Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 34
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Medford, MA
    Posts
    6,354

    Hawks Win Hawks Win.......

    The Flyers were gutsy and played their hearts out but the team that had 30 more reg season points outlasted them.

    I am happy for my uncle from Chicago and I am a psuedo fan as well.

    Kane is a great player and was rewarded with the Cup winning goal.

    Congrats to Towes on the Conn Smythe trophy

    Best jersey in the NHL by far.

    Glad a former Cane contributed to the win as well.....

    Ladd with a nice tip in

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,245
    Im missing the news damn it they should of televised it on VS like they have been JK
    Last edited by MNBroncs85; 06-09-2010 at 08:33 PM.


    Raiders @ Broncos 9-30-12

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Denver, Colorado, United States
    Posts
    21,841
    Kaner had an AMAZING game winning goal.

    Joel Quenneville finally gets his cup as a Head Coach.


    Scariest part? The Hawks are YOUNG.

    Hooray, beer!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    9,642
    YEAHHHHHH! Philly can cry.
    Now to watch the Pengs come back and win it next year. (JK, but maybe!)

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Appleton, WI
    Posts
    6,218
    Jeremy Roenick crying in the announce booth shows just how much winning the Cup means to Chicago.

    Adopted Posters:
    Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
    Adopted By:
    Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
    Broncbeat

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    1,571
    Quote Originally Posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    Kaner had an AMAZING game winning goal.

    Joel Quenneville finally gets his cup as a Head Coach.


    Scariest part? The Hawks are YOUNG.
    I'm not much of a hockey guy but shouldn't that shot have been saved? Looked relatively easy to me. Well compared to some of those saves those great goalies make.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Denver, Colorado, United States
    Posts
    21,841
    Quote Originally Posted by Kno-Sean View Post
    I'm not much of a hockey guy but shouldn't that shot have been saved? Looked relatively easy to me. Well compared to some of those saves those great goalies make.
    He threaded the needle right under Leighton's pads. It was brilliant.

    Leighton did all he could to get down, but the perfect shot beats the perfect save 9 out of 10 times.

    Hooray, beer!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    32,055
    Like the Hawks. Lots of local talent, including Toews and Keith, both from Winnipeg. I may even slip over to my old community club to see the Cup when Toews brings it home.

    I knew this team was going to be good, when they started to draft good player after good player a few years back.

    The future looks really bright with Toews, Kane, Keith, Seabrook and on and on.......


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    5,525
    Posts
    8,786
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Like the Hawks. Lots of local talent, including Toews and Keith, both from Winnipeg. I may even slip over to my old community club to see the Cup when Toews brings it home.

    I knew this team was going to be good, when they started to draft good player after good player a few years back.

    The future looks really bright with Toews, Kane, Keith, Seabrook and on and on.......

    Here's the question for you Can... Would you touch the Cup if given the opportunity?
    *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women***

    Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    1,187
    Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy180 View Post
    Here's the question for you Can... Would you touch the Cup if given the opportunity?
    No way. You gotta earn that opportunity.
    Adopted 2010 Bronco: Chris Kuper
    Adopted 2011 Bronco: Brian Dawkins

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,707
    Wow........just wow, what a year, what a ride.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    32,055
    Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy180 View Post
    Here's the question for you Can... Would you touch the Cup if given the opportunity?
    Hey Frenchy.......I would definitely touch the cup if I had a chance. I played a lot of hockey in my life, so why not???

    I was very fortunate after the 2006 Winter Olympics when the female star of the games - Cindy Klassen (from Winnipeg), visited our workplace with her medals. She came there because my company sponsors her.

    Anyway, Cindy won 5 medals at those games in speed skating, and we were allowed to touch some of her medals.

    SO.....it turns out 3 of the Hawks are from Winnipeg as well (Toews, Keith and Sharp - I forgot Sharp had local roots), therefore I figure I'm in for a legit Stanley Cup touch.......we'll find out when I see Jonathan when he brings the trophy to his old community.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    32,055
    Quote Originally Posted by broncsfan21 View Post
    No way. You gotta earn that opportunity.
    sorry....see my response to Frenchy's question above......if I get the chance I'm touching that big shiny beast of a trophy!!!!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,245
    I still say the Olympic hockey was 10X better


    Raiders @ Broncos 9-30-12

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    1,187
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    sorry....see my response to Frenchy's question above......if I get the chance I'm touching that big shiny beast of a trophy!!!!
    I wasn't speaking for you, sorry if it came across that way. I was just voicing my own opinion.

    I mean, if i had the chance to touch the lombardi trophy, i would, but a new one of those is cranked out every year. But to me, the Stanley Cup is the holy grail of trophies, their is only one, and when you win it, your name is on it forever. So to touch it, you need to have earned it.

    But thats just me, I can totally see why other people would want to touch it, I just have my own set of rules for myself.
    Adopted 2010 Bronco: Chris Kuper
    Adopted 2011 Bronco: Brian Dawkins

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •