Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

2010 MLB trade deadline thread

as i post this, it is 8 days from today where certiain players might be traded (e.x dan haren to phillies or Prince fielder to white sox)

we already had 1 trade and it was Cliff Lee being traded to the Rangers.

players on the market right now include:
    Dan Haren - Diamondbacks
    Roy Oswalt - Astros
    Lance Berkman - Astros
    David De Jesus - Royals
    Adam Dunn - Nationals
    Prince Fielder - Brewers
    Corey Hart - Brewers
    Cody Ross - Marlins
    Jorge Cantu - Marlins
    Dan Uggla - Marlins
    Ty Wigginton - Orioles

where will all these players end up in 10 days from now? talk about it here

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
    Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Ty Wigginton to the Reds would be nice.
    thanks Freyaka

I hope my Sox get some help.
    Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!

David DeJesus is out for the year (fractured thumb).
    My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com

R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

Braves need another bat, i cant take watching McLouth play any more..

I hope we can get Cody Ross from the Marlins..

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos724 View Post
    Ty Wigginton to the Reds would be nice.
    I think Cairo's done a fine job of filling in for Rolen, and he's about to come back anyhow. I don't see it happening.

It would be nice to get some relief help, but I don't really see anything I'd want if I were Walt Jocketty. Just sayin'. I doubt we make a move unless it's for a pitcher at a good price. Dan Haren's not happening because he'd prefer to be on the west coast with a contender, Oswalt is too pricy (although I bet the Reds dropped his price a bit tonight) and we really don't need help out in the field. The Reds hit the snot out of the ball pretty routinely, although they do have cold snaps. Getting Rolen back is all the help we need, IMO.

HEAR ME ROAR!

Thanks to Freyaka for the great sig!

Unless the Brewers get a spectacular offer for Fielder, he won't be traded. He is still under contract for next year, so there's no big hurry to move him.

Adopted Posters:
    Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
    Adopted By:
    Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
    Broncbeat

Rockies could use another starting pitcher and im not too happy with the play with ian stewart so i would like ty wiggington. we have a huge hole at first base right now since helton's out so i would also welcome jorge cantu.

I just hope we get to keep Haren, he isnt having his best year but he also is stuck on a pretty awful team. It would especially suck to see him go to a team like the Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by thatkidhunt View Post
    I just hope we get to keep Haren, he isnt having his best year but he also is stuck on a pretty awful team. It would especially suck to see him go to a team like the Yankees.
    as a rockies fan, i kinda hope the diamondbacks trade him so we don't have to deal with him. most of the time, we can't hit off of good pitching and haren is just that.

Angels acquire Dan Haren
    By Mike Axisa
    Well, so much for that idea. The Angels have acquired Dan Haren from Arizona for Joe Saunders, prospects Patrick Corbin (ranked 12th in the Halos’ system by Baseball America), Rafael Rodriguez (22nd), and a player to be named later. The PTBNL is not Mike Trout, arguably the best prospect in the game, but instead a list of players the D-Backs can choose from.
    http://www.riveravenueblues.com/

The PTBNL is supposed to be a very highly rated prospect. From the DBacks perspective, the PTBNL had better be damned good (for the record, that's assuming Haren's 2010 performance thus far is a bump in the road, not what he'll be in the future). Saunders doesn't impress me a bit (though his numbers will be better in the NL West than they were in the AL West) and he'll get a huge raise via arbitration this winter. He can be a free agent after next season. At only 4 games above .500 and trailing the Rangers by 6 games (8.5 GB in the wild card), the Angels HAD to do something drastic.

Another trade that will take a couple years to accurately judge.

Assuming Haren pitches like he did last year, good move for the Angels.
    Last edited by keithbishop; 07-25-2010 at 05:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by keithbishop View Post
    Angels acquire Dan Haren
    By Mike Axisa
    Well, so much for that idea. The Angels have acquired Dan Haren from Arizona for Joe Saunders, prospects Patrick Corbin (ranked 12th in the Halosí system by Baseball America), Rafael Rodriguez (22nd), and a player to be named later. The PTBNL is not Mike Trout, arguably the best prospect in the game, but instead a list of players the D-Backs can choose from.
    http://www.riveravenueblues.com/

The PTBNL is supposed to be a very highly rated prospect. From the DBacks perspective, the PTBNL had better be damned good (for the record, that's assuming Haren's 2010 performance thus far is a bump in the road, not what he'll be in the future). Saunders doesn't impress me a bit (though his numbers will be better in the NL West than they were in the AL West) and he'll get a huge raise via arbitration this winter. He can be a free agent after next season. At only 4 games above .500 and trailing the Rangers by 6 games (8.5 GB in the wild card), the Angels HAD to do something drastic.

Another trade that will take a couple years to accurately judge.

Assuming Haren pitches like he did last year, good move for the Angels.

Quote Originally Posted by thatkidhunt View Post

Sorry, man. Has to be awful for DBacks fans. Sounds like the 4th player will be a top 4 Angels prospect, but the #12 and #22 isn't inspiring. I hope Saunders does well for you.

Quote Originally Posted by keithbishop View Post
    Sorry, man. Has to be awful for DBacks fans. Sounds like the 4th player will be a top 4 Angels prospect, but the #12 and #22 isn't inspiring. I hope Saunders does well for you.
    Thanks, its sad times. Barry Enright has been a bright spot.

Player updates and rumors

Dan Haren - Traded to angels
    Roy Oswalt - Latest: He would like to be traded to the Cardinals and they're looking to add him. Twins are also interested.
    Lance Berkman - Not too much info on him right now, but the white sox are interested.
    David De Jesus - out for season
    Adam Dunn - Yankees and Tigers have interest
    Prince Fielder - Brewers not too intersted in trading him, but will if they get a really good offer. White Sox interested
    Corey Hart - no info on him currently
    Cody Ross - Marlins unlikely going to trade him
    Jorge Cantu - Rangers have a great interest in adding Cantu. The Rockies are also interested ()
    Dan Uggla - Marlins unlikely going to move Uggla
    Ty Wigginton - Rangers, Rockies, Giants and Angels are interested in Wiggington. Texas sent 3 scouts to watch the Orioles play the Twins.

My predictions:
    Oswalt - Phillies
    Berkman - stays in houston
    Dunn: Yankees
    Fielder: stays in Milwaukee
    Hart: idk yet but ill say brewers
    Cantu: Rockies. we need Cantu. we have a huge hole at first base right now and we will in the future if we don't get cantu.
    Wiggington: Rangers. if they're that interested, they will likely give up solid prospects and baltimore can't pass that up.