Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

A test for Floyd Mayweather.

I got a good test for the "best pound for pound" fighter in boxing.

Lets see how what Floyd calls himself "best in sports" fair against will fighters.

Lets see how Money Mayweather fairs against Anderson Silva or Brock Lesnar.

I wanna see Floyd fight in MMA.

Do any of you guys agree? The guy is calling himself the best fighter in sports so why not fight vs "real" fighters.

No big gloves,no four corners.

I think Floyd would get his tail whipped in a MMA fight.

But lets see Floyd fight a real mans fight in the octagon.

Silva v.

Floyd

I wanna see it.

Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

Im sorry, but MMA sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by TheQBGuru View Post
    Im sorry, but MMA sucks.
    What are you smoking?

MMA is a good stress reliever. I've been fight for a year in a half its mega fun,watching is good to.
    It also depends on who you see fighting, I would think UFC over boxing any day of the week,month,year.

Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

Yeah I dont think that would be a fair fight for Mayweather. He probably is a better striker than most, if not all, MMA fighters. But he would get destroyed simply because he would not know how to counter a ground attack. He has no experience grappling so he probably wouldnt fare to well.
    LET 'ER BUCK!!!
    Adopted by: Peanut, Chazoe60, CanDB, RealBronco and JakeNbake

1) Pound for pound means his skill paired with his size is better than anyone else.
    Thus fighting Silva or Brock would be completely retarded seeming they both
    would make him look like a dwarf. If you want him to have an MMA fight he would
    fight someone like Jose Aldo (He would actually fight someone from WEC cuz
    in his last fight Mayweather weighed in at 147 and 155 is as low as UFC goes).

2) Granted Aldo would still smash him, but had you given Mayweather 10+ years
    of mma training and not boxing he would probably be EXTREMELY good. It's like
    saying have Aldo go box Mayweather, it'd just be stupid.

You can't compare boxers to mma fighters in a sense of fighting each other, it just
    cant be done.
    Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
    What are you smoking?

MMA is a good stress reliever. I've been fight for a year in a half its mega fun,watching is good to.
    It also depends on who you see fighting, I would think UFC over boxing any day of the week,month,year.
    Let me guess, you were a Language Arts professor before you started doing MMA.

Either that or perhaps you should answer your own question.

Thats never gonna happen for 1. Dana white would not allow it and 2. Floyd is a little girl and knows deep down vs a true fighter he would lose, main reason he didnt want to fight pacquiao. 3. Sorta unfair for the simple fact put any boxer in the octogan and they will all get beat down.

Team Tebow #267

i love anderson silva hes my favorite fighter of all time but cmon you serious?

if the spider could get a hold of mayweather he would rip him into peaces.

Anderson Silva has legitimate one punch knockout power. he would fook him up bad.

where about to find out how a boxer fares against an mma fighter at UFC 118

James Toney is going to fight Randy Couture

Instead of putting a boxer in an MMA ring why not put an MMA fighter in a boxing ring?

I wonder who'd win then?

Yeah, I'm not sure how Floyd Mayweather claiming to be the pound for pound king (which he has a legitimate claim) has anything to do with mixed martial arts.

With that said, the reason I want to see Mayweather step into the octagon is because of how much trash he talks regarding MMA. I'm a fan of combat sports in general. I love boxing, MMA, K1, pure grappling matches, and anything in between.

I'd pay to see Mayweather take just one leg kick from someone like Thiago Alves or Jose Aldo. For someone that's never been kicked, or knows how to check it, you won't be able to walk for the rest of the day.

Still, this thread is a little ridiculous.
    Power is not revealed by striking hard or often, but by striking true.

It is men who endure toil and dare danger that achieve glorious deeds, and it is a wonderful thing to live with courage and to die leaving behind an everlasting renown.

Quote Originally Posted by TheQBGuru View Post
    Im sorry, but MMA sucks.
    Im with the new guy on this one

Ive got no problem with MMA. In fact ive seen a couple matches where ive been left going .

But it just doesnt seem to have the same artistry that boxing had in its heyday. I mean you hear guys talk about how they saw Ali fight and it was like watching a ballet or something. It just seems boxing has more art and mastery to it. Whereas MMA just seems to be two guys kicking the crap out of each other most of the time. Which thats not to say its not bad, but I could probably go to downtown Phx to see that.

Like I dont know if I see someone 50 years down the road sitting their grandson on their lap and saying "Son, watching Couture in that fight against "whoever" was etc." like you hear some older guys talk about Ali and such today.

But thats just my humble opinion. No disrespect intended to the sport or its fans. :salute!:
    LET 'ER BUCK!!!
    Adopted by: Peanut, Chazoe60, CanDB, RealBronco and JakeNbake

Quote Originally Posted by Tarquin View Post
    Let me guess, you were a Language Arts professor before you started doing MMA.

Either that or perhaps you should answer your own question.
    Well if I was a professor I would be one damn smart 18yr old.

Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

Quote Originally Posted by jc13 View Post
    i love anderson silva hes my favorite fighter of all time but cmon you serious?

if the spider could get a hold of mayweather he would rip him into peaces.

Anderson Silva has legitimate one punch knockout power. he would fook him up bad.

where about to find out how a boxer fares against an mma fighter at UFC 118

James Toney is going to fight Randy Couture
    Thats a massacre.
    The only edge for Toney is Randy's age,Couture is a all out animal.

Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneDovs View Post
    Ive got no problem with MMA. In fact ive seen a couple matches where ive been left going .

But it just doesnt seem to have the same artistry that boxing had in its heyday. I mean you hear guys talk about how they saw Ali fight and it was like watching a ballet or something. It just seems boxing has more art and mastery to it. Whereas MMA just seems to be two guys kicking the crap out of each other most of the time. Which thats not to say its not bad, but I could probably go to downtown Phx to see that.

Like I dont know if I see someone 50 years down the road sitting their grandson on their lap and saying "Son, watching Couture in that fight against "whoever" was etc." like you hear some older guys talk about Ali and such today.

But thats just my humble opinion. No disrespect intended to the sport or its fans. :salute!:
    I definitely respect your opinion, and can agree with you to a certain extent.

Most people, especially the casual viewer, generally won't be able to see a lot of the more intricate parts of mixed martial arts. One of the most famous fights, Griffin vs Bonnar, was basically just a brawl that didn't display a lot of technique, and I think there's where some of the perspective comes from.

Brazilian jiu jitsu is literally one of the most complex martial arts in existence. A lot of people look at it and say "oh, that's two guys hugging" when it couldn't be farther from the truth. You constantly have to think two steps ahead of your opponent. If you watch a high level grappling match, like something that takes place at ADCC, you'll see more of the 'artistic' side.

Or a fighter with more refined stand up technique. Mirko Cro Cop, during his run in pride, was amazing to watch. Powerful, powerful kicks. Lyoto Machida's defensive abilities, Anderson Silva's stunning precision. MMA is still in it's infancy, far from a finished product, it's just something to remember.
    Power is not revealed by striking hard or often, but by striking true.

It is men who endure toil and dare danger that achieve glorious deeds, and it is a wonderful thing to live with courage and to die leaving behind an everlasting renown.