Surprise Surprise Scheffler Injured AGAIN!

I know he is no longer a Bronco, however with how he left town I felt this was still worth mentioning.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...lter_teams=DET

Lions TE Tony Scheffler was sporting a walking boot on his right leg as he was held out of Thursday's OTAs.
    Both Scheffler and Jim Schwartz downplayed the injury. "He'll probably be back soon," said Schwartz. "Nothing big. Just a little bit of irritation." Scheffler deemed the boot "just a precautionary deal." The Lions didn't give an exact timetable for his return, but it sounds like he'll be cleared to practice in time for June OTAs.

Tony Scheffler (foot) is being held out of OTAs again this week.
    Coach Jim Scwhartz indicated last week that the Lions were simply being cautious with Scheffler's foot, but surely he'd be out there to learn the offense if he was just nicked up. We're keeping an eye on Scheffler's foot to make sure this doesn't become a lingering injury.

^^^ News Flash for this writer and Lions fans...This is ALREADY a lingering injury. He has always had problems with his lower legs. I remember awhile back he was in a walking boot for a long time when he was with us. Seriously has he ever had an injury free off season? In his young 5 year career he has played in one full 16 game season which was in 2007. Other than that he is a pretty safe bet to miss at least a couple games a season.

I'm just glad we were able to move Scheffler who is basically an injury waiting to happen with a bad attitude and in exchange received Perish Cox. A huge steal in this draft and potentially one of our Starting CB's of the future with great return abilities as well! Just another great move by McDaniels and the front office!
    http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/rr93/xgcadam/JakesSig1.png

Quote Originally Posted by Caliraiderhater View Post
    I know he is no longer a Bronco, however with how he left town I felt this was still worth mentioning.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...lter_teams=DET

Lions TE Tony Scheffler was sporting a walking boot on his right leg as he was held out of Thursday's OTAs.
    Both Scheffler and Jim Schwartz downplayed the injury. "He'll probably be back soon," said Schwartz. "Nothing big. Just a little bit of irritation." Scheffler deemed the boot "just a precautionary deal." The Lions didn't give an exact timetable for his return, but it sounds like he'll be cleared to practice in time for June OTAs.

Tony Scheffler (foot) is being held out of OTAs again this week.
    Coach Jim Scwhartz indicated last week that the Lions were simply being cautious with Scheffler's foot, but surely he'd be out there to learn the offense if he was just nicked up. We're keeping an eye on Scheffler's foot to make sure this doesn't become a lingering injury.

^^^ News Flash for this writer and Lions fans...This is ALREADY a lingering injury. He has always had problems with his lower legs. I remember awhile back he was in a walking boot for a long time when he was with us. Seriously has he ever had an injury free off season? In his young 5 year career he has played in one full 16 game season which was in 2007. Other than that he is a pretty safe bet to miss at least a couple games a season.

I'm just glad we were able to move Scheffler who is basically an injury waiting to happen with a bad attitude and in exchange received Perish Cox. A huge steal in this draft and potentially one of our Starting CB's of the future with great return abilities as well! Just another great move by McDaniels and the front office!
    Well we atleast got great value for him allowing us to get Cox for little to nothing. I honestly think Cox was the best CB in that draft aside from kyle Wilson maybe. Its good to get 1st round talent for absolutely nothing :salute!:

But we should have gotten a 2nd round pick for him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I left a redirect in GD... but yeah.
    Thanks, Reid!

Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Like I say over and over again....

I never disliked Scheffler. In fact, I liked the guy. It was fun watching him streak down the field with a linebacker eating his dust.

It was fun seeing him hurdle over players.

It was fun watching him show off his bad ass tattoo.

With that said, he is made up of a glassgina, and it will continue to hurt his playing time/career.

I agree with Peerless. I always liked Scheffler and his big plays. He creates a lot of mismatches. But he is often injured and he does not like to block. I understand Richard Quinn might not become a receiving threat for us, but at least I expect him to be that big, physical tight end providing key blocks and catching a pass here and there.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

I liked Scheffler when he was here..

I liked watching him destroy linebackers/safeties over the middle.

Matchup nightmare to cover, but he always had injuries..

Quinn may not be a great pass catching tight end, but he can block and do it well..

I'm very glad we got Perrish Cox for him, one of the top 3-4 corners in the draft and possibly one of our future corners, could be Champ's replacement.

I liked him, and he does create some match up problems, but he's a situational guy at best.

Kind of like a DH, that strikes out 80% of the time, but the 20% he hits are pretty fun to watch.

Anyone who considers him one of the 3 best players on the broncos team, never watched a game though.

Scheff and I had the same alumni, I always thought that was kind of cool. :go:
    [B]Haters gonna hate[/B]

Not saying anyone is, but I won't revel in Scheffler's injuries down the line as a positive thing for the Broncos. I hope he remains healthy and has a great career in Detroit, he was a Broncos draftee after all! :go:

Quote Originally Posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    I liked Scheffler when he was here..

Matchup nightmare to cover, but he always had injuries..

Quinn may not be a great pass catching tight end, but he can block and do it well..

I'm very glad we got Perrish Cox for him, one of the top 3-4 corners in the draft and possibly one of our future corners, could be Champ's replacement.
    just like daniel graham

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
    Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

except daniel graham is 100 years old

scheffler is soft. he always has been. go figure he throws a wannabe superstar hissy fit after his first full healthy season

Question As in ...

Quote Originally Posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    ... blocking?

Can you tell me what game to rewatch? Think I missed it. Would love to see TS doing a great blocking job.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Scheffler has the worst ability to heal of any NFL player I have seen. With an injury like this I wouldnt be shocked if he comes back after the real star TE of the Lions does.

Quote Originally Posted by lolcopter View Post
    except daniel graham is 100 years old
    31 (32 in November) is old? For a blocking TE? C'mon....

Age is nothing for a TE. Hell look how well Shannon Sharpe played in his final years in the NFL. Look at Tony Gonzalez still going hard.

Daniel Graham may be an 'older' player on offense, but he has a ton of game (big blocking) left in him.