Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 60

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Central PA
    Posts
    1,261

    Colin Cowherd really bashing the Broncos' draft this morning...

    and I can't say I disagree with him.

    I hope McD and Tebow prove him (and all the others) wrong...
    Superbowl 50 Champs!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Posts
    19,473
    Who?

    10 chars
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    24,672
    Oh noooo! Now we're doomed to fail!!!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    6,469
    Cowturd falls inline with Dukes, Woodson, and Steve Young all Bronco haters. So I wouldn't put any stock into what he says.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    592
    I expect that a lot today.

    However - none of these critics really know anybody from McD's draft other than Tebow. Outside of Tebow, most actual experts actually dig the rest of Josh's picks. Cowherd...well...he ain't no expert!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    11,079
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncosTX77 View Post
    Cowturd falls inline with Dukes, Woodson, and Steve Young all Bronco haters. So I wouldn't put any stock into what he says.
    Next they'll be saying Phil Simms hates our draft. I hate to use Bayless as an example of logic, but his argument is right. If Childress did it we would be saying it was a good call if Holmgren did it we would have said it was a steal. He wouldnt have been there unless we made the effort to get him and even though the Bills claim they didnt want him there have been reports that say otherwise.

    There were 2 top QB's I would want on my team McCoy and Tebow (granted I wanted Devlin next year). They both have the personalities and leadership abilities needed to be QB. They both have accurate arms and the ability and determination to win. McCoy is short 6-1 which was why he dropped, but so is Drew Brees 6-0. You want a QB to be at least 6-3 generally which is why players like Flutie who could be one of the best QB's of all time if people got over his height and if Wade hadnt listened to the old old old man and benched him when Johnson came back for the Championship game that Flutie led him to. McD likes his QB's tall which makes me think McCoy was out of the question thus we went with Tebow who is just shy of 6-3.

    Clausen has a horrible personality and its something he needs to fix (Like Brees) if he wants to be successful in the NFL IMO. I am not impressed with Bradford (overrated) and thats all I can say. If we wanted a QB this year we needed Tebow if we didnt get him where we did I doubt we would have gotten him at all.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3,237
    Opinions are like noses, everyone has at least one! If Cowhurd, Dukes, Kiper, McShay or any of the rest of these "EXPERTS" knew all that much about football, they would be working for an NFL team! It is easy to bad mouth someone else for doing something we can't do ourselves!
    The EX coaches are the opinions I pay most attention too. They seem to like the Broncos draft of Tebow! Let us admit it, if you took Tebow out of the Broncos draft, most of these talking heads would probably like it better and sounds like the Coaches think Tebow "makes" the Broncos draft!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Aurora, CO
    Posts
    1,732
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
    Next they'll be saying Phil Simms hates our draft. I hate to use Bayless as an example of logic, but his argument is right. If Childress did it we would be saying it was a good call if Holmgren did it we would have said it was a steal. He wouldnt have been there unless we made the effort to get him and even though the Bills claim they didnt want him there have been reports that say otherwise.

    There were 2 top QB's I would want on my team McCoy and Tebow (granted I wanted Devlin next year). They both have the personalities and leadership abilities needed to be QB. They both have accurate arms and the ability and determination to win. McCoy is short 6-1 which was why he dropped, but so is Drew Brees 6-0. You want a QB to be at least 6-3 generally which is why players like Flutie who could be one of the best QB's of all time if people got over his height and if Wade hadnt listened to the old old old man and benched him when Johnson came back for the Championship game that Flutie led him to. McD likes his QB's tall which makes me think McCoy was out of the question thus we went with Tebow who is just shy of 6-3.

    Clausen has a horrible personality and its something he needs to fix (Like Brees) if he wants to be successful in the NFL IMO. I am not impressed with Bradford (overrated) and thats all I can say. If we wanted a QB this year we needed Tebow if we didnt get him where we did I doubt we would have gotten him at all.

    Seeing how their ticket sales are up for their first home game - I'm betting the Jags are playing a lot of "what if" in their FO today.
    Remember: If you dont feed the trolls - they will go away! Neither logic nor a compelling argument will make a difference.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Under a Magnifying Glass
    Posts
    12,576
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncosTX77 View Post
    Cowturd falls inline with Dukes, Woodson, and Steve Young all Bronco haters. So I wouldn't put any stock into what he says.
    You guys are so weird...


    they aren't bronco haters... they are analysts with their opinions, and until we prove them wrong they aren't going to be saying that we're a great team...


    Cowherd has defended the broncos on MANY occasions.

    There were callers one time saying that john elway wouldn't have been a hall of famer if he didn't have those two good years (which is semiretarded) and cowherd defended elway sayin that you can't throw out years, etc...


    I have heard him say about as many good things about the broncos as bad things.

    Last season we were 6-0 and he didn't buy into our dominance... guess he was right?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Dallas, Tx
    Posts
    10,335
    Quote Originally Posted by 12and4 View Post
    You guys are so weird...


    they aren't bronco haters... they are analysts with their opinions, and until we prove them wrong they aren't going to be saying that we're a great team...


    Cowherd has defended the broncos on MANY occasions.

    There were callers one time saying that john elway wouldn't have been a hall of famer if he didn't have those two good years (which is semiretarded) and cowherd defended elway sayin that you can't throw out years, etc...


    I have heard him say about as many good things about the broncos as bad things.

    Last season we were 6-0 and he didn't buy into our dominance... guess he was right?
    He also said we would win like 3 games (when Cutler trade fiasco went down).

    MOST people went on record saying Tebow would not be a 1st round pick. When he was they had egg on their face, so they started attacking.

    I don't mind him saying we reached. Fine. I just want him to get his facts straight.

    We didn't give up alot. In essence, we moved down in the first round (still got our target) and used the ammo we received for trading down, to turn the 43rd pick into the 25th selection. On top of that, for our trouble we swapped a 4th for a 3rd.

    So, just be fair. Look at the entire picture.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Rifle, Colorado
    Posts
    9,647
    Colin Cowherd is the biggest elitist ***** bag in the history of sports radio. He is such a creep.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Greenville, NC
    Posts
    730
    LOL at Cowherd. He has about as much credability as I do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [B]D.J. Williams[/B] - My 2011 adopted Bronco

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    221
    Quote Originally Posted by igoe4broncos View Post
    LOL at Cowherd. He has about as much credability as I do.
    You are a Broncos fan so actually he has less
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    [COLOR="blue"][B]Kyle Orton Army #140[/B][/COLOR]
    [COLOR="orange"][B]Team Tebow #140[/B][/COLOR]

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    10,153
    Quote Originally Posted by igoe4broncos View Post
    LOL at Cowherd. He has about as much credability as I do.
    So true. I dont really care what Cowherd said I have never liked him he looks

    like a creep.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by igoe4broncos View Post
    LOL at Cowherd. He has about as much credability as I do.
    exactly - its reality TV but radio. scripted enterainment, not written word. hey - is this some gutsy stuff Mc D did in the draft?? heck yeah. Dont sweat it though, keep on keeping on. Cant hate cowherd too much anyways, almost any of us on here would love to have the job.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •