Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 60
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Yorkshire, England
    Posts
    1,813
    Quote Originally Posted by Pratama View Post
    Yeah, but every person who ever wore a headset and stood on the sidelines of a football team is praising the pick (ok, not every person, but you know what I mean). Their opinions carry more weight than the bobbing heads in the media whose job is to get us talking and to keep us watching/listening/reading. At the end of the day - the Broncos FO is really the only opinion that matters on this subject.

    Oh and by the way - we drafted other people too. They could also talk about:

    1) Getting the 2nd best (according to scouts) WR in the draft, late in the first round

    2) Picking up Eric Decker late - a steal as a previous poster said

    3) Picking up Perrish Cox VERY late - many think this is the steal of the draft.
    Lombardi on nfl network was asked who he thought the steal of the draft was and the guy he said first was Cox and i would take Lombardi's word anyday over Cowherds.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Seattle, WA by way of Phx, AZ
    Posts
    5,686
    Cowherd's a moron. All he does is follow the crowd and basically only likes the big market teams.

    We could have drafted the Lord Himself, and he would find something bad about it. Dude needs a swift kick to the teeth IMO.
    LET 'ER BUCK!!!
    Adopted by: Peanut, Chazoe60, CanDB, RealBronco and JakeNbake

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    75
    I very often disagree with what Cowherd says, but to compare him to Dukes and call him a bronco hater is just wrong. He has repeatedly said he thinks McD will be one of the best coaches in the league and that the Broncos are on the rise. Last year he was all over the Broncos, espcially during their early 6-0 run. I didn't hear this mornings segment but overall he is nowhere near dukes' level. People usually hate him because he is incredibly blunt with his opinions. A lot of "experts" don't like the tebow pick, so it's nothing new, cowherd probably just expressed his opinion a little stronger than most others.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    11,079
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncosTX77 View Post
    Cowturd falls inline with Dukes, Woodson, and Steve Young all Bronco haters. So I wouldn't put any stock into what he says.
    Next they'll be saying Phil Simms hates our draft. I hate to use Bayless as an example of logic, but his argument is right. If Childress did it we would be saying it was a good call if Holmgren did it we would have said it was a steal. He wouldnt have been there unless we made the effort to get him and even though the Bills claim they didnt want him there have been reports that say otherwise.

    There were 2 top QB's I would want on my team McCoy and Tebow (granted I wanted Devlin next year). They both have the personalities and leadership abilities needed to be QB. They both have accurate arms and the ability and determination to win. McCoy is short 6-1 which was why he dropped, but so is Drew Brees 6-0. You want a QB to be at least 6-3 generally which is why players like Flutie who could be one of the best QB's of all time if people got over his height and if Wade hadnt listened to the old old old man and benched him when Johnson came back for the Championship game that Flutie led him to. McD likes his QB's tall which makes me think McCoy was out of the question thus we went with Tebow who is just shy of 6-3.

    Clausen has a horrible personality and its something he needs to fix (Like Brees) if he wants to be successful in the NFL IMO. I am not impressed with Bradford (overrated) and thats all I can say. If we wanted a QB this year we needed Tebow if we didnt get him where we did I doubt we would have gotten him at all.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3,237
    Opinions are like noses, everyone has at least one! If Cowhurd, Dukes, Kiper, McShay or any of the rest of these "EXPERTS" knew all that much about football, they would be working for an NFL team! It is easy to bad mouth someone else for doing something we can't do ourselves!
    The EX coaches are the opinions I pay most attention too. They seem to like the Broncos draft of Tebow! Let us admit it, if you took Tebow out of the Broncos draft, most of these talking heads would probably like it better and sounds like the Coaches think Tebow "makes" the Broncos draft!

  6. #21
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Aurora, CO
    Posts
    1,732
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
    Next they'll be saying Phil Simms hates our draft. I hate to use Bayless as an example of logic, but his argument is right. If Childress did it we would be saying it was a good call if Holmgren did it we would have said it was a steal. He wouldnt have been there unless we made the effort to get him and even though the Bills claim they didnt want him there have been reports that say otherwise.

    There were 2 top QB's I would want on my team McCoy and Tebow (granted I wanted Devlin next year). They both have the personalities and leadership abilities needed to be QB. They both have accurate arms and the ability and determination to win. McCoy is short 6-1 which was why he dropped, but so is Drew Brees 6-0. You want a QB to be at least 6-3 generally which is why players like Flutie who could be one of the best QB's of all time if people got over his height and if Wade hadnt listened to the old old old man and benched him when Johnson came back for the Championship game that Flutie led him to. McD likes his QB's tall which makes me think McCoy was out of the question thus we went with Tebow who is just shy of 6-3.

    Clausen has a horrible personality and its something he needs to fix (Like Brees) if he wants to be successful in the NFL IMO. I am not impressed with Bradford (overrated) and thats all I can say. If we wanted a QB this year we needed Tebow if we didnt get him where we did I doubt we would have gotten him at all.

    Seeing how their ticket sales are up for their first home game - I'm betting the Jags are playing a lot of "what if" in their FO today.
    Remember: If you dont feed the trolls - they will go away! Neither logic nor a compelling argument will make a difference.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Dallas, Tx
    Posts
    10,335
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, even if they have to yelp about it for 3 hours every day in a constant high-pitched syndicated whine.

    If you listen to him enough you'll see that he's wrong about most predictions he utters. Just last week he was saying OK City had no chance against the experienced Lakers, who were primed to turn on their playoff switch.

    What did annoy me though, like already mentioned here, is the reasons:

    1- He said we traded a WR and lost a Def. Coord. this year, as if those holes had to be filled in this draft. An area of weakness is Nolan? And we had to address that in this draft? Since when can you draft a Def. Coord?

    2- He said we overpayed for Tebow. Well Duh! But you can't look at the half the picture (2nd, 3rd & 4th) while ignoring how DEN positioned themselves to afford that price. We traded down from 11 to 21, and picked up 2 3rd roudners and a 4th.

    In essence, we paid nothing! We ensured we wouldn't miss out on Tebow by swapping a 2nd and a 4th for a 1st and a 3rd. What is wrong with that?

    AND, according to Skip Bayless.... Tebow was not lasting to #43. Said he was going at 30, or CLE was drafting him (according to Holmgrown), or NE would gobble him up.

    3- He said we are mediocre, as did rotoworld today. We are average, not mediocre. We finish 8-8 every year. People praised CHI last year, and bashed us. Who finished with the better record? AND, surprise, they'll kill us again this season.... And we'll still go out and win 8 games.

    4- He said Tebow will do nothing for 2 years. WELL, don't all franchise QBs take time to be groomed? Rivers sat behind DB, and same with Aaron Rodgers and plenty more. AND, oh by the way, I totally envision Tebow making an impact this year in short yardage situation, and on the goal line.

    5- He said we cant riska bust in the 1st round? HEY BUDDY, plenty of 1st rounders are busts. From Jarvis Moss to Reggie Nelson. Like at Aaron Curry last year. Any lock if we take Dan Williams he'll be a stud?

    6- And finally.... Mcdaniels took a QB who never played a snap in college and turned him into the 60-million dollar man. He got more out of Orton last year than CHI could pry from Cutler. If anyone can help Tebow.... it is Mcd. And if Mcd could pick a spot to go to, DEN would be his best option. We pass the ball from shotgun 67 percent of time, we might even want to run some spread, and likes to keep his passes under 10 yards. Perfect for Tim Rah-Rah.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    221
    Quote Originally Posted by igoe4broncos View Post
    LOL at Cowherd. He has about as much credability as I do.
    You are a Broncos fan so actually he has less
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    [COLOR="blue"][B]Kyle Orton Army #140[/B][/COLOR]
    [COLOR="orange"][B]Team Tebow #140[/B][/COLOR]

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    35
    who cares what they think, every draft Football experts say we had a bad draft in 2007 they gave us a D with Clady and look how bad they got it wrong when we drafted Cuter, Marshall, And Dumervil they also gave us a bad grade so who cares no one really knows who had the best draft, in 3-5 years we'll know who had the best draft.




    [CENTER]Favorite Broncos Quotes[/CENTER]

    “The one thing that scares me the most is failing. It scares me that one day I won't be at this level. But while I'm here and while I'm having success early, I'm trying to do everything to stay on this level."
    -Terrell Davis

    “You can be the best person in the league but if you don't win championships, something's missing.”
    -Terrell Davis

    "I'm like the FAA, all flights closed to my side."
    - Champ Bailey


    [CENTER][/CENTER]

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3,237
    How many of these "experts" actually work out these draft choices? How many have private workouts with Tim Tebow? I would just guess that NONE of them do. I would almost be willing to bet that Jamie Dukes doesn't. All the attention wouldn't be on him at the workout! Coach McDaniels not only attends these workouts but knows what he is looking for!
    They are just on TV or radio to entertain people and give people someone to laugh at or disagree with!




    Just think, when ESPN hired Colin Cowheard they deprived some village of their idiot!!!

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,064
    Lots of bash the basher. I'm as much as a homer here as anyone else, but when a lot of people are dinging the Broncos draft, we should at least offer a reasoned response. It's way too early to call this a good or a bad draft. The fact is McD gave up a lot and reached to get Thomas and Tebow who are both unproven at the NFL level. That is pretty much what Cowherd was saying when I listened this morning. I can't disagree with him there. For this draft to be successful, at least one of Thomas and Tebow have to be huge home runs. Otherwise, it wasn't worth the picks McD gave up to get them. When you consider the picks changing hands for some big name vets this seaon, McD did give up a lot. No denying that (and yes, I do credit McD with turning #11 into the extra picks in the first place).

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Under a Magnifying Glass
    Posts
    12,576
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncosTX77 View Post
    Cowturd falls inline with Dukes, Woodson, and Steve Young all Bronco haters. So I wouldn't put any stock into what he says.
    You guys are so weird...


    they aren't bronco haters... they are analysts with their opinions, and until we prove them wrong they aren't going to be saying that we're a great team...


    Cowherd has defended the broncos on MANY occasions.

    There were callers one time saying that john elway wouldn't have been a hall of famer if he didn't have those two good years (which is semiretarded) and cowherd defended elway sayin that you can't throw out years, etc...


    I have heard him say about as many good things about the broncos as bad things.

    Last season we were 6-0 and he didn't buy into our dominance... guess he was right?

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Dallas, Tx
    Posts
    10,335
    Quote Originally Posted by 12and4 View Post
    You guys are so weird...


    they aren't bronco haters... they are analysts with their opinions, and until we prove them wrong they aren't going to be saying that we're a great team...


    Cowherd has defended the broncos on MANY occasions.

    There were callers one time saying that john elway wouldn't have been a hall of famer if he didn't have those two good years (which is semiretarded) and cowherd defended elway sayin that you can't throw out years, etc...


    I have heard him say about as many good things about the broncos as bad things.

    Last season we were 6-0 and he didn't buy into our dominance... guess he was right?
    He also said we would win like 3 games (when Cutler trade fiasco went down).

    MOST people went on record saying Tebow would not be a 1st round pick. When he was they had egg on their face, so they started attacking.

    I don't mind him saying we reached. Fine. I just want him to get his facts straight.

    We didn't give up alot. In essence, we moved down in the first round (still got our target) and used the ammo we received for trading down, to turn the 43rd pick into the 25th selection. On top of that, for our trouble we swapped a 4th for a 3rd.

    So, just be fair. Look at the entire picture.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Under a Magnifying Glass
    Posts
    12,576
    Quote Originally Posted by fraguela09 View Post
    He also said we would win like 3 games (when Cutler trade fiasco went down).

    MOST people went on record saying Tebow would not be a 1st round pick. When he was they had egg on their face, so they started attacking.

    I don't mind him saying we reached. Fine. I just want him to get his facts straight.

    We didn't give up alot. In essence, we moved down in the first round (still got our target) and used the ammo we received for trading down, to turn the 43rd pick into the 25th selection. On top of that, for our trouble we swapped a 4th for a 3rd.

    So, just be fair. Look at the entire picture.

    It doesn't matter what happened before, tebow cost what it cost to trade up, which i think was 3 picks if i remember correctly.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Lost in the shadow of the Cross
    Posts
    20,587
    Quote Originally Posted by JrtheFreak View Post
    and I can't say I disagree with him.

    I hope McD and Tebow prove him (and all the others) wrong...
    I have not respected him since he sayed distastefull stuff after the tragic death of Eddie Guerrero.
    Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

    Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •