Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 67
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Posts
    8,594
    Quote Originally Posted by KnockoutOrton8 View Post
    Ok looking over my ratings it looks like I got a B- for the actual draft which I am pretty proud of. The overall D- hurts but is understandable since there were no FA moves, but looking just at the draft I agree with a B-. My major reason for upgrading the Secondary with a S and CB is because Bob Sanders is frequently hurt, and Indy didn't have a true shutdown Corner. I also snatched up Dan LeFevour because Curtis Painter is horrible, and I considered him a steal at where I drafted him :salute!:

    You got dinged because the guy who had the team before you didn't participate in Free Agency. It's such a big part of the game, and we really want to have everyone participating, that I couldn't get around punishing those that did not. You drafted for value really well. You just focused on your strongest position area, which was already one of the best secondaries in the NFL. So, when I was grading on the improvement level of the team overall, it was minimal, even though you added some good players.

    So, for the part you were in control for, I felt you drafted good values, but that for a Super Bowl caliber team, you really needed to patch your few glaring holes on the O-line and D-line. Barring injury, you're going to have tremendous secondary guys sitting the bench. Another reason why the secondary was so good was that teams just kept running. They'll do the same thing again with the defense as it is.

    Anyway, you did a solid job once you took over the team. I'm sure they'll have a place for you next year to do it again.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    13,771
    man u go to so much effort, i respect you, tell me how to give CPs and will give some. Good work.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,198
    Tied for the 2nd best score my first time, not too bad. I'm happy with my grade as well. Congrats to the winners.:salute!:
    Made by Houshmazode

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Chattanooga TN
    Posts
    290
    M.U.G., You my friend are a prince among men . Thank you for doing this. I think everyone appreciates you doing this even if they did get a bad grade. I hope you continue to do this
    Proud Sigma Chi at UT Chattanooga

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    1,174
    Thanks MUG for all of your hard work with this game, I think a lot of what we added this year will make the game run so much better as we continue every year.

    And heck ya I will take my share of first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Ringo56; 05-01-2010 at 09:10 AM.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Posts
    8,594
    Really appreciate the kind words fellas. It's a ton of work, but I really enjoy doing it, and it helps keep me informed on the teams and players, which helps with draft projections next year. Anyway, this draft forum community is great, and this is my way of giving back a little bit.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    hampshire,england
    Posts
    12,622
    Good job MUG.

    I would like to do this properly again next season.

    TBH because I took over after FA and the guy before done nothing it kind of limited me.

    To make it worse we (Carolina) had no first round pick.

    So my total involvement was 3 picks LOL

    Anyway, it would be great to do it properly next year

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,444
    Quote Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
    You got dinged because the guy who had the team before you didn't participate in Free Agency. It's such a big part of the game, and we really want to have everyone participating, that I couldn't get around punishing those that did not. You drafted for value really well. You just focused on your strongest position area, which was already one of the best secondaries in the NFL. So, when I was grading on the improvement level of the team overall, it was minimal, even though you added some good players.

    So, for the part you were in control for, I felt you drafted good values, but that for a Super Bowl caliber team, you really needed to patch your few glaring holes on the O-line and D-line. Barring injury, you're going to have tremendous secondary guys sitting the bench. Another reason why the secondary was so good was that teams just kept running. They'll do the same thing again with the defense as it is.

    Anyway, you did a solid job once you took over the team. I'm sure they'll have a place for you next year to do it again.
    Competely understandable MUG, I just appreciate the work that you put into this to make it fun for everybody. Next year (if I'm invited to participate) I'll have a team from Day 1 and should be a lot more active, thanks for making this game so much fun for everybody else man! :salute!:

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,643
    Firstly, Excellent work MUG, it's great to see you put so much effort and dedication into this. Love it.

    Secondly, Woooooo, 1st place, haha awesome. Congrats to the other 2 first place finishers and the rest of the well performing competitors.

    Thirdly, thanks to GB, BTX77, DJ and all other organizers of this game.

    Fourth, thank you to all other competitors for making this and enjoyable experience and I'm looking forward to playing this again next year.

    St. Louis Rams GM

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    107
    wooooooooooow MUG what a great job thanks for all your support im happy with my team and maybe next year i will win, thanks to all for your time and i hope i will see you all next year and remember:go:
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [COLOR="Orange"][SIZE="5"][FONT="Impact"]SIMON SAYS 97.5 SACKS!!![/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    8,791
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukic View Post
    Firstly, Excellent work MUG, it's great to see you put so much effort and dedication into this. Love it.

    Secondly, Woooooo, 1st place, haha awesome. Congrats to the other 2 first place finishers and the rest of the well performing competitors.

    Thirdly, thanks to GB, BTX77, DJ and all other organizers of this game.

    Fourth, thank you to all other competitors for making this and enjoyable experience and I'm looking forward to playing this again next year.
    Exactly what he said. This was my first time doing this and i had a BLAST doing it.

    Thanks a ton MUG, and i really like my grade and will improve on it next year. I want to say one thing about my critique. You said my DL is the same as before i started. How about the aquisition of Aaron Kampman? He was added before the cut. So my starting D would loook like:

    Moss-Knighton-Spears-Kampman
    Smith-Butler-Durant
    Cox-Alexander-Mathis-Murphy

    I really think this D is leaps and bounds ahead of last seasons Jags D.

    But anyway, CP to you MUG for the effort and good times this season. I just hope i can participate next year.
    Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Kansas City Kansas
    Posts
    1,069
    Wow. That is truly awesome work MUG. CP to you!

    P.S. Raiders B = CHAMPIONSHIP!

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Posts
    8,594
    Quote Originally Posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
    Exactly what he said. This was my first time doing this and i had a BLAST doing it.

    Thanks a ton MUG, and i really like my grade and will improve on it next year. I want to say one thing about my critique. You said my DL is the same as before i started. How about the aquisition of Aaron Kampman? He was added before the cut. So my starting D would loook like:

    Moss-Knighton-Spears-Kampman
    Smith-Butler-Durant
    Cox-Alexander-Mathis-Murphy

    I really think this D is leaps and bounds ahead of last seasons Jags D.

    But anyway, CP to you MUG for the effort and good times this season. I just hope i can participate next year.

    For grading purposes, I didn't count the players obtained in real life, just the players you GMs gained/lost since you took the reigns. For team needs, I included them in where I saw potential strengths/weaknesses for the team though.

    Kampman was a nice add by the team, but there are reports he won't be able to play before Week 6. And there are concerns how effective he can even be this year coming off the ACL. I really like Derrick Harvey, but he's solely a run plugger at this point. He seems to have taken the Jamaal Anderson career path. Still, that wouldn't be a bad starting duo if everyone is healthy and you have a pass rush specialist to sub in for Harvey on passing downs.

    You brought in Jarvis Moss, but I don't think he can play in a 43 defense at all. He can't get his weight over 240lbs. So, if he can't even produce as a pass rushing 34 OLB, I think he's about to be out of the NFL. You swapped out Big John for Marcus Spears. I think that's a wash at best as Spears has been a bust in Dallas. Obviously, in RL, the team decided they wanted to use a pure 3 tech next to NT Knighton for pass rush penetration. In my perception, you didn't bring in any pass rushing forces to the D-line at any position.

    I think you improved the LB corps nicely with Butler.

    I don't like moving Mathis to Free Safety. The team is not going to do that. I crushed the Houston GM in large part due to changing the scheme his team runs from a 43 to a 34. Though he said he changed it back in the draft. That was because it was unrealistic. I don't want the game to turn into a fantasy league where schemes are changed and players are moved all over. Mathis is the team's best CB, in a division with Manning and Schaub. It makes zero sense to move him and start a rookie. That doesn't help the team at all. He's also in the last year of his deal. The money at CB is almost twice that at Safety. He'd probably hold out if the team tried to move him at this point, it would cost him millions and millions.

    So, I think the defense was improved a little, but not much. The D-line remained largely the same to me. No depth and no pass rush. If Kampman can't produce effectively due to the ACL, the team is in major trouble. Jarvis is nothing. LB got better. CB got better. Safety wasn't addressed in my opinion outside of emergency depth. Mathis stays at CB. If the team moves him to Safety, I will break my own rule, and come back and personally redo your grade.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Posts
    8,594
    Quote Originally Posted by D_Broncs_913 View Post
    Wow. That is truly awesome work MUG. CP to you!

    P.S. Raiders B = CHAMPIONSHIP!
    Yeah, the entire AFC West performed well. The Raiders should just hire you to run the team.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    6,013
    great job mug. nobody here on this site could have dont it as good as you did. i enjoyed reading all of your comments.


    also
    thank you for giving my chargers a good grade!

    Im proud to finish in first place as a first time GM! This game was a blast and i hope to do it again next year.

    Anyway, looks like my chargers will win the superbowl (in this fantasy game. in real life they will suck ass).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •