home on Orange Crush weekend??

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • No way! This is a must win game and we will take them to the cleaners.

    16 84.21%
  • The Jets have more in the tank than Denver and will take us in our own home

    3 15.79%
Page 84 of 84 FirstFirst ... 34 74 82 83 84
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1260
  1. #1246
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,395
    this gives Decker active! Hope to see something of him
    "Brady... drops back... sees receiver wide open... and throws it away"

  2. #1247
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Yorkshire, England
    Posts
    1,812
    Ive been hearing reports we will be seeing alot off Thompson at safety aswell as in nickel and dime packages, i also really hope Thomas lines up against Revis and just has a monster game against him like a 10 catche 160 yards plus a couple of TDs will do nicely.

  3. #1248
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    6,098
    Quote Originally Posted by neckbeard View Post
    Kyle wants to win, period. This game, the next game, and the one after that - all the way to the Super Bowl.

    If that means he does nothing but hand off to Moreno for the rest of the season, he'll be the first to insist on it - as long as it gets his team the win.

    Conversely, if handing off to Moreno is hurting his team then he'll be more than willing to pass-pass-pass if that's what gets them the W. And right now, that's where they are...
    As is often the case, you missed the point.

    You don't get to the SB and win by pass pass pass. you MUST have an effective running game. Period. I am all for continually trying to push the run, in trying to different plays, and so on. We MUST get it to work, or we will not achieve the ultimate goal.

    As the saying goes "failure is not an option".

  4. #1249
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    21,235
    Quote Originally Posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    You can't run a 3-4 without the OLB's.

    DE- Bannan, DT- Vickerson, DT- Jamal, DE- sign Barnes or Burgess

    OLB- DJ MLB- Haggan OLB- Woodyard or Mays

    CB- Champ CB- Cox FS- Hill SS- Dawkins when healthy

    It turns out you were right, CP to you

    The lineup was D.J. Williams at MLB, with Jason Hunter and Mario Haggan at OLB. Kevin Vickerson and Justin Bannan at DE and Marcus Thomas and Jamal Williams at DT.

    That's a pretty stout front 4, which rivals MN and actually makes their line look small. It's no wonder the Jets couldn't run on them. The front 4 go 310, 316, 348, 321. They weren't a very quick group but were definitely setting the edge against the run and containing the outside very well. The DEs really held up the OT and TE allowing the LBs/DBs to get to the ball carrier. They also got some push up the middle. Some people say they didn't get pressure on the QB but they got 2 sacks when in the previous 5 games they only had 5 total.

    DJ had 11 tackles, 2 passes defensed and a sack from the MLB position and Thomas had 2 tackles and a sack from the DT position, Hunter only had 2 tackles but he had 1 PD and 1 INT.

    This was against one of the, if not THE, best Oline in the NFL. They really might have stumbled onto something here. This group has the size and athleticism to dominate the LoS and play the physical brand of football that McD is looking for. They don't have the speed to rush the passer very well but have the size and strength to collapse the pocket around the QB and may be able to generate sacks by rushing a LB along with the front 4. It will be interesting to see what happens in the next few weeks and how they move forward from here.
    Last edited by broncos SB2010; 10-17-2010 at 07:33 PM.

  5. #1250
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    In the Moment
    Posts
    3,534
    Quote Originally Posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    You can't run a 3-4 without the OLB's.

    DE- Bannan, DT- Vickerson, DT- Jamal, DE- sign Barnes or Burgess

    OLB- DJ MLB- Haggan OLB- Woodyard or Mays

    CB- Champ CB- Cox FS- Hill SS- Dawkins when healthy

    With the injuries to key LB's, it becomes harder to run an effective 3-4. So you have Wink having to get creative each week, so you will see a combo of 34 and 43 for a bit. I could not have imagined how much Doom's injury would have changed this D's effectiveness....
    A super bowl victory is the only thing that matters in a season. So to show improvement you have to get closer than we were last year. So the AFCC game is a good answer if we only match what we did last year it is a failure. The Giants were 9-7 and won it all so record or first round bye mean nothing unless you win it all-

    #87Birdman wrote it- adding Manning, the Broncos should be held to it, and certain posters think otherwise and we know who you are.....

  6. #1251
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Yorkshire, England
    Posts
    1,812
    Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    It turns out you were right, CP to you

    The lineup was D.J. Williams at MLB, with Jason Hunter and Mario Haggan at OLB. Kevin Vickerson and Justin Bannan at DE and Marcus Thomas and Jamal Williams at DT.

    That's a pretty stout front 4, which rivals MN and actually makes their line look small. It's no wonder the Jets couldn't run on them. The front 4 go 310, 316, 348, 321. They weren't a very quick group but were definitely setting the edge against the run and containing the outside very well. The DEs really held up the OT and TE allowing the LBs/DBs to get to the ball carrier. They also got some push up the middle. Some people say they didn't get pressure on the QB but they got 2 sacks when in the previous 5 games they only had 5 total.

    DJ had 11 tackles, 2 passes defensed and a sack from the MLB position and Thomas had 2 tackles and a sack from the DT position, Hunter only had 2 tackles but he had 1 PD and 1 INT.

    This was against one of the, if not THE, best Oline in the NFL. They really might have stumbled onto something here. This group has the size and athleticism to dominate the LoS and play the physical brand of football that McD is looking for. They don't have the speed to rush the passer very well but have the size and strength to collapse the pocket around the QB and may be able to generate sacks by rushing a LB along with the front 4. It will be interesting to see what happens in the next few weeks and how they move forward from here.
    I think we should be go back to using a hybrid like from last year so we can change our game plan abit more keep the quarterback guessing. i also think that is probably the biggest 4-3 d-line i have seen in my life

    Bannan - 310
    Williams - 340+
    Thomas - 305
    Vickerson - 320

    that's a huge d-line no wonder LT had trouble gaining yardage.

  7. #1252
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Posts
    8,594
    Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    It turns out you were right, CP to you

    The lineup was D.J. Williams at MLB, with Jason Hunter and Mario Haggan at OLB. Kevin Vickerson and Justin Bannan at DE and Marcus Thomas and Jamal Williams at DT.

    That's a pretty stout front 4, which rivals MN and actually makes their line look small. It's no wonder the Jets couldn't run on them. The front 4 go 310, 316, 348, 321. They weren't a very quick group but were definitely setting the edge against the run and containing the outside very well. The DEs really held up the OT and TE allowing the LBs/DBs to get to the ball carrier. They also got some push up the middle. Some people say they didn't get pressure on the QB but they got 2 sacks when in the previous 5 games they only had 5 total.

    DJ had 11 tackles, 2 passes defensed and a sack from the MLB position and Thomas had 2 tackles and a sack from the DT position, Hunter only had 2 tackles but he had 1 PD and 1 INT.

    This was against one of the, if not THE, best Oline in the NFL. They really might have stumbled onto something here. This group has the size and athleticism to dominate the LoS and play the physical brand of football that McD is looking for. They don't have the speed to rush the passer very well but have the size and strength to collapse the pocket around the QB and may be able to generate sacks by rushing a LB along with the front 4. It will be interesting to see what happens in the next few weeks and how they move forward from here.
    Well, I definitely think we should use this defense going forward, even when we get healthy, against the teams that can only win by running the ball. Divisional foes, the Chiefs and Raiders come to mind. I'm not so sure it would work against the Chargers because you need a pass rush and some disguises in coverage to stop Rivers, but I have zero doubt it will work fabulously against KC and Oakland. Probably a good idea against San Francisco, St. Louis, and Arizona as well.

  8. #1253
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    10,615
    Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    no. You don't change an entire defensive philosophy just because of a couple injuries.
    The Broncos were forced to do just that in the 70's, and if they didn't we never would have gotten the Orange Crush defense.

    By no means am I advocating that we change back to a 4-3, mind you. I'm just pointing out the inherent flaw in your post.

  9. #1254
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Jacksonville Florida
    Posts
    11,835
    Quote Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
    Well, I definitely think we should use this defense going forward, even when we get healthy, against the teams that can only win by running the ball. Divisional foes, the Chiefs and Raiders come to mind. I'm not so sure it would work against the Chargers because you need a pass rush and some disguises in coverage to stop Rivers, but I have zero doubt it will work fabulously against KC and Oakland. Probably a good idea against San Francisco, St. Louis, and Arizona as well.
    It would be nice to see Ayers as a DE. He was a monster his senior yr at Tennessee. It would also be nice to re-sign Jamie Kirlew. He was a good DE also in the 4-3. I think the hybrid is definately the way to go.

  10. #1255
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fort Collins
    Posts
    14,373
    I was really liking the 4-3. Especially against the run, completely shut it down for the most part. Hybrid is the way to go, especially because we have some run heavy teams left on our schedule.

    However, we need Vickerson back. Hopefully he will be back this week, and it was just a minor injury
    2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas


  11. #1256
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    33,391
    If the shoe fits.........

    It appears the 4/3 was working well against one of the best NFL rushing teams. So, use it against those types of teams, and use the 3/4 when the conditions are better for it. Of course, this is forced by the loss of 2 quality OLBs.

    I see this as a good thing, the versatility. I also like that Marcus is playing good ball. That's why you don't quit on certain players.....especially dliners.

    All in all, I like the fact we can employ different lineups to match to opponents.This will bode well as we move forward.

  12. #1257
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Quebec
    Posts
    692
    Now that the game is over, does anyone have the stats of both players !? I know they didn't have a good game but I'm curious to see who had the best day.

  13. #1258
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Cherry Valley, CA
    Posts
    897

    What is a run heavy team, compared to Denver, well........

    Quote Originally Posted by Broncoholic3233 View Post
    I was really liking the 4-3. Especially against the run, completely shut it down for the most part. Hybrid is the way to go, especially because we have some run heavy teams left on our schedule.

    However, we need Vickerson back. Hopefully he will be back this week, and it was just a minor injury
    This team needs to prepare for every team being a heavy run team when compared to our own abilities. And in any week any team (if they play with heart and avoid mistakes) can beat any other team.

  14. #1259
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    527
    Quote Originally Posted by OPP View Post
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...e=HP_headlines

    "Champ Bailey is a heck of a player. He used to be the best corner of the league, now he's probably 2 or 3. But we have the No. 1 guy, I think Champ will tell you."
    Champ no question about it. I think we've seen Revis get spanked so many times it's not even a competition. Revis has been giving up TDs, getting burned, and getting juked out of his shoes every game.


    Champ is still da champ

  15. #1260
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    527
    Quote Originally Posted by igoe4broncos View Post
    Champ in the prime of his career definitely. Now however, I would go with a healthy Revis because he is younger. Back in the day though, no one could pass on Champ, at all. Especially when he first got here.

    He still is a great player and in the top three or so when healthy, but you can tell age is starting to catch him. It happens to the best of the best at some point.
    The so-called "old man" champ is outperforming the young revis. Revis gets pushed around like a little girl and gives TDs away. Demaryius proved just that

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •