View Poll Results: Will Moreno be Better, the Same or Worse this season?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Knowshon will breakout and be a legit RB star this year

63 80.77%
  • We saw the best of his ability, and shouldn't expect anything more or less

14 17.95%
  • He overachieved and we shouldn't expect the production we got last year

1 1.28%
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Should we expect Moreno to be better, the same or worse?

I fully believe with the additions we made to our offensive line (Walton, Beadles) Moreno will be a flat out playmaker this season! I also think if we use Tebow in goal to go sets Moreno will have a very good amount of TD's because defenses will have to respect his ability to throw & run.

I still can't believe how some people are so hard on him. Lets look back at his rookie season...

He came out of college after only 2 seasons, making him a very young very raw player

He had to learn a new playbook which is considered difficult even by NFL standards

He didn't get his contract signed and missed rookie mini camp and some of training camp

He got nicked up in pre season and I believe was dealing with that Injury the whole season, which hampered his ability to be explosive.

His offensive line which was built for a zone blocking scheme was trying to power block.

His starting LG weighed in at 290 lbs < Thats a guy who every play takes on players weighing in at 300 lbs minimum

His starting C weighed in at 285 lbs < a guy who is responsible for taking on the NT against 3-4 defenses who usually weigh in at 320+

His bookend RT was injured less than half way through the season.

His RT replacement Polumbus was god awful and acted more like a detour sign for opposing DE's and LB's to the RB or QB instead of a dead end sign .

He had a starting QB who could not throw the deep ball, allowing the opposing defense to stack the box with 8+ defenders because they didn't respect our deep passing game.

AND HE STILL had the 10th most broken tackles among all NFL RB's.

He led all rookie RBs in yards with 947 (only 63 yards short of a 1,000 yard season) and was tied with Wells (another first round RB) for TD's with 7

He added over 200+ yards through the air with 2 more TD's

Knowshon will be fine!

If you disagree with me I completely understand you have your own opinion, please respectfully fill me in on why you believe this!
    Last edited by Caliraiderhater; 06-01-2010 at 03:47 PM.
    http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/rr93/xgcadam/JakesSig1.png

I'm definitely expecting him to be better. Word from camp is that he seems to be running more on instinct now instead of having to think about where to run. This is going to make him be able to react faster, hit the hole with more explosion, and give us some nice runs.

Some of the best runs he had last year were just on pure instinct. Like the one against the Giants where he spun out of two tackles in the backfield, or against the Skins when he juked Andre Carter behind the LOS and then rumbled down the field for a nice gain, or against the Pats in overtime when he juked Meriweather out of his socks for a big gain.

Hopefully we'll see more of that, and less of him jumping in the hole to remember where he should be going.

better, easily

He will be better if we prove we have at least something close to decent through the air.

He had issues with his vision as well as the blocking. This will improve... hopefully he will be healthier this year, and Buck won't go down too soon.

He had a good Rookie campaign, and was maligned for not having 1300 yds.

There's no reason to believe he won't improve this year.
    Thanks, Reid!

Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Better by a long shot....revamp O line...second year in the system...rookie butterflies gone...yeah...this is his year.
    Disclamer: Anything stated by Hippie Guy is meant to be sarcasm and should not be construed as or mistaken for anything serious.

I think that statistically he is going to be worse... But a better player. I think the lack of a passing game and an inexperienced oline are really going to work against him. I think 2011 is when we are going to see the player that we have
    Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pride

He should be far better. We beefed up the O-Line, he'll be prepared for the grind of a full season, and he has another year in the system. As long as everyone stays relativley healthy I expect him to break 1,000 yards easily.

Quote Originally Posted by japfaff View Post
    I think that statistically he is going to be worse... But a better player. I think the lack of a passing game and an inexperienced oline are really going to work against him. I think 2011 is when we are going to see the player that we have
    Odd that you say that considering your Sig
    Disclamer: Anything stated by Hippie Guy is meant to be sarcasm and should not be construed as or mistaken for anything serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Hippie Guy View Post
    Odd that you say that considering your Sig
    My sig is a joke.... i think that it is funny cause everyone always gives me crap like "why do you hate on him...did he take your gf or something"

I actually think that he will be better, stats...Well those are out of his control
    Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pride

Quote Originally Posted by japfaff View Post
    My sig is a joke.... i think that it is funny cause everyone always gives me crap like "why do you hate on him...did he take your gf or something"

I actually think that he will be better, stats...Well those are out of his control

Ok...that makes sense then...I do appreciate the humor in that BTW...I LOL'ed the first time I read your sig.

Now that I look back on some of your post you DO seem to like KM...but like me..are expecting better things from him.

He could have a breakout year...if he does what he is supposed to do...and if he gets help from the line and the rest of the O.

I don't see how his stats could be worse (unless he were to get injured *knock on wood)

We ran a ton with the whole power scheme, with a bunch of non power blockers.

Our O-line looks a ton better (even with Clady being hurt at the moment). Good-bye Ben Hamilton and Casey Wiegmann. They were just too weak at the point of attack.

One year is under his belt, and that is huge. He knows the speed of the game, and hopefully he'll be better at reading holes. I also think he'll be in better shape...

I don't see him to lead the league in rushing, but I do expect to have a better statistical year.
    Last edited by Peerless; 06-01-2010 at 02:54 PM.

Frankly I dont see why everyone is so high on this guy, however i do hope he can stay on his feet this year and run for some yards rather than stumble for 4.

I expect him to be better this year but not a legit star RB.

Definitely better. BUT- The oline has to come together...I think it will happen. I love JD. Love what he is going to bring to the table for us this year. But Japaff made some valid points about question marks with injuries and such.

While I think the OL will be fine it still is a slight worry. Assuming harris and clady are fine then Knowshon will BEAST out!

I expect somewhere around 1200 rush and another 350-400 through the air.

Just watch though. The last 6 games of the season we will win out and he will be on fire!
    For now....
    1. Reuben Badass LB; 2. Joe Mixon RB; 3. Jake Butt TE; 3B Sid Jones DB; 4. Bucky Hoges TE; 6. Ryan Switzer WR. Trade for Sheldon Richardson.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderFanSD View Post
    I expect him to be better this year but not a legit star RB.
    Atleast not yet.