Video Clips on Broncos' website.

Maybe I'm the only one, because I have terrible speakers, but does anyone else have a problem hearing the questions being posed to the players and coaches a lot of times? It drives me crazy. I hear an answer, and have to channel Sherlock Holmes to figure out what the hell the question was. Come on! I have a phone that can take send, and receive pictures all while conferencing three people on a phone call AND streaming a video at the same time and we can't get a mic passed around at the after practice pressers?
    Last edited by Peanut; 11-23-2013 at 11:24 PM.
    All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

Quote Originally Posted by Letswinplz77 View Post
    Maybe I'm the only one, because I have terrible speakers, but does anyone else have a problem hearing the questions being posed to the players and coaches a lot of times? It drives me crazy. I hear an answer, and have to channel Sherlock Holmes to figure out what the hell the question was. Come on! I have a phone that can take send, and receive pictures all while conferencing three people on a phone call AND streaming a video at the same time and we can't get a mic passed around at the after practice pressers?
    I have the same problem its frustrating to watch the press confrences on the website and not know what the questions being asked.
    Last edited by Peanut; 11-23-2013 at 11:24 PM.
    https://cdn2.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/s4pltBb35iBlrpYyfA6PTSXU4bI=/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/2924184/cj.0.gif

Send to the feedback section . . .

Gray Caldwell actually responds to stuff on these boards. So send your suggestion (that they put a mic among the reporters so we can hear the questions) to the feedback section in these forums. Be nice about it and Gray might actually respond. In the past he has been extremely responsive to fan feedback. Just a suggestion.
    Remember: If you dont feed the trolls - they will go away! Neither logic nor a compelling argument will make a difference.

For a short time they started to increase the gain on the mics during the questions (you could tell because the background noise of the AC etc was increased by a substantial amount) then switched it back to normal right before the player/coach responded. I'm not sure why they stopped doing this but it was a sweet time for Bronco TV.
    [FONT="Arial Black"]Team Tebow Member -1[/FONT]

I mentioned it once in the feedback section once, especially in the press conferences because you can rarely hear the reporters quesions, only the responses, it's annoying, but it seems to be the nature of the beast.

The jist of the reason they don't do it, is becuase it makes the reporters mad. They only ask there question loud enough for McD to hear and respond, so that they get the answers to the story they want to write, without giving too much material to "compeditor" writers. They intentionally try to have only one person hear them.

If it was a true interview type scenario, McD would repaeat the question or someone would repeat the question into the mic, like politics, or information type conferences.

However.....

The more mic's they put in the room, the quiter the reporter talks, and then McD is always going.....huh....would you speak up....etc, so they just mic McD.

Quote Originally Posted by owninit View Post
    I mentioned it once in the feedback section once, especially in the press conferences because you can rarely hear the reporters quesions, only the responses, it's annoying, but it seems to be the nature of the beast.

The jist of the reason they don't do it, is becuase it makes the reporters mad. They only ask there question loud enough for McD to hear and respond, so that they get the answers to the story they want to write, without giving too much material to "compeditor" writers. They intentionally try to have only one person hear them.

If it was a true interview type scenario, McD would repaeat the question or someone would repeat the question into the mic, like politics, or information type conferences.

However.....

The more mic's they put in the room, the quiter the reporter talks, and then McD is always going.....huh....would you speak up....etc, so they just mic McD.
    Then they should issue transcripts of every presser after it is over...so many times I can't tell what player McD is talking about or...when he just answers Yes or No...terrible way to operate IMO.
    Disclamer: Anything stated by Hippie Guy is meant to be sarcasm and should not be construed as or mistaken for anything serious.

Quote Originally Posted by owninit View Post

However.....

I hope that's not the answer they gave you because it doesnt make any sense because:

A) The meat of the issue is in the response McD gives, not the question asked and in most cases, we can usually guess what the question was.

B) Arent they sitting side by side in the room? So I would assume if McD can hear the question at the podium, the reporters can hear as well.

(I know you are just the messenger, so that's not directed at you BTW)
    Remember: If you dont feed the trolls - they will go away! Neither logic nor a compelling argument will make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Pratama View Post
    I hope that's not the answer they gave you because it doesnt make any sense because:

A) The meat of the issue is in the response McD gives, not the question asked and in most cases, we can usually guess what the question was.

B) Arent they sitting side by side in the room? So I would assume if McD can hear the question at the podium, the reporters can hear as well.

(I know you are just the messenger, so that's not directed at you BTW)
    Thought I'd add some insight here as this is a commonly asked question and something we are always trying to improve.

What owninit said is mostly correct. The organization cannot make reporters speak into a microphone to ask questions. The purpose of the press conferences is not so the whole thing can be shown. It gives the press an opportunity to speak to a player or coach in an organized manner so they can take their sound bites and turn them into a story. When you watch the news at night or read a story, you never hear the question just a lead in and the answer.

We wanted to bring the whole thing to you so that you all can decipher what a player or coach meant. If it is a press conference setting, we do increase the volume of the questions so that you can hear them. Not all of them will be able to be picked up, mostly because of what owninit said. We do provide the transcripts for the press conferences but not the interview sessions off the field.

I think we have made big strides for press conferences and we will continue to improve, but unfortunately we are limited in some of the things that we can do with them.

Keep the feedback coming
    Kyle Sonneman
    Former Director of Team Media, now just a fan

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Sonneman View Post
    Thought I'd add some insight here as this is a commonly asked question and something we are always trying to improve.

What owninit said is mostly correct. The organization cannot make reporters speak into a microphone to ask questions. The purpose of the press conferences is not so the whole thing can be shown. It gives the press an opportunity to speak to a player or coach in an organized manner so they can take their sound bites and turn them into a story. When you watch the news at night or read a story, you never hear the question just a lead in and the answer.

We wanted to bring the whole thing to you so that you all can decipher what a player or coach meant. If it is a press conference setting, we do increase the volume of the questions so that you can hear them. Not all of them will be able to be picked up, mostly because of what owninit said. We do provide the transcripts for the press conferences but not the interview sessions off the field.

I think we have made big strides for press conferences and we will continue to improve, but unfortunately we are limited in some of the things that we can do with them.

Keep the feedback coming

Thank you Kyle...that at least gives us an explanation.

How about closed captioning the reporters questions before the presser gets posted? Or would that be a hassle? I have no clue what would be involved in doing that...but even just a cheap little word scroll at the bottom saying what the reporter asked would be an improvement.

Thanks.
    Disclamer: Anything stated by Hippie Guy is meant to be sarcasm and should not be construed as or mistaken for anything serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Hippie Guy View Post
    Thank you Kyle...that at least gives us an explanation.

How about closed captioning the reporters questions before the presser gets posted? Or would that be a hassle? I have no clue what would be involved in doing that...but even just a cheap little word scroll at the bottom saying what the reporter asked would be an improvement.

Thanks.
    We have looked into different software, but our goal is to get those press conferences up as quick as possible. Doing that would add time and we would miss the timeliness. But definitely something we will look into.
    Kyle Sonneman
    Former Director of Team Media, now just a fan

I used to have that problem but then I bought a pair of $250 headphones and now I can hear all the questions just fine

Quote Originally Posted by Hoserman117 View Post
    I used to have that problem but then I bought a pair of $250 headphones and now I can hear all the questions just fine
    Can I borrow those?
    [FONT="Arial Black"]Team Tebow Member -1[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Sonneman View Post
    We have looked into different software, but our goal is to get those press conferences up as quick as possible. Doing that would add time and we would miss the timeliness. But definitely something we will look into.
    Awesome...thank you for the response Kyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoserman117 View Post
    Really that works? I just bought some Astro A40's and already have some Turtle Beach PX21's. Would both of those work to hear those questions?

Sig by Peerless

Quote Originally Posted by jdubv724 View Post
    Really that works? I just bought some Astro A40's and already have some Turtle Beach PX21's. Would both of those work to hear those questions?
    I have the Astro A40's and I can hear the questions. I'd imagine it'd work just as well for you!