Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Results 46 to 60 of 60
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Kay See Mo
    Posts
    7,888
    I'm just gonna throw this out there...


    What makes his opinion less reliable/worth while/credible/ect... than any of yours??
    ^My opinion is included in there as well^

    Personally I feel Thomas was a big reach cuz he didnt run routes in college, he
    has questionable hands, and relied mostly on his size/speed to outplay other
    college athletes, that wont happen in the NFL.

    I think Tebow will fail as an NFL QB, so in theory the pick you used on him makes
    it bad... That being said, I still hate Tim Tebow as a QB prospect but he is going
    to work himself to death (literally) to prove me wrong. He is almost worth the risk
    of taking that high because he has proven he will work that hard. The effort
    and time he has put into changing his game is a direct example of that, but
    that is also the reason I think he will fail... Would you draft a RB that had to
    learn to run? What about a WR that had to learn to catch? No, so why a QB
    that has to learn to throw? But again, worth the risk because he will work his
    ass off, only a lot of players were passed on to move up and pick him making
    it still an average to bad pick IMO.

    Beadles was taken about 2 rounds before he should have, but he fills a need
    so not a terrible pick but definitely not a good one.

    Walton, and here is where Denver fans will freak on me, is not that good. He
    went at least a round, more like 2 before he would if the OC class wasnt so
    thin. He does not grade out as 3rd round center. But like Beadles he fills a
    big need and is a lil better so solid pick, not great.

    Decker I really like and think he will be a good player, great pick.

    Cox looked mediocre the last quarter of the season and through all the workouts.
    He has some talent but is by no means a MAJOR steal.


    All in all, it's not a GREAT draft... IMO, but that doesnt mean I'm right or wrong
    just because I disagree with you guys or Colin.
    Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

    ^^^Get used to it.^^^

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,431
    Quote Originally Posted by GridironChamp View Post
    I'm just gonna throw this out there...


    What makes his opinion less reliable/worth while/credible/ect... than any of yours??
    ^My opinion is included in there as well^

    Personally I feel Thomas was a big reach cuz he didnt run routes in college, he
    has questionable hands, and relied mostly on his size/speed to outplay other
    college athletes, that wont happen in the NFL.

    I think Tebow will fail as an NFL QB, so in theory the pick you used on him makes
    it bad... That being said, I still hate Tim Tebow as a QB prospect but he is going
    to work himself to death (literally) to prove me wrong. He is almost worth the risk
    of taking that high because he has proven he will work that hard. The effort
    and time he has put into changing his game is a direct example of that, but
    that is also the reason I think he will fail... Would you draft a RB that had to
    learn to run? What about a WR that had to learn to catch? No, so why a QB
    that has to learn to throw? But again, worth the risk because he will work his
    ass off, only a lot of players were passed on to move up and pick him making
    it still an average to bad pick IMO.

    Beadles was taken about 2 rounds before he should have, but he fills a need
    so not a terrible pick but definitely not a good one.

    Walton, and here is where Denver fans will freak on me, is not that good. He
    went at least a round, more like 2 before he would if the OC class wasnt so
    thin. He does not grade out as 3rd round center. But like Beadles he fills a
    big need and is a lil better so solid pick, not great.

    Decker I really like and think he will be a good player, great pick.

    Cox looked mediocre the last quarter of the season and through all the workouts.
    He has some talent but is by no means a MAJOR steal.


    All in all, it's not a GREAT draft... IMO, but that doesnt mean I'm right or wrong
    just because I disagree with you guys or Colin.


    spoken like a true chief fan......dillusional...

    The only knock on thomas is not running complex route trees in college, his hands are listed as an attribute by every scoutting report I've ever seen, as well as his blocking.

    McD hand crafted a nobody into your QB, Tebow>>>>>>Cassel

    Beadles took knocks when compaired as an LT, but the #2 Guard in the draft where he'll play in the NFL.

    Walton is overrated......ok now you've lost all credibility, look at his blocking statistics in the big 12.



    You're spewing baseless nonsense, that's what the "talking smack" section is for, this is the wrong place.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Dallas, Tx
    Posts
    10,307
    Quote Originally Posted by GridironChamp View Post
    I'm just gonna throw this out there...


    What makes his opinion less reliable/worth while/credible/ect... than any of yours??
    ^My opinion is included in there as well^

    Personally I feel Thomas was a big reach cuz he didnt run routes in college, he
    has questionable hands, and relied mostly on his size/speed to outplay other
    college athletes, that wont happen in the NFL.

    I think Tebow will fail as an NFL QB, so in theory the pick you used on him makes
    it bad... That being said, I still hate Tim Tebow as a QB prospect but he is going
    to work himself to death (literally) to prove me wrong. He is almost worth the risk
    of taking that high because he has proven he will work that hard. The effort
    and time he has put into changing his game is a direct example of that, but
    that is also the reason I think he will fail... Would you draft a RB that had to
    learn to run? What about a WR that had to learn to catch? No, so why a QB
    that has to learn to throw? But again, worth the risk because he will work his
    ass off, only a lot of players were passed on to move up and pick him making
    it still an average to bad pick IMO.

    Beadles was taken about 2 rounds before he should have, but he fills a need
    so not a terrible pick but definitely not a good one.

    Walton, and here is where Denver fans will freak on me, is not that good. He
    went at least a round, more like 2 before he would if the OC class wasnt so
    thin. He does not grade out as 3rd round center. But like Beadles he fills a
    big need and is a lil better so solid pick, not great.

    Decker I really like and think he will be a good player, great pick.

    Cox looked mediocre the last quarter of the season and through all the workouts.
    He has some talent but is by no means a MAJOR steal.


    All in all, it's not a GREAT draft... IMO, but that doesnt mean I'm right or wrong
    just because I disagree with you guys or Colin.
    I hear 'ya. But I guarantee Tebow will be more producive in 2010 than Tyson Jackson was for the Chiefs in 2009.

    You can throw everything out the window when it comes to Tim Tebow. If he was drafted by any other team, the naysayers may be correct- but he wasn't. He was drafted by the Denver Broncos, and that's the best place for him.

    1- Mcd threw the ball 67% of the time last year from shotgun.
    2- Mcd loves to keep his passes under 10 yards.
    3- Mcd loves the FLA spread offense.

    Considering that Mcd turned Matt C. into a 60-million dollar man, a man who never played football in college, imagine what he'll do for the best college football player ever.

    If anyone could get Tebow to excel, and if Tim had any shot at becoming an NFL QB, it was here in DEN. The dude played some nose tackle in high school.... He'll immediately serve as a red zone QB, banging it into the end zone.

    If DEN had a presence like Tebow on the goal line in 2006 & 2009, we make the playoffs.

    As for Thomas.... well taking him over Bryant is another gutsy bet. Sure, that's going out on the limb. But look at the numbers he had with no QB. He did what was asked of him. Like Tebow, he is a big, physical presence. He's also smart. Dez Bryant is dumb and a big off-field risk- hence the gamble.

    The potential upside for Thomas & Tebow is unlimited. This is why they are worth the risk.

    As for Beadles.... Who knows. Mcd obviously loved him. Fine. He gives us depth, and insurance at RT while serving as a back-up G. I totally disagree with you on Walton. The dude played well against SUH, MCCOY, HOUSTON and the rest of the BIG-12 DL. He'll start from Day-1.

    Decker is a steal. Just sit back and watch. Same with Cox.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Kay See Mo
    Posts
    7,888
    Quote Originally Posted by owninit View Post


    spoken like a true chief fan......dillusional...

    The only knock on thomas is not running complex route trees in college, his hands are listed as an attribute by every scoutting report I've ever seen, as well as his blocking.

    McD hand crafted a nobody into your QB, Tebow>>>>>>Cassel

    Beadles took knocks when compaired as an LT, but the #2 Guard in the draft where he'll play in the NFL.

    Walton is overrated......ok now you've lost all credibility, look at his blocking statistics in the big 12.



    You're spewing baseless nonsense, that's what the "talking smack" section is for, this is the wrong place.
    My post belongs in smack? Why because I'm not worshipping McD's draft?

    Again, I'm not saying I'm right I'm telling you my opinion on it. I think your post
    is 10x more "dillusional" than mine, but I'm not going to freak about it like you
    just did. That is my whole point, you for whatever reason think that your
    opinion is the only that matters and everyone who doesnt want to look at the
    draft through orange and blue glasses is wrong. You think all these guys are
    great because McD sees something in them, and there is nothing wrong with
    that at all, but that doesnt make it true.

    Thomas: Every scouting website also said Dez Bryant would go first, they were
    wrong. They said Dan Williams was a top 15 pick, they were wrong. Go pull
    ever tape of GT footage you can find, Thomas doesn't have great hands. He
    is good at going up to get a ball at it's highest point and apparently that equates
    to good hands in your mind. Thomas is a fine WR but better than Bryant or a
    GREAT pick in the late first he is not... IMO.

    I agree that McD made Cassel and that Cassel isnt the greatest... But he is still
    10x more promising as a NFL QB than Tebow looks. As I said, Tebow will try
    harder than anyone else to prove me wrong, which is scary, but I just dont see
    it.

    Beadles is the #2 OG? Ok now seriously...
    He was completely embarrassed at the Senior Bowl at just about everything.
    I would like to know WHAT IN THE HOLY HELL leads you to think he is the #2 OG
    in this draft class. He's not bad, but he was not worth a 2nd round pick esp
    with the people still on the board that were.

    I called the Walton response so I'm not saying anything to that besides this:
    Watching a game > Stats.


    Now, for the third time, why am I spewing garbage? Because I don't agree with
    you even though I have laid my reasons for saying what I did?? Please, go back
    to your etch-a-sketch.
    Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

    ^^^Get used to it.^^^

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Kay See Mo
    Posts
    7,888
    Quote Originally Posted by fraguela09 View Post
    I hear 'ya. But I guarantee Tebow will be more producive in 2010 than Tyson Jackson was for the Chiefs in 2009.
    I would be willing to bet a lot on this.

    Not because Jackson was overly productive, he was actually quite useless IMO,
    but because I dont think Tebow is going to start.

    You can throw everything out the window when it comes to Tim Tebow. If he was drafted by any other team, the naysayers may be correct- but he wasn't. He was drafted by the Denver Broncos, and that's the best place for him.

    1- Mcd threw the ball 67% of the time last year from shotgun.
    2- Mcd loves to keep his passes under 10 yards.
    3- Mcd loves the FLA spread offense.

    Considering that Mcd turned Matt C. into a 60-million dollar man, a man who never played football in college, imagine what he'll do for the best college football player ever.

    If anyone could get Tebow to excel, and if Tim had any shot at becoming an NFL QB, it was here in DEN. The dude played some nose tackle in high school.... He'll immediately serve as a red zone QB, banging it into the end zone.

    If DEN had a presence like Tebow on the goal line in 2006 & 2009, we make the playoffs.
    All of this makes 100% sense i there isn't a lot to disagree about really.
    Do i think Denver makes the playoffs with him last year? No not really.
    Do I think Tebow is better suited as an NFL QB than Cassel? nope.
    Is Denver the best for him? Yeah.

    Only time will tell on Tebow and how hard he is going to try is the only thing
    that makes me not feel 100% confident about him failing. Pretty much any
    other player's heart in Tebow's body would be a bust, but Tebow has more
    heart than all of them so there is a chance.

    As for Thomas.... well taking him over Bryant is another gutsy bet. Sure, that's going out on the limb. But look at the numbers he had with no QB. He did what was asked of him. Like Tebow, he is a big, physical presence. He's also smart. Dez Bryant is dumb and a big off-field risk- hence the gamble.

    The potential upside for Thomas & Tebow is unlimited. This is why they are worth the risk.
    I can see that point to and I agree to an extent, but I don't think either is a great
    pick when you compare risk and reward, value, and who was passed upon. Good,
    solid picks? yes.

    As for Beadles.... Who knows. Mcd obviously loved him. Fine. He gives us depth, and insurance at RT while serving as a back-up G. I totally disagree with you on Walton. The dude played well against SUH, MCCOY, HOUSTON and the rest of the BIG-12 DL. He'll start from Day-1.

    Decker is a steal. Just sit back and watch. Same with Cox.
    I agree on Decker, Cox will play just like a 5th round CB, IMO.



    *Before someone else, not you, freaks out again about my post... I give Denvers
    draft a B so I'm not saying it's bad I'm just saying the ridic amount of hate for
    anyone who disagrees with you guys is insane.*
    Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

    ^^^Get used to it.^^^

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,431
    Quote Originally Posted by GridironChamp View Post
    My post belongs in smack? Why because I'm not worshipping McD's draft?

    Again, I'm not saying I'm right I'm telling you my opinion on it. I think your post
    is 10x more "dillusional" than mine, but I'm not going to freak about it like you
    just did. That is my whole point, you for whatever reason think that your
    opinion is the only that matters and everyone who doesnt want to look at the
    draft through orange and blue glasses is wrong. You think all these guys are
    great because McD sees something in them, and there is nothing wrong with
    that at all, but that doesnt make it true.

    Thomas: Every scouting website also said Dez Bryant would go first, they were
    wrong. They said Dan Williams was a top 15 pick, they were wrong. Go pull
    ever tape of GT footage you can find, Thomas doesn't have great hands. He
    is good at going up to get a ball at it's highest point and apparently that equates
    to good hands in your mind. Thomas is a fine WR but better than Bryant or a
    GREAT pick in the late first he is not... IMO.

    I agree that McD made Cassel and that Cassel isnt the greatest... But he is still
    10x more promising as a NFL QB than Tebow looks. As I said, Tebow will try
    harder than anyone else to prove me wrong, which is scary, but I just dont see
    it.

    Beadles is the #2 OG? Ok now seriously...
    He was completely embarrassed at the Senior Bowl at just about everything.
    I would like to know WHAT IN THE HOLY HELL leads you to think he is the #2 OG
    in this draft class. He's not bad, but he was not worth a 2nd round pick esp
    with the people still on the board that were.

    I called the Walton response so I'm not saying anything to that besides this:
    Watching a game > Stats.


    Now, for the third time, why am I spewing garbage? Because I don't agree with
    you even though I have laid my reasons for saying what I did?? Please, go back
    to your etch-a-sketch.
    yeah your "opininons" are unfounded hence smack...

    Damarius hands

    "Rarely drops a ball within his reach,"
    http://www.newerascouting.com/01/dem...outing-report/


    "He does have good hands"
    http://draftboardinsider.com/cgi-bin...ct.cgi?id=1130



    JD

    Walton is a very good center prospect with the top intangibles you want as a line general at the position. Despite being only 300 pounds, he should hold his own against 3-4 nose tackles because he stays low, is strong, and is very tough. He doesn't have the upside of a Maurkice Pouncey, but he should be a starter early in his career and come off the board in the third round.

    http://walterfootball.com/scoutingre...10jdwalton.php



    Intangibles: Typical mauler inside, giving everything he has on every play. Leader of the offensive line. Just the type of tough, intelligent, durable pivot man NFL teams like.

    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1114124

    Game tape on Walton show's he's a mauler, that finishes blocks.



    It's not that you "disagree" it's that your views to disagree on, are 180 degrees away from what scouting reports say, video says, and logic dictates...

    like i said your posts belong in talking smack...

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    831
    Quote Originally Posted by GridironChamp View Post
    My post belongs in smack? Why because I'm not worshipping McD's draft?

    Again, I'm not saying I'm right I'm telling you my opinion on it. I think your post
    is 10x more "dillusional" than mine, but I'm not going to freak about it like you
    just did. That is my whole point, you for whatever reason think that your
    opinion is the only that matters and everyone who doesnt want to look at the
    draft through orange and blue glasses is wrong. You think all these guys are
    great because McD sees something in them, and there is nothing wrong with
    that at all, but that doesnt make it true.

    Thomas: Every scouting website also said Dez Bryant would go first, they were
    wrong. They said Dan Williams was a top 15 pick, they were wrong. Go pull
    ever tape of GT footage you can find, Thomas doesn't have great hands. He
    is good at going up to get a ball at it's highest point and apparently that equates
    to good hands in your mind. Thomas is a fine WR but better than Bryant or a
    GREAT pick in the late first he is not...
    IMO.

    I agree that McD made Cassel and that Cassel isnt the greatest... But he is still
    10x more promising as a NFL QB than Tebow looks. As I said, Tebow will try
    harder than anyone else to prove me wrong, which is scary, but I just dont see
    it.

    Beadles is the #2 OG? Ok now seriously...
    He was completely embarrassed at the Senior Bowl at just about everything.
    I would like to know WHAT IN THE HOLY HELL leads you to think he is the #2 OG
    in this draft class. He's not bad, but he was not worth a 2nd round pick esp
    with the people still on the board that were.

    I called the Walton response so I'm not saying anything to that besides this:
    Watching a game > Stats.


    Now, for the third time, why am I spewing garbage? Because I don't agree with
    you even though I have laid my reasons for saying what I did?? Please, go back
    to your etch-a-sketch.
    If that is what you think then you should be very happy that we took Thomas. If we had taken Bryant, you would be facing him twice a year

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    142
    The thing I hate about cowherd more than anything else is his SERIOUS East/West coast bias. I ties it to TV ratings, saying that unless new york or LA teams are in the championship of their respective sport, then the sport is somehow hurt by that.

    But somehow, the NFL proves him wrong every single year, as the highest superbowl ratings show up for New Orleans vs Indianapolis, both small market teams.

    Yet he will continue to spew his garbage about large market teams needing to rule the roost. He is not a sports analyst, he is a TV marketing analyst.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Kay See Mo
    Posts
    7,888
    Quote Originally Posted by owninit View Post
    yeah your "opininons" are unfounded hence smack...

    Damarius hands

    "Rarely drops a ball within his reach,"
    http://www.newerascouting.com/01/dem...outing-report/


    "He does have good hands"
    http://draftboardinsider.com/cgi-bin...ct.cgi?id=1130

    Inconsistent hands
    http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2010dthomas.php

    Just read the whole catching section\http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...;pageContainer
    Says what I did, uses his size great but that doesnt mean great hands. Doesnt
    say bad hands but outlines why I think his hands are questionable.

    Will drop some passes
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/Scouti...ius-Thomas.php

    Now can we please quit playing this stupid "This site says this so it must be
    true game" because clearly it works both ways.
    JD

    Walton is a very good center prospect with the top intangibles you want as a line general at the position. Despite being only 300 pounds, he should hold his own against 3-4 nose tackles because he stays low, is strong, and is very tough. He doesn't have the upside of a Maurkice Pouncey, but he should be a starter early in his career and come off the board in the third round.

    http://walterfootball.com/scoutingre...10jdwalton.php



    Intangibles: Typical mauler inside, giving everything he has on every play. Leader of the offensive line. Just the type of tough, intelligent, durable pivot man NFL teams like.

    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1114124

    Game tape on Walton show's he's a mauler, that finishes blocks.
    Again, i'm not going to argue the Walton point because he just happens to be
    one guy I personally believe something different than most people based on being
    in Big XII territory and seeing him play a lot.



    It's not that you "disagree" it's that your views to disagree on, are 180 degrees away from what scouting reports say, video says, and logic dictates...

    like i said your posts belong in talking smack...
    1) Scouting reports say both things.
    2) Video's can support either end.
    3) The logic part is my problem with you and most of the responses in this thread.
    YOUR logic says they are practically god like players, Colin's did not therefor
    he is an idiot. Same goes for me, because when I read all the reports and watch
    the games I did I see something different than what you did you are going insane.

    I dont think it is smack seeming there is plenty of substance to everything i'm
    saying.
    Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

    ^^^Get used to it.^^^

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Kay See Mo
    Posts
    7,888
    Quote Originally Posted by bahn View Post
    If that is what you think then you should be very happy that we took Thomas. If we had taken Bryant, you would be facing him twice a year
    I am quite happy you guys did that, that being said as proven by the last game
    last year as long as any team throws away from Brandon Flowers (at Carr) then
    even Gaffney can have a career game against us.
    Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

    ^^^Get used to it.^^^

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3,233
    Hey Chief's fan, glad to have your imput. I respect your opinion as much as I respect Colin Cowheard's opinion!
    You certainly have a right to your opinion alright. I doubt if you have nearly as much material to study the men Denver drafted this year as Coach McDonald and his staff has to judge this years draft, but you and Cowheard have a right to your opinion.
    I wonder if you can tell me how many seasons out of the last ten years has the Chiefs had a top ten choice in the draft? All these great draft choices and the Chiefs still can't get close to winning half their games in a season and you are bashing some other teams draft???
    You have a right to your opinion and I have a right to mine. In my opinion, it is way too early for ill informed people like you and I to judge any teams draft. My other opinion is that the Chiefs sucked the last few years and will continue to suck the next few years! But, this is only my opinion.


    God Broncos!

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    11,079
    Quote Originally Posted by GridironChamp View Post

    Inconsistent hands
    http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2010dthomas.php

    Just read the whole catching section\http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...;pageContainer
    Says what I did, uses his size great but that doesnt mean great hands. Doesnt
    say bad hands but outlines why I think his hands are questionable.

    Will drop some passes
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/Scouti...ius-Thomas.php

    Now can we please quit playing this stupid "This site says this so it must be
    true game" because clearly it works both ways.

    Again, i'm not going to argue the Walton point because he just happens to be
    one guy I personally believe something different than most people based on being
    in Big XII territory and seeing him play a lot.

    1) Scouting reports say both things.
    2) Video's can support either end.
    3) The logic part is my problem with you and most of the responses in this thread.
    YOUR logic says they are practically god like players, Colin's did not therefor
    he is an idiot. Same goes for me, because when I read all the reports and watch
    the games I did I see something different than what you did you are going insane.

    I dont think it is smack seeming there is plenty of substance to everything i'm
    saying.
    Leave it to a chiefs fan to know a receiver with inconsistent hands when they see one lol. I agree Deamryius has inconsistent hands but so did Marshall and he did amazingly well. He is a speed receiver his job is to stretch the field and make big yardage when he gets the ball. I am well aware he is not that fast but with his size and ability to keep going he demands elite coverage which can make him a great decoy. Decker is our possession receiver who will run routes and will probably be the one we trust with do or die situations.

    Dezmon Briscoe and Danario Alexander are the only ones with his size that even come close after the catch and Briscoe has personality issues and Danario has injury problems.

    As you said Tebow was worth the risk even if it seems questionable but he is a winner he is athletic he is a leader and he has a great arm. Ild rather have him then such an overwhelming #1 pick Russell. Also correct me if I am wrong but the last elite college QB you guys drafted was Backledge 27 years ago and he was a major but and before that Steve Fuller 31 years ago and he sat on the bench the whole time. Heck Ild have to go back to Mike Livingston 42 years ago to even find a QB who can compare as a success. You have no business critiquing our QB's.

    Beadles is one of the few players who could play G and T and was one of the most athletic and skilled that could do this. I think he is better then Ducasse and lets face it O-line ratings are very rarely the best. Joe Hawley was one of the best C/G in the draft captaining one of the best run offenses in football and many had him going in FA but he went in the 4th. People who though this was a reach still said it was a good pick because he was so proven, so then why is Beadles a bad pick when he was just as equally proven against the same opponents.
    Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 04-27-2010 at 11:22 PM.

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,159
    Quote Originally Posted by GridironChamp View Post
    I'm just gonna throw this out there...


    What makes his opinion less reliable/worth while/credible/ect... than any of yours??
    ^My opinion is included in there as well^

    Personally I feel Thomas was a big reach cuz he didnt run routes in college, he
    has questionable hands
    , and relied mostly on his size/speed to outplay other
    college athletes, that wont happen in the NFL.

    I think Tebow will fail as an NFL QB, so in theory the pick you used on him makes
    it bad... That being said, I still hate Tim Tebow as a QB prospect but he is going
    to work himself to death (literally) to prove me wrong. He is almost worth the risk
    of taking that high because he has proven he will work that hard. The effort
    and time he has put into changing his game is a direct example of that, but
    that is also the reason I think he will fail... Would you draft a RB that had to
    learn to run? What about a WR that had to learn to catch? No, so why a QB
    that has to learn to throw? But again, worth the risk because he will work his
    ass off, only a lot of players were passed on to move up and pick him making
    it still an average to bad pick IMO.

    Beadles was taken about 2 rounds before he should have, but he fills a need
    so not a terrible pick but definitely not a good one.

    Walton, and here is where Denver fans will freak on me, is not that good. He
    went at least a round, more like 2 before he would if the OC class wasnt so
    thin. He does not grade out as 3rd round center. But like Beadles he fills a
    big need and is a lil better so solid pick, not great.

    Decker I really like and think he will be a good player, great pick.

    Cox looked mediocre the last quarter of the season and through all the workouts.
    He has some talent but is by no means a MAJOR steal.


    All in all, it's not a GREAT draft... IMO, but that doesnt mean I'm right or wrong
    just because I disagree with you guys or Colin.
    /thread...

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,159
    Quote Originally Posted by Kansas Bob View Post
    H
    I wonder if you can tell me how many seasons out of the last ten years has the Chiefs had a top ten choice in the draft? All these great draft choices and the Chiefs still can't get close to winning half their games in a season and you are bashing some other teams draft???
    Completely irrelevant.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5,001
    thomas would have been a reach at #11, but that is a minor complaint at #22 with an additional first round pick

    can't say i disagree on the beadles statement, but it beats a blocking TE i guess... ? i'm just glad we got some more 300+ lb guys on the o-line

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •