Page 1 of 40 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

2010 NBA Offseason Thread

It hasnt happened yet, but Laker fans, not talking smack.

If the Bulls got Bosh and LeBron, who would win in a series.

PG- Rose vs Fisher
    SG- Deng vs Kobe
    SF- LeBron vs Artest
    PF- Bosh vs Gasol
    C- Noah vs Bynum

A lot of rumors going around of Wade, Bosh and LeBron teaming up.

Should be an interesting offseason.

Nuggets need to go get a big man.

I think Lebron will go to New Jersey, and Wade may follow, tho I think he will stay in Miami, but here is just a side theroy..

PG. Harris Vs. Fisher
    SG. Wade Vs. Kobe
    SF. Lebron Vs. Artest
    PF. Favors Vs. Pau
    C. Lopez Vs. Bynum

On the other hand, I also think Lebron could go to Miami with Wade, and they may ship O'neal and bring in Bosh. Amare most likely, will be going to NYK with D'antoni, leaving Bosh.

PG. Chalmers Vs. Fisher
    SG. Wade Vs. Kobe
    SF. Lebron Vs. Artest
    PF. Bosh Vs. Pau
    C. O'neal Vs. Bynum (If O'neal is not traded)

I can almost guarntee at this point, Bosh is as good as gone. If he doesn't end playing with Lebron, he will defintely be playing with Wade in Miami, which is why I think Wade will stay in Miami anyways..

Anyways, those are my top canidates, for where Lebron may end up. Behind them are the Knicks and the Bulls. If he does leave Cleveland, I don't see him ending up anywhere else, other than those 4 teams..

1.Nets
    2.Heat
    3.Knicks
    4.Bulls

Quote Originally Posted by ERoyal248 View Post

PG- Rose vs Fisher
    SG- Deng vs Kobe
    SF- LeBron vs Artest
    PF- Bosh vs Gasol
    C- Noah vs Bynum

Seriously, we can do this. If I'm coaching Chitcago, my thinking is this:

LeBron's gunna run the point. No doubt. He can do whatever he wants to Artest out there. Artest will get into foul trouble early, so Jackson will have to get a LeBron defense posse going. I'm isolating Fisher on Rose all day. I'm going to have to get my own Kobe defense posse going, so I'm going to beg management to find me a shut down defender with long arms to help on that front. Deng ain't too bad though. Ideally, Bosh is going to force Gasol to play defense, and stretch the paint. This allows LeBron and Rose to massacre people. Bynum is going to be hurt, so I'm not worried about that match-up. What it comes down to, is how well I can contain Bryant. If Bosh punks out against Gasol, I'll just move Noah over there, and have him play Gasol extremely tight. Gasol kills people with his J. I'd rather he had to put the ball on the court. Triangle creates a lot of backside cutters, and particularly, post and wing isolation. This creates passing lanes. I might consider going with the zone. I'd put money on my Bulls.

PG- Rose vs Fisher
    SG- Deng vs Kobe
    SF- LeBron vs Artest
    PF- Bosh vs Gasol
    C- Noah vs Bynum

I think there is no way this happens for a few reasons. One putting three max guys together would totally clean up alot of the space they have, yet they only have a few players under contract this season so they still have to bring in some more heads. On top of this bron in MIA? No way because he would be in the passenger side to dwade. Wade owns all of south Florida its that simple. People down there see him as god, and no way if bron goes there he will get the same love as him, and I just cant see a guy like him being ok with that.

I think ultimatily bron and bosh end up in chi town which is a pretty nasty team with the addition of them. The only problem for them would be in two years of so when rose contract is up, hes prob gonna be worth almost as a max guy, so players will have to take a pay cut if they really want to turn that team into a dynasty.

As for the lakers who knows what their team will look like, their very good at making moves and acquiring pieces to the championship puzzle. They def have to make a move if that chi town team happens or else they could find themselves up against a very, very nasty team in the bulls.

Team Tebow #267

Bring on any team you want. The lakers Championship window is WIDE OPEN for another 3 year. Our bench can only get better in the off season, so please bring on any pretenders from the east. We will see you again in the finals.

P.S.

Bynum and Gasol dominate Bosh when they play. Bosh plays the same game that KG plays right now. Too many jumpers and not enough post play.

Cant wait for the Three-peat to begin!

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyBronco24 View Post
    I think there is no way this happens for a few reasons. One putting three max guys together would totally clean up alot of the space they have, yet they only have a few players under contract this season so they still have to bring in some more heads. On top of this bron in MIA? No way because he would be in the passenger side to dwade. Wade owns all of south Florida its that simple. People down there see him as god, and no way if bron goes there he will get the same love as him, and I just cant see a guy like him being ok with that.

I think ultimatily bron and bosh end up in chi town which is a pretty nasty team with the addition of them. The only problem for them would be in two years of so when rose contract is up, hes prob gonna be worth almost as a max guy, so players will have to take a pay cut if they really want to turn that team into a dynasty.

As for the lakers who knows what their team will look like, their very good at making moves and acquiring pieces to the championship puzzle. They def have to make a move if that chi town team happens or else they could find themselves up against a very, very nasty team in the bulls.
    If Lebron feels like going to Miami is his best chance to win multiple championships, then he will go there. He claims, he wouldn't have a problem being coached by Spolstra. And Wade likes Spolstra as his coach. All three of them played well together in the olympics so I don't see the issue. None of them would get MVP obviously, but they have to make some sacrifices if they really want to win championships.

If Lebron goes to Chicago, he will be under even more pressue being compared to the legacy of Michael Jordan. But could that be the reason he planned on changing to #6 in the first place? And how would Derrick Rose feel about Lebron stealing the spotlight in his home town? I don't even know if Leborn would want to play next to Noah. He's been yapping to him ever since his rookie year.

As for the Lakers, they have yet to do anything this offseason. And if Phil doesn't return then they aren't winning anything, especially if they lose Shaw to the Cavs. And they better win as many rings as they can, because once Kobe retires, they will probably be the new Knicks..

In the end, I think Lebron will end up in New Jersey with Bosh or Boozer. And Wade will stay in Miami with them signing Bosh or Boozer. I just can't see Lebron returning to Cleveland at this point. This is coming from a guy who is from Akron to :shake:

My predictions

Lebron goes to Nuggets

Wade goes to Nuggets

Bosh goes to (you guessed it! Heat!)

j/k haha i doubt that will happen

here are my real predictions:

Lebron to Bulls

Wade Stays with Heat

Bosh joins Wade on heat

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
    Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Quote Originally Posted by Amari24 View Post
    If Lebron feels like going to Miami is his best chance to win multiple championships, then he will go there. He claims, he wouldn't have a problem being coached by Spolstra. And Wade likes Spolstra as his coach. All three of them played well together in the olympics so I don't see the issue. None of them would get MVP obviously, but they have to make some sacrifices if they really want to win championships.

If Lebron goes to Chicago, he will be under even more pressue being compared to the legacy of Michael Jordan. But could that be the reason he planned on changing to #6 in the first place? And how would Derrick Rose feel about Lebron stealing the spotlight in his home town? I don't even know if Leborn would want to play next to Noah. He's been yapping to him ever since his rookie year.

As for the Lakers, they have yet to do anything this offseason. And if Phil doesn't return then they aren't winning anything, especially if they lose Shaw to the Cavs. And they better win as many rings as they can, because once Kobe retires, they will probably be the new Knicks..

In the end, I think Lebron will end up in New Jersey with Bosh or Boozer. And Wade will stay in Miami with them signing Bosh or Boozer. I just can't see Lebron returning to Cleveland at this point. This is coming from a guy who is from Akron to :shake:
    Um how could they if the off season really doesnt start until july 1st? The lakers will make their move in the offseason or before the trade deadline, they are very good at picking up what they need. As for phil I think he returns untill he gets that 12th ring, 6 with mj and 6 with kobe, than I think he is gone. If he doesnt come back a lot of the players on the lakers will be crushed. Kobe said the only reason he signed an extension not to long ago was because to his knowledge phil would be with them and said he would be extremely sad if phil was to leave.

As for bron to nj I dont think so. He needs to win now and in nj that def wont happen. Bron has probably the most weight on his shoulders to win a chip since kobe after shaq left. It might be jumping the gun to say his legacy is under the spot light as of right now and he needs to deliever, but what ever team he goes to they want results and they want them now. To me chi town is the perfect fit. Drose doesnt want to share the spotlight? But yet you say bron wouldnt mind being back seat to wade? Im pretty sure bron is a much more prideful person than drose. Rose would probably welcome the help with open arms, as good as he is, he knows there is no way he can lead that bulls team far into the playoffs.

As for the nets they have about 27m in cap space. That means bron a max guy gets 16m and you think bosh is gonna only take 10 mil or so, same for boozer. Look these guys want to win a chip but at the end of that day their still athletes and we all know they want outragoues amounts of money. Boozer is more likely to go because he is less arugably a max guy, but I think he is worth more than 10 mil.

Team Tebow #267

Um how could they if the off season really doesnt start until july 1st? The lakers will make their move in the offseason or before the trade deadline, they are very good at picking up what they need. As for phil I think he returns untill he gets that 12th ring, 6 with mj and 6 with kobe, than I think he is gone. If he doesnt come back a lot of the players on the lakers will be crushed. Kobe said the only reason he signed an extension not to long ago was because to his knowledge phil would be with them and said he would be extremely sad if phil was to leave.

As for bron to nj I dont think so. He needs to win now and in nj that def wont happen. Bron has probably the most weight on his shoulders to win a chip since kobe after shaq left. It might be jumping the gun to say his legacy is under the spot light as of right now and he needs to deliever, but what ever team he goes to they want results and they want them now. To me chi town is the perfect fit. Drose doesnt want to share the spotlight? But yet you say bron wouldnt mind being back seat to wade? Im pretty sure bron is a much more prideful person than drose. Rose would probably welcome the help with open arms, as good as he is, he knows there is no way he can lead that bulls team far into the playoffs.

As for the nets they have about 27m in cap space. That means bron a max guy gets 16m and you think bosh is gonna only take 10 mil or so, same for boozer. Look these guys want to win a chip but at the end of that day their still athletes and we all know they want outragoues amounts of money. Boozer is more likely to go because he is less arugably a max guy, but I think he is worth more than 10 mil.
    I ment they haven't showed any activity at all. Teams like the Knicks have already showed interest in Joe Johnson and Amare. The Lakers haven't done anything, they should be looking for potential coaches to replace Phil if he leaves, but as of right now, they're just dormant.

And the circumstances are different. In your opinion, what would be worse? Someone stealing the spotlight in your hometown, or someone stealing the spotlight just on your team? Chicago is Rose's hometown, not Lebron's, thats why I think it would sting Rose a little, with Lebron stealing the spotlight in his hometown.. Miami isn't Wade's hometown, so it wouldn't bother him that much, if not at all.

And I just can't see Bron playing with yappy Noah. They've been going at it since Noah was a rookie. And I don't think it's anything like a Pierce and Artest friendly fued. They've been at it forever. And the comments he made about Lebron and Cleveland didn't help.

And why couldn't he play in NJ? They have a succesful coach in Avery Johnson, a young All-Star point guard in Devin Harris, and a future star in Lopez. Not to mention they just drafted Favors. He would have ALOT of young talent around him, and since those guys aren't top 5 players, he could continue to stack up his MVP trophies at will. Prokhorov could make Lebron a house hold name in Russia. Didn't Lebron himself say he wanted to be the highest paid athlete? I know it's all conspiracy but it's all likely.

And again, if Bosh, Boozer, or anyone, feels taking less money will get them multiple rings, I think they will take the chance. But would Nets even need Bosh or Boozer? They drafted Favors for a reason..

I don't know where Lebron will end up, but I have my money on New Jersey. A top tier coach, and a lot of young All-Star talent. I think it would be too good to pass up, even for Lebron.
    Last edited by Amari24; 06-30-2010 at 08:50 AM.

I ment they haven't showed any activity at all. Teams like the Knicks have already showed interest in Joe Johnson and Amare. The Lakers haven't done anything, they should be looking for potential coaches to replace Phil if he leaves, but as of right now, they're just dormant.

And the circumstances are different. Chicago is Rose's hometown, not Lebron's, thats why I think it would sting Rose a little, with Lebron stealing the spotlight in his hometown.. Miami isn't Wade's hometown so it wouldn't matter. And I just can't see Bron playing with yappy Noah. They've been going at it since Noah was a rookie. And I don't think its anything like a Kobe and Artest friendly fued. They've been at it forever. And the comments he made about Lebron and Cleveland didn't help.

And why couldn't he play in NJ? They have a succesful coach in Avery Johnson, a young All-Star point guard in Devin Harris, and a future star in Lopez. Not to mention they just drafted Favors. He would have ALOT of young talent around him, and since those guys aren't top 5 players, he could continue to stack up his MVP trophies at will. Prokhorov could make Lebron a house hold name in Russia. Didn't Lebron himself say he wanted to be the highest paid athlete? I know it's all conspiracy but it's all likely.

And again, if Bosh, Boozer, or anyone, feels taking less money will get them multiple rings, I think they will take the chance. But would Nets even need Bosh or Boozer? They drafted Favors for a reason..

I don't know where Lebron will end up, but I have my money on New Jersey. A top tier coach, and a lot of young All-Star talent. I think it would be too good to pass up, even for Lebron.
    You probably make the best case for nj other than anyone I had herd of. The only thing like I said is that bron needs to win now. I know he has some young talent around him if he goes to nj, but the key word is young. Young players arent the best thing to have around you when your trying to make a playoff run.

I still believe that chi has the best chance even though they have a road block or two as well. One being that to sign bron and bosh they would be pushing the luxuary tax and their owner Jerry Reinsdorf isnt really one to do that. On top of that like I said when the year comes to re-new rose and noahs contract their gonna be in some trouble. I still think that rose would welcome both of those guys, I mean if your a pg you want the most targets you can get.

Oh for the people saying that the dream team will happen in mia of bosh, bron and wade, bosh came out earlier today and said he just cant see it happening. He said he doesnt know how it will work and that it is pie in the sky.

Team Tebow #267

You probably make the best case for nj other than anyone I had herd of. The only thing like I said is that bron needs to win now. I know he has some young talent around him if he goes to nj, but the key word is young. Young players arent the best thing to have around you when your trying to make a playoff run.

I still believe that chi has the best chance even though they have a road block or two as well. One being that to sign bron and bosh they would be pushing the luxuary tax and their owner Jerry Reinsdorf isnt really one to do that. On top of that like I said when the year comes to re-new rose and noahs contract their gonna be in some trouble. I still think that rose would welcome both of those guys, I mean if your a pg you want the most targets you can get.

Oh for the people saying that the dream team will happen in mia of bosh, bron and wade, bosh came out earlier today and said he just cant see it happening. He said he doesnt know how it will work and that it is pie in the sky.
    I myself think the thought of MIA getting Wade, Bron, and Bosh, is ludicrous. But it doesn't entirely kill the thought of Lebron going there with Wade, or Bosh going there with Wade.

It would just be interesting to see Lebron and Noah getting along. Thats like imagining Magic and Bird getting along in their first year or 2 in the NBA.

Also if he fails to win any championships there, that pretty much kills all comparisons with him and MJ. He will have more pressue than ever. Not that there's much to compare, but still. I had Chi as my #4 team, but the more I hear your thoughts, I would move Chi up a spot or two. I for one, don't think he goes to the Knicks. They should just prepare for the worst at this point. You just don't make a decade of trades and waives, just to get one player in the future, no matter how good they are.

But with all the controversey going around, it's hard not to include them in the top 5.

I myself think the thought of MIA getting Wade, Bron, and Bosh, is ludicrous. But it doesn't entirely kill the thought of Lebron going there with Wade, or Bosh going there with Wade.

It would just be interesting to see Lebron and Noah getting along. Thats like imagining Magic and Bird getting along in their first year or 2 in the NBA.

Also if he fails to win any championships there, that pretty much kills all comparisons with him and MJ. He will have more pressue than ever. Not that there's much to compare, but still. I had Chi as my #4 team, but the more I hear your thoughts, I would move Chi up a spot or two. I for one, don't think he goes to the Knicks. They should just prepare for the worst at this point. You just don't make a decade of trades and waives, just to get one player in the future, no matter how good they are.

But with all the controversey going around, it's hard not to include them in the top 5.
    Even if he doesnt go to chi town he still has tremoundous amount of pressure on himself to win a chip. Comparision to jordan or not he needs that chip to truly go down as one of the best ever to play the game.

After hearing your views i think that nj would be the best for him after chi of course. The only thing is I think this is probably the best year for him to make his run at the title with all these free agents out there, but I just dont see him able to make it in NJ or at least not his first year there.

As for the knicks it seems as if their on plan b and c already. It must truly hurt to be a knicks fan right now. For the last two years they have been telling all their fans just wait we will get lebron and then we will be on top of the basketball world, but just doesnt seem like that will happen. The best case for them right now that it looks like to me is they get joe johnson and amare, which isnt much or at least not waiting two years for.

Team Tebow #267

Even if he doesnt go to chi town he still has tremoundous amount of pressure on himself to win a chip. Comparision to jordan or not he needs that chip to truly go down as one of the best ever to play the game.

After hearing your views i think that nj would be the best for him after chi of course. The only thing is I think this is probably the best year for him to make his run at the title with all these free agents out there, but I just dont see him able to make it in NJ or at least not his first year there.

As for the knicks it seems as if their on plan b and c already. It must truly hurt to be a knicks fan right now. For the last two years they have been telling all their fans just wait we will get lebron and then we will be on top of the basketball world, but just doesnt seem like that will happen. The best case for them right now that it looks like to me is they get joe johnson and amare, which isnt much or at least not waiting two years for.
    All good points.

Regardless of where he goes, I think he will have a better chance of winning a ring there, than in Cleveland.

I don't see him staying in Cleveland. No matter who they bring in, he just can't get it done here. Bosh already said he doesn't want to play for Cleveland so that's a wrap. And with all the bandwagoners here in Akron/Cleveland. They'll support any team Lebron goes to, while Stephen Curry gets no love and he's from Akron also.

The Cavs could possibly be worse than the Nets if LBJ leaves. Or when he leaves..

The Knicks can also keep their fingers crossed for Carmelo if he doesn't accept the extension then he's a free agent next season. They could also make a move to get Rudy G. in Free agency.

Knicks' fans will probably be crying for Kevin Durant, once his contract is up. It will be deja-vu all over again. Waiting 5 years just to get one superstar and have it back fire on you. Gotta love Knick fans
    Last edited by Amari24; 06-30-2010 at 09:42 AM.

All good points.

Regardless of where he goes, I think he will have a better chance of winning a ring there, than in Cleveland.

I don't see him staying in Cleveland. No matter who they bring in, he just can't get it done here. Bosh already said he doesn't want to play for Cleveland so that's a wrap. And with all the bandwagoners here in Akron/Cleveland. They'll support any team Lebron goes to, while Stephen Curry gets no love and he's from Akron also.

The Cavs could possibly be worse than the Nets if LBJ leaves. Or when he leaves..

The Knicks can also keep their fingers crossed for Carmelo if he doesn't accept the extension then he's a free agent next season. They could also make a move to get Rudy G. in Free agency.

Knicks' fans will probably be crying for Kevin Durant, once his contract is up. It will be deja-vu all over again. Waiting 5 years just to get one superstar and have it back fire on you. Gotta love Knick fans
    Cleveland just cant seem to get the players that bron needs around him to win a chip. Its not that they didnt try, they did, but just failed at it.

There are a bunch of ways this could all work out and it is a very big and talented free agent class. The knicks have some cap room and even if they cant get bron they could pick up a few solid players which would def improved their team by a lot.

Ahahaha knicks shouldnt hold their breath for the durantula. That kid does have a bright future and to me I think he could ultimately become the best player in the league after kobe leaves of course

Where ever bron goes he better be 100% certain because hes probably gonna sign a contract for a few years and if he doesnt win there the window for him to get a ring will only get more and more closed.

Team Tebow #267