Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sometimes McD gets it right.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl-258041

dodged a bullet with this guy. already a lil diva.

Did your fingers burst into flames as you typed that????

jk

It is beginning to seem ...

... as if Josh McDaniels and Co. have developed a method for finding the type of player they want and avoiding the type they don't.

They pass on Dez Bryant, but later on draft Perrish Cox, a teammate of his (who also was suspended). Interesting then, now and, perhaps, later on as well.
    Last edited by samparnell; 07-26-2010 at 10:00 AM.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by owninit View Post

jk

Must spread around.
    *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women***

Nice!! I like reading stuff like that. Maybe McDelicious (sorry I'm a chick and he's just hot) has honed in on his how-to-spot-an-attitude-problem-and-get-rid-of-it skills! Oh wait, he's been doing it for a year now!

I'm just loving how everything is playing out with our team!
    Broncosgirl in NY

We will dodge a lot of bullets with McDaniels as the head coach. I thought Dez Bryant was going to be all right but I was wrong. It seems to be a small deal but to me it's disrespect towards the veteran players and the league's unwritten traditions. I can understand if a rookie with dreadlocks like David Bruton refuses to get his hair cut. But refusing to carry a damn pad...

I am sure McDaniels believes Demaryius Thomas is more impressive athletically, faster, smarter... That's why he was graded higher than Bryant. And as a bonus, it looks like we kept a diva away from Denver. Imagine that kind of silly distraction all over again. It's on ESPN, it might get ugly depending on what the veterans decide to do as revenge. Oh boy.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by stevelkinevil View Post

He's a diva for not wanting to carry an inferior player's pads? Dez will have a better year than Roy. Roy should be carrying Dez's pads by the end of the year.

As far as getting it right, none of this changes anything about Dez's talent. I feel Dez is more talented than DT, but we will see in a few years. It is far too early to tell who made the right move. But I can tell you this, all that matters is performance. I don't care what players like the guys, I care how they produce.

Quote Originally Posted by Roddoliver View Post
    We will dodge a lot of bullets with McDaniels as the head coach. I thought Dez Bryant was going to be all right but I was wrong. It seems to be a small deal but to me it's disrespect towards the veteran players and the league's unwritten traditions. I can understand if a rookie with dreadlocks like David Bruton refuses to get his hair cut. But refusing to carry a damn pad...

I am sure McDaniels believes Demaryius Thomas is more impressive athletically, faster, smarter... That's why he was graded higher than Bryant. And as a bonus, it looks like we kept a diva away from Denver. Imagine that kind of silly distraction all over again. It's on ESPN, it might get ugly depending on what the veterans decide to do as revenge. Oh boy.
    If the linemen decide to take collective action, however harmless and innocuous such might be, Dez will be powerless against them.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by owninit View Post

jk
    LOL no I wrapped them in wet paper towel first, but they were smoldering anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    If the linemen decide to take collective action, however harmless and innocuous such might be, Dez will be powerless against them.
    Since Dez does not want to carry pads, maybe the vets will make him carry Leonard Davis
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by I Eat Staples View Post
    He's a diva for not wanting to carry an inferior player's pads? Dez will have a better year than Roy. Roy should be carrying Dez's pads by the end of the year.

As far as getting it right, none of this changes anything about Dez's talent. I feel Dez is more talented than DT, but we will see in a few years. It is far too early to tell who made the right move. But I can tell you this, all that matters is performance. I don't care what players like the guys, I care how they produce.

You miss the point entirely.....It's not about ability, it's about tradition, good humored hazing, and becoming "one of the guys". It's just a little thing that says "Hey, I know I am the new guy, I will take my licks like a man so I can become a member of the club"......IMO for him to shun this seemingly innocuous act speaks VOLUMES about his character.

And that little bit I highlighted of your quote, is EXACTLY what is wrong with Dez's attitude......T.O. has the same attitude, seems like it hasn't worked out that great for him either......

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Weren't Leonard Davis and Roy Williams teammates at UT?
    Last edited by Al Wilson 4 Mayor; 07-26-2010 at 10:31 AM.

Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Quote Originally Posted by 4th Amigo View Post
    You miss the point entirely.....It's not about ability, it's about tradition, good humored hazing, and becoming "one of the guys". It's just a little thing that says "Hey, I know I am the new guy, I will take my licks like a man so I can become a member of the club"......IMO for him to shun this seemingly innocuous act speaks VOLUMES about his character.

And that little bit I highlighted of your quote, is EXACTLY what is wrong with Dez's attitude......T.O. has the same attitude, seems like it hasn't worked out that great for him either......
    Really? I'm under the impression that he might make the HOF.

Quote Originally Posted by I Eat Staples View Post

Rookie hazing has taken place in the NFL ever since I can remember. Its a rite of passage that every rookie player goes through. Dez thinking he is above it all does make him a diva and I hope his teammates have something special in store for him. I personally am more than happy that we passed on this kid.

Marshall produced and where did that get the team?

Quote Originally Posted by stevelkinevil View Post

Why don't you keep this in you signature and talk to me in week 17 when Dez is over 1000 yards easy?

Champ Bailey in 2005
    30 times thrown at, 10 interceptions, 10 receptions, 10 incompletions