Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    I don't think he's a blitzer, purely a downhill thumper from what I understand. I guess he's good on special teams. Haven't seen much but he was one of Johnson's guys
    In McDaniels' book, ST is 1/3 of the battle, so he can be just as useful as any player really.
    Brock you like a hurricane!

Think of a bigger, stronger, more handsome Eli Manning.... That's Fargo.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliBroncoGuy View Post
    I cant say that i am too happy with this move. This is the 2nd straight year that i have been looking foreward to seeing what JJ can provide in the uncertain return role and as a change of pace back.

I guess we do need a little more depth at LB but if one of our RBs goes down again, we are slim at that position too in regards to proven players and JJ provided some insurance. It doesnt look like Mays has done much in his career and I hope as i learn more about him, i will like the trade
    Yeah but Mays is young and Arrington is old/injury prone, plus we knew we weren't getting much more than a 3rd down back in Arrington. At least Mays provides youth at ILB/TED and can play special teams

Wow, He's built like a monster!!!. Atleast he hits & wraps, Always a good sign. I hope that he brings it for us.
    Last edited by Broncoboy6; 07-30-2010 at 07:00 PM.
    HE>i

Quote Originally Posted by Fargo View Post
    It's a way to free up space for younger RBs. Don't look into it too much.
    Yeah that's what I was thinking, but I wonder why we didn't just cut him.

No we got Joe Mays for free, I know Eagles fans were really excited about him, he just didn't fit their scheme
    My parents are longtime Eagles fans and they never heard of him. If I'm not mistaken, they got him in the Sheldon Brown trade?

Hmm, that's a little weird. Hopefully this means Cox is expected to be fine as the KR. And maybe there's still a chance for bringing in Westbrook?

Yeah but Mays is young and Arrington is old/injury prone, plus we knew we weren't getting much more than a 3rd down back in Arrington. At least Mays provides youth at ILB/TED and can play special teams
    Thats true, Mays has more upside but i was still hoping to see what JJ could of provided

Quote Originally Posted by DiversityA View Post
    Hmm, that's a little weird. Hopefully this means Cox is expected to be fine as the KR. And maybe there's still a chance for bringing in Westbrook?
    Is he still a FA? I'd be excited if we signed Westbrook

Quote Originally Posted by I Eat Staples View Post

My parents are longtime Eagles fans and they never heard of him. If I'm not mistaken, they got him in the Sheldon Brown trade?
    You don't gain players to compete in thinner positions if you settle for cutting them I suppose.
    Brock you like a hurricane!

Think of a bigger, stronger, more handsome Eli Manning.... That's Fargo.

Apparently "He's big, 250+, got better in 09' played in 11 games had 4 tackles and Forced Fumble"

Quote Originally Posted by I Eat Staples View Post

Sheldon Brown just got traded this offseason to the Browns. So, there is no way possible he was involved in the trade. Philly drafted him in the 6th rd in the 08 draft.

The Eagles drafted Mays out of North Dakota State two years ago. I'm a NDSU alumnus, and had the pleasure of seeing Mays in his best years with the Bison. He will more than likely be a special teamer with us. He is a down-hill thumper with the ability to play on first and second downs, he did all right in coverage with the Bison, but he would be a liability for us in that regard. Perhaps there is an outside chance he could crack the starting line-up, but I highly doubt it. He's insurance depth and will have the ability to participate in a key role on special teams. Even as a starter at NDSU, he was one of our best special teams players. This is a solid pick-up. Joe Mays is a nice depth player.

Quote Originally Posted by Fargo View Post
    You don't gain players to compete in thinner positions if you settle for cutting them I suppose.
    True, and we did ship him to the NFC so we don't have to worry about helping our competition even in the slightest bit.

He's a prototypical TED LB, not quite fast enough to play 4-3 MLB in the Eagles type of defense. Good fit at TED and can develop into a solid starter

Mays and Larsen on ST's is a frightening thought.

Quote Originally Posted by JayJack View Post
    Mays and Larsen on ST's is a frightening thought.
    Don't forget about Bruton, he was a monster last season.