View Poll Results: Will Moreno be Better, the Same or Worse this season?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Knowshon will breakout and be a legit RB star this year

63 80.77%
  • We saw the best of his ability, and shouldn't expect anything more or less

14 17.95%
  • He overachieved and we shouldn't expect the production we got last year

1 1.28%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderFanSD View Post
    Yeah right, Charles is the best back in this division hands down. All while running behind a crap O-line he managed a 5.9 YPC & got over 1000 in like 8 games.
    I think its debatable wether hes THE best RB in the divison because we have yet to see Mathews play and Moreno is coming into his next year. Bush should show we he has to with Oakland. I think Charles is defintely going to be one of the best in NFL as well as Moreno possibly in 2-3 years. Not talking about top 3 RBs but top 10 atleast. Just imagine in about 5 years from now, we can have some of the best RBs in the NFL coming from our divison. AFC West could be known for young RB studs.

Quote Originally Posted by noobius View Post
    Just wondering, where did you hear this?

Mike Klis of the Denver Post has issued a "fantasy alert" on Knowshon Moreno, who has demonstrated "greater explosion and freelance running" this offseason.

Klis believes Moreno's biggest problem as a rookie was "running a little too much on coach’s instruction instead of instinct." Now that he's mastered the playbook, Moreno is running more freely and hitting holes with more decisiveness. Klis also believes the situational threat of Tim Tebow at the goal-line could open up more holes for Moreno to score.
    http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...rt=NFL&id=5163

Quote Originally Posted by japfaff View Post
    This is something that i think that a lot of people are over looking..... The "Patriot" O tends to begin to neglect the rb after awhile.... Will this happen here? I do not know. But remember malronney had a rookie year similar the #27, and seemed to be phased out of the plans...... Of course round the same time they went and got themselves Moss and Welker.......
    Corey Dillon had huge numbers for them at one point, I just think they never really had a good RB once he retired.

One thing a lot of people forget is that Moreno came out after his sophomore year, a year earlier than most RB's. We drafted him when he was 20. Anybody remember a few years back when everybody was making a huge deal that Amobi Okoye was being drafted at the age of 19?

This guy should have been running over college DB's and LB's in 09 for another 1500 yard season in the SEC, but instead he's going against Ray Lewis and Ed Reed

If he had stayed another year and racked up another 1500 yards, he would have been gone very high in this draft, and probably would have had a better rookie season than he did with us in 09.

I think it was definitely a mistake by him to leave early, but I'm glad we made it and ended up snagging him

Quote Originally Posted by Hoserman117 View Post
    Corey Dillon had huge numbers for them at one point, I just think they never really had a good RB once he retired.
    True...he did
    Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pride

One thing a lot of people forget is that Moreno came out after his sophomore year, a year earlier than most RB's. We drafted him when he was 20. Anybody remember a few years back when everybody was making a huge deal that Amobi Okoye was being drafted at the age of 19?

This guy should have been running over college DB's and LB's in 09 for another 1500 yard season in the SEC, but instead he's going against Ray Lewis and Ed Reed

If he had stayed another year and racked up another 1500 yards, he would have been gone very high in this draft, and probably would have had a better rookie season than he did with us in 09.

I think it was definitely a mistake by him to leave early, but I'm glad we made it and ended up snagging him
    Cant use that excuss. he choose to come out. And comparing a 20 year old Rb to a 19 year old DT....Way different ball game...... Either way the guy just has to play better in every phase of his game...

Quote Originally Posted by japfaff View Post
    Cant use that excuss. he choose to come out. And comparing a 20 year old Rb to a 19 year old DT....Way different ball game...... Either way the guy just has to play better in every phase of his game...
    I never said it was an excuse, I said it's a reason for us to expect a good year from him.

I never said it was an excuse, I said it's a reason for us to expect a good year from him.
    cause he is a year older? Ever hear of a sophomore slump? It didn't get that name for no reason....

Well after seeing how Jamaal Charles played last year, I'd say that it is very possible. And not only Charles, But Ray Rice too. So i ask why not Knowshon?.
    HE>i

I think he will be better since we did improve on the OL during the offseason.

The issue last year was the team could not block crap for the guy.

Overall he will be I top back this year.

Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

Broncos RB Moreno shows improvement

Didn't see this article elsewhere.
    You Tell 'em Justice is coming. You tell 'em I'M coming!

Can you post it for people that aren't registered?

Quote Originally Posted by noobius View Post
    Can you post it for people that aren't registered?
    Sure. BTW, registration is free. Here's the article.

Wesley Woodyard shared a little secret regarding Broncos running back Knowshon Moreno.

NFL practices are often kept secret from the public. Teams don't sell tickets. The media usually aren't allowed to observe.

But practice is often where a player makes his move toward a roster spot, toward a depth-chart promotion, toward improvement. There is even speculation the move toward greatness starts with practice.

As someone who is in on the Broncos' secret practices, Woodyard, a third-year linebacker and special- teams leader, sent along a privileged anecdote that suggests Moreno will be a much-improved running back in 2010.

"I will say this is the first time he's beaten me several times in one-on-one tackle drills," Woodyard said. "I think he's more comfortable with himself. He's playing faster. It's a big difference with him."

There is perhaps no greater backhanded compliment than to offer how one has improved. Moreno wasn't bad as a rookie last year, rushing for 947 yards, catching 28 passes and scoring nine touchdowns.

But Moreno also fell short of the lofty expectations that accompany a No. 12 overall draft pick. He averaged only 3.8 yards per carry, including a get-the-punt-team-ready 2.7 rush average during the team's season-ending, four-game losing streak.

And so as Moreno prepares for his second NFL season, there is room for improvement.

"I'm definitely more comfortable," he said. "Last year, everything was moving so fast. You had to stay on top of that, remember this, do this. Now it all comes back to you. You just get into a flow, and you can start to flow now instead of thinking."

Think body parts of a running back and there are thoughts of churning legs, fancy feet, shifty hips, maybe powerful shoulders. But running backs also have brains, sometimes to their detriment.

There is part of the brain that thinks about coaches' instruction and remembering the playbook.

"I

felt that a little bit last year," Moreno said. "I was just trying to make sure I was right."

There is another part of the brain that can absorb an assignment without thinking about it. Freed of thought, instincts send signals to a running back's feet, legs and hips.

Run, Knowshon, run.

Maybe that's why running backs such as Emmitt Smith and Walter Payton also averaged less than 4.0 yards per carry as rookies, only to finish as the top two running backs in NFL history.

"This year I feel like I'm out there letting it all out," Moreno said. "I'm loose."

And it shows, if only to those let in on the secret of practice. Soon enough, all will see what Moreno feels, and what his coaches and teammates can see. The Broncos begin their preseason schedule Aug. 15 at Cincinnati and their regular season Sept. 12 at Jacksonville.

"He's doing a really nice job of carrying out his assignments in every aspect of his game," Broncos coach Josh McDaniels said.

"He's been impressive in terms of his pass protection, which as a rookie he could do it, but it wasn't always consistent. Now it's been pretty consistent.

"He gets open and he catches the ball in the passing game on a regular basis, daily, and should be an impact player in the passing game for us. He's in his second year, and he knows more what to do. We're expecting a good year from him in a lot of different ways."

Besides eliminating arresting thought, Moreno has improved physically.

He has added two pounds, all seemingly in shoulder muscle, from his 210-pound playing weight of last season. And remember, he suffered a knee injury on his second preseason carry last year and wasn't 100 percent recovered until close to midseason.

He'll also be running behind a larger offensive line. Currently, 14 of the 15 offensive linemen on the Broncos' roster weigh at least 300 pounds. Better for a Moreno mash of a 1-yard on third-and-inches.

"It's definitely a big emphasis," Moreno said. "You've got to keep that drive going. You can't go back to the sideline after third-and-inches."

Better, perhaps, for Moreno to run free at the beginning of his run, so he can record a few more runs of 20-plus yards.

"It is a little beefy up there," Moreno said. "But they're moving too. It's not like it's beefy and sluggish to their spot. Those big boys are moving."

Removed is the hefty hype Moreno lugged into last season as a highly touted rookie. It's just football this year. Healthy, uninhibited, free-wheeling, running-free football.

"I haven't noticed him getting yelled at by any of the coaches, telling him he needs to run this route or whatever," Woodyard said. "He's out there telling other people what to do, so that's always a positive sign."

Some secrets are better off told.

Mike Klis: 303-954-1055 or mklis@denverpost.com
    You Tell 'em Justice is coming. You tell 'em I'M coming!

I have that feeling that Knowshon will be the breakout player.

Good read ...Thats my biggest questions and concerns going into the season ...

How will the new OL mesh with each other and new scheme and how will Moreno benefit because of it and being in his 2nd year adjusting to the speed of the game..I thought everything about the offense last year was serviceable but lackluster and I hope to see what we can think of as improvements in any of the areas of offense blocking,running,passing ...

I would imagine that a lot of us biggest question or concern going into the season would be the play and production of the QB position and even though I don't really agree with any of the QB's that McD has choosen so far after watching Orton put up 3.8 last year I believe the QB position and production in the passing game is McD bread and butter so I'm not so much worried about it ...

Regardless of who the QB is ...