Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

What formulas for success do you see on the team this year that last years lacked?

After a 6-0 start to last season, we fizzled with a 2-8 record down the stretch. Over the free agent period and draft we've brought in some quality players to help improve the team. For those who are wishful thinkers, what formulas for success (could be new players, schematic change, strength of schedule) do you think we have now that will contribute to a better performance by our Broncos in 2010?

JD Walton + Beadles + Healthy Harris + (Jamal Williams + Bannan + Green) In rotation with good existing guys

= Control the line of scrimage......

Run the ball and stop the run, got the denver team to 6-0....

Failing to do so caused the 2-8 run....

I'm with you 100% brotha. Dominating the L.O.S. will be imperative to our success.

Hell yeah, we have upgraded every position from last year except WR.

I don't see how we cannot at least go 8-8.

Moreno will have a great year, as will our defense.

I just hope we don't get figured out again.

Easier schedule, we had the NFC East, AFC North, Patriots, Colts, and SD x2 a year as well as the division..

This year we have the NFC West, AFC South, Jets, Ravens, division..

I'd say JD Walton as center, Wieggman got abused.. Ryan Harris healthy, once he went down our OL was horrible..

DL, Jamal, Bannan, Green.. Then having McBean, Fields, Baker, Thomas, Smith as rotation..

It's the 2nd year in the system for mostly everyone and team chemistry.

The 2nd year players will make a bigger impact then last year.. I think McBath could start, Ayers will hopefully give us another pass rusher off the edge.. Smith should improve and help the secondary.. Moreno should have a breakout year with the new and improved OL..

I loved our draft..

I'm much more positive about this team then last, wasn't sure how we would do.. A few more drafts and we'll be looking real good.

I think we'll be a playoff contender barring injuries.. We've upgraded everywhere but WR, but have better depth then last year.. It will just depend how Decker and Thomas develop.

I think this is going to be a truly unified team this year. Last year they clearly weren't. The memory of Marshall talking crap to Moreno and nearly starting a fight still stands out in my mind. Now that we've dumped the malcontents I look for teamwork and solidarity to be one of this team's real strengths.
    Only fools bet against Tim Tebow.

Team Tebow #108

Yards, without points, mean nothing.

Everything starts in the trenches. Our lines are better on both sides of the ball.

Formulae for success:

Offense Score 3+ TDs/game, or equivalent;

Defense Allow 17 points or less per game with + turnover ratio;

Special Teams maximum FP.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Hopefully, eleven guys on the field who believe in the concept of TEAM FIRST above all....and talented, hard working, selfless players that believe in the coach and the scheme.....

Not that this alone will bring us success, but I firmly believe that this is an absolutely critical element to success in the NFL that we have been very much lacking for many years now.

Quote Originally Posted by DancingHorsey View Post
    I think this is going to be a truly unified team this year. Last year they clearly weren't. The memory of Marshall talking crap to Moreno and nearly starting a fight still stands out in my mind. Now that we've dumped the malcontents I look for teamwork and solidarity to be one of this team's real strengths.
    Quote Originally Posted by 4th Amigo View Post
    Hopefully, eleven guys on the field who believe in the concept of TEAM FIRST above all....and talented, hard working, selfless players that believe in the coach and the scheme.....

Not that this alone will bring us success, but I firmly believe that this is an absolutely critical element to success in the NFL that we have been very much lacking for many years now.
    Both posts I wholeheartedly agree with.
    Good posts.

Preferably a few extra wins. 8 wins won't get us to a better record than the Chargers, and it likely won't get a wild card spot either. If Orton plays better than last year, we have a shot. If it's more of the same, than it's all dependant on whether Tebow will be ready to shine this year. I have all confidence the defense will be improved, as well as the OL and running game. But the passing game is a big question mark in my eyes and in today's NFL, you really have to be able to put up 200+ yards passing and stretch the field to have success on a consistent basis (anyone who disagrees, take a gander at your Super Bowl champions, all they did was stretch the field against anyone who stood against them). I'm willing to chalk last year up to learning the system for Orton, and getting comfortable with the receiving corps. Minus Marshall and Scheff, and with only the addition of a few rookies, it's largely the same group of people. Time will tell if it's Orton or adjusting to the system that was the problem last year.
    Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

What I Like..

In recent years, our d-line has been horrible. this season, i know it's still a question mark, but IMO it's upgraded and we have good depth for it now as well.

I love our defensive secondary depth too along with the secondary itself. in recent years (other than 09) our secondary wasn't too great other than champ bailey. lynch was great against the run but sucked in coverage.

just like eroyal248, i loved our draft. we filled many needs along with getting a possible QB of the future in Tebow.

also in years past, our backup QB was horrible. Ramsey sucked, and Simms is complete and utter garbage. I believe in Brady Quinn and i think in this system, he can be a very good backup to Orto for now, and Tebow in the future.

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
    Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

How about Orton AND Tebow (in 3rd down/red zone plays)= higher score per game.

Improved lines should equate to more success later in the year.

We added personnel that is better equipped for running the PBS. 3rd & short and red zone offense should be improved. Not to mention those two areas get a boost from having Tim Tebow as well.

We upgraded our D line across the board. All starters from last year are now rotational backups. This should help us stay strong against the run as the year wears on.

Those were the two areas that we needed to address, and I give McD major props for focusing on them, while also boosting our offensive skill positions.
    thanks Freyaka

I wont re list some of the thing that were already said, even though they may be the most important...however...

EXPERIENCE!!!!

This is it for me, right behind our OL and DL guys.

I'm not a major Orton buff, but really our offense is Super comlex and Orton had 4 months to get it down......please...To me he was the equivilent of a rookie QB coming in and starting...His numbers werent too far off that either.

This year, the dude should have it, Knowshon, ayers, phonz and Even Josh Mcd himself should have it. They ALL needed to get their feet wet...They did and now we can build. Which I fully believe we have.

Josh will call a better O, will allow Orton to do some things, will get eddie and the wr in the game. Orton, will hit the open man, instead of waiting forever and throwing to marshall, knowshon will settle down and use his skills. The OL will make some blocks----all because we now have some experience in how things are to be run.

Here is a question to think about-- would you say that last year Orton probably could have had 7 more TD passes?- I say yes, but opportunities lost due to turnovers, throw aways, bad passes, drops etc...I can name specific games that he could have hit another 6tds....

POINT?--Well with 7 more TD passes Orton would have had as many as phil rivers- right there with the tops in the league- he would have been about 400 yards short of him in terms of total pass yards but still...........
    Phil has had experience in that offense, with the WR, the coaches, the plays etc. Kyle should now have that pretty well down.
    For now....
    1. Reuben Badass LB; 2. Joe Mixon RB; 3. Jake Butt TE; 3B Sid Jones DB; 4. Bucky Hoges TE; 6. Ryan Switzer WR. Trade for Sheldon Richardson.