Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I kinda like the Tebow pick, what pisses me off is that we gave away a 2nd, 3rd, and 4th for him. None of you can say that it doesn't bother you that we gave up so much for him.

Cowherd is just like the rest of the "experts"....... they are just a bunch of stat readers-thats all.

The reality is, these guys actually know far less than you think.

These guys get paid to have a "broad knowledge" of sports, franchises and schools. But in reality- its impossible to watch all of the games, let alone dedicate the time and resources needed to study each franchise and their moves. I would be willing to bet 75% of the members on this forum know more about the state of the Denver Broncos then Colin Cowherd does.

People take opinions like his, Jim Rome, Jamie Dukes, as if they know something we dont. Sure those guys may know more about the Seahawks than me, but I can guarantee they dont spend as much time studying and disecting the Broncos as I do.
    Truth is, we watch the Denver Broncos play. Colin Cowherd reads about them.........

Quote Originally Posted by red 19 View Post
    Cowherd is just like the rest of the "experts"....... they are just a bunch of stat readers-thats all.

These guys get paid to have a "broad knowledge" of sports, franchises and schools. But in reality- its impossible to watch all of the games, let alone dedicate the time and resources needed to study each franchise and their moves. I would be willing to bet 75% of the members on this forum know more about the state of the Denver Broncos then Colin Cowherd does.

People take opinions like his, Jim Rome, Jamie Dukes, as if they know something we dont. Sure those guys may know more about the Seahawks than me, but I can guarantee they dont spend as much time studying and disecting the Broncos as I do.
    Truth is, we watch the Denver Broncos play. Colin Cowherd reads about them.........
    Whatever.

Doesnt change the fact we reached for a FB to play QB and traded 3 players to get him. It was a nightmare pick, and I agree with anyone who criticizes the pick.

Quote Originally Posted by RainyTX View Post
    I kinda like the Tebow pick, what pisses me off is that we gave away a 2nd, 3rd, and 4th for him. None of you can say that it doesn't bother you that we gave up so much for him.
    Actually I'm not bothered by it, because (and I can't remember the exact picks) but we really didn't give up as much as that sounds like. I mean obviously we gave up a 2nd 3rd and 4th, but it wasn't crippling as some experts have been saying.

But seriously, who is Colin Cowherd and who employs him?
    http://www.buddhistedu.org/en/images/stories/Vanhoa/zen2.gif

Quote Originally Posted by igoe4broncos View Post
    LOL at Cowherd. He has about as much credability as I do.
    So true. I dont really care what Cowherd said I have never liked him he looks

like a creep.

Quote Originally Posted by zblake10 View Post
    what do u expect when u take a developmental quarterback in the 1st round over Clausen.
    I think you spelled it wrong. Here is the correct way - DECORATED, As in two National Championships and a Heisman Trophy.

Jimmy Claussen = 0, Nada, Nothing...

Tebows Credentials are out of the league, While what does Claussen have?, 1 dime and borrowed time.
    HE>i

Quote Originally Posted by The Hamburgler View Post
    But seriously, who is Colin Cowherd and who employs him?
    He is employed by espn and espn2
    (radio on espnradio, sports nation on espn2)

Quote Originally Posted by red 19 View Post

I agree with the bolded text, but you have to realize that 75% of those members are extremely biased towards the broncos. We feel that we should get the recognition we deserve over the other 31 teams.

You gotta see that if they say something good about us, they are gonna say something bad about another team and their fans will be pissed.... its just how it is. Do good, you get rewarded.... don't, and get ready to take the heat.

Quote Originally Posted by igoe4broncos View Post
    LOL at Cowherd. He has about as much credability as I do.
    exactly - its reality TV but radio. scripted enterainment, not written word. hey - is this some gutsy stuff Mc D did in the draft?? heck yeah. Dont sweat it though, keep on keeping on. Cant hate cowherd too much anyways, almost any of us on here would love to have the job.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Momentum View Post
    Whatever.

Doesnt change the fact we reached for a FB to play QB and traded 3 players to get him. It was a nightmare pick, and I agree with anyone who criticizes the pick.
    How did Tebow look when you had him in for a privatel work out? I figured that since you know more than Coach McDaniels, all the Bronco scouts and the GM, that surely you had him in for a private work out?
    Sounds like you are just repeating what other "experts" have said and many of them (like you) don't know what they are talking about.
    Give the guy a chance to screw up and then critic him!
    I think Coach has probably forgot more about football than most of these EXPERTS ever knew!
    Go Broncos!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dgobronco View Post
    Lots of bash the basher. I'm as much as a homer here as anyone else, but when a lot of people are dinging the Broncos draft, we should at least offer a reasoned response. It's way too early to call this a good or a bad draft. The fact is McD gave up a lot and reached to get Thomas and Tebow who are both unproven at the NFL level. That is pretty much what Cowherd was saying when I listened this morning. I can't disagree with him there. For this draft to be successful, at least one of Thomas and Tebow have to be huge home runs. Otherwise, it wasn't worth the picks McD gave up to get them. When you consider the picks changing hands for some big name vets this seaon, McD did give up a lot. No denying that (and yes, I do credit McD with turning #11 into the extra picks in the first place).

Everyone in the draft is unproven at the NFL level, there madden.

Quote Originally Posted by RainyTX View Post

we started thursday night with picks

1(11)
    2(43)
    2(45)
    3(80)
    4(114)
    5(137)
    6(183)

and ended with

1(22)
    1(25)
    2(45)
    3(80)
    3(87)
    5(137)
    6(183)

Essentially turning pick 43 into tebow....

& turning pick 114 into Decker....

no i'm not pissed about "what denver gave up", that manuvering on friday night was a GRADE 'A' fleecing of other teams, all clouded by the tebow haze. Hopefully there's enough tebow news that noone will remember what happened and McD/X can do it again next year.

Denver drafted 9 people that stand a chance to make the team, and 2-3starters. They wouldn't have done any better with 15 warm bodies, just more would have been cut at the end of TC...

(I didn't ad the two seventh round picks because they don't really matter to this arguement)
    Last edited by owninit; 04-27-2010 at 12:16 PM.

This keeps getting funnier.

Yesterday during his opening rant Cowherd said "The Broncos lost Brandon Marshall and his 100 catches, you can't replace that, then with their first pick in the draft they picked up Tim Tebow."

Yes he did say very clearly with "their first pick in the draft". He then went on to rant about Tebow being a $200 bottle of wine when what we needed was groceries to feed the kids.

Cowherd building the first 20 minutes of his show around an idea that is completely false shows he is a clueless idiot. But I think it gets even funnier. Espn was using this exact clip today to promo Cowherds show. So if you didn't hear him making an ass out of himself yesterday you may still get to hear it sometime this week on a commercial. You would think someone at the worlds leading sports network would have picked up on his mistake and not run it over and over for everyone to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by dgobronco View Post
    Lots of bash the basher. I'm as much as a homer here as anyone else, but when a lot of people are dinging the Broncos draft, we should at least offer a reasoned response. It's way too early to call this a good or a bad draft. The fact is McD gave up a lot and reached to get Thomas and Tebow who are both unproven at the NFL level. That is pretty much what Cowherd was saying when I listened this morning. I can't disagree with him there. For this draft to be successful, at least one of Thomas and Tebow have to be huge home runs. Otherwise, it wasn't worth the picks McD gave up to get them. When you consider the picks changing hands for some big name vets this seaon, McD did give up a lot. No denying that (and yes, I do credit McD with turning #11 into the extra picks in the first place).
    Lol so in your description of us reaching that means every single team reached for thier picks being that NONE of these kids have proven they can play in teh NFL.... Just sayin' and further more we didn't even reach for the receiver we actually dropped backwards...to set us up to be able to draft Tebow and not have to worry about the extra pick (as has been said many times before we really only gave up a 2nd and fourth to get a 1 and 3, looks pretty good to me) .... and one more thing if one player in a draft class for a team has to be an absolute stud then really there are a hell of a lot of teams that fail miserably every year cause they don't get studs but solid players that are good strong team players.....wow just wow lol
    GO BRONCOS AFC Champs!!!

Quote Originally Posted by owninit View Post
    we started thursday night with picks

1(11)
    2(43)
    2(45)
    3(80)
    4(114)
    5(137)
    6(183)

and ended with

1(22)
    1(25)
    2(45)
    3(80)
    3(87)
    5(137)
    6(183)

Essentially truning pick 43 into tebow....

& turning pick 114 into Decker....

no i'm not pissed about "what denver gave up", that manuvering on friday night was a GRADE 'A' fleecing of other teams, all clouded by the tebow haze. Hopefully there's enough tebow news that noone will remember what happened and McD/X can do it again next year.

Denver drafted 9 people that stand a chance to make the team, and 2-3starters. They wouldn't have done any better with 15 warm bodies, just more would have been cut at the end of TC...
    I agree 100%. I have to admit, after we accumulated all those picks I was pissed we traded a 4th to move up and grab Thomas, and then deal those 3 picks for Tebow. I felt like we could have sat and waited and hoped each player fell in our laps.

But we have to understand that Mcdaniels traded down b/c he envisioned all of this playing out, and that he was going to trade back up. Like you said, had we taken Thomas at 11 or 13, we wouldn't have those extra picks.

I also hear that CLE or BUF or NE was going to grab Tebow (notice CLE did not take a QB to start the 2nd round, maybe they would've picked Tebow thre; maybe they did like him more than Claussen & Mccoy).

Fact is we'll never know what could have been. Fact is Mcd felt those extra picks were house money, and that he got them in his effort to stockpile picks to have the ammo to grab Tebow. Simple as that really.