View Poll Results: Is Training Camp Too Physical?

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

16 20.00%
  • No

64 80.00%
Page 1 of 176 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Training Camp

If you get more excited about TC than your bday...

I made a group on FB for that. My birthday is Monday the 2nd and i have to work on monday from 11-7. Im not upset that i have to spend my bday at work...im upset that i have to miss training camp.
    So i made a therapy group for all of us who feel the same way i do.
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...46795935337327
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Team Tebow number 1043!
    Prepare to be TebOWNED!

I'm on board. I never look forward to my birthday like I do training camp.
    Go America....Go Broncos

Joined. I never have problems falling asleep before my birthday

I'M SO EFFING EXCITED

Quote Originally Posted by NAUbroncofan View Post
    I made a group on FB for that. My birthday is Monday the 2nd and i have to work on monday from 11-7. Im not upset that i have to spend my bday at work...im upset that i have to miss training camp.
    So i made a therapy group for all of us who feel the same way i do.
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...46795935337327
    4 hour shift? I had to work that exact time today actually. Fake sick, dog! It's your birthday

my birthday is this thursday and one person from my work offered to take my shift for that day. ill let em.

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
    Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Buddy at my age no way training camp doesn't trump my B-day. I dread my B-day and no matter what my various complaints about this team may be I look forward to training camp.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoserman117 View Post
    Joined. I never have problems falling asleep before my birthday

I'M SO EFFING EXCITED
    I second that! And I envy all you that are able to go to the open practices . I'm hoping someday my job leads me out to the Denver area!!!
    #swapping

Good camp tweeters

Can we have a few links to people's twitters that will be reporting from camp?

I guess this one will be pretty active

http://twitter.com/MaxBroncos

http://maxdenver.com/blog1/
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

What time does camp actually start? 8:45?

Yeah 8.45 I think.

Another good tweeter is Lindsay Jones.

Not gonna be tweeting but I'm almost there, anticipating worse lines than last year lol
    *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women***

Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

I never get up this early but I can't sleep Way too excited for TC.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoserman117 View Post
    I never get up this early but I can't sleep Way too excited for TC.
    Sadly I am up this early, and checking for updates already, haha.

SOmeone post something for me, please....

Snarf's Positional Breakdown and Battles to Watch Heading Into Training Camp...

I've been away from BroncosCountry for too long. This is my homecoming thread, I hope you can at least find some part of it entertaining. With today being the official start of training camp, I thought it'd be fun to write an analysis from my viewpoint of what I am most looking forward to. Like years past, this training camp not only brings the excitement of a new football season, but also the intense positional battles across the entire depth chart. These are the positional breakdowns and TC Battles I'm looking forward to see play themselves out on the field...

Defense

Defensive Line:

Overview: No one can deny the amount of experience we have added to the front 3 this offseason. We seemingly added three veteran starters to our DL, all of which who have a proven track record in the 3-4 Scheme. Bannan, Williams, and Green offer us a stout front 3, who might not offer the best in terms of pass rush, but more then make up with it by their ability to hold up defenders, and draw double-teams on any given play. Many people overlook what our defense is built around. When the Denver D was clicking last year, it was because our LBs had free roam and were kept clean because the DL was commanding more attention. As the season wore on, the DL wore down, and eventually teams diagnosed the weaknesses (Peterson). These three vets provide Denver with a way to stop the run before it can start, and also allow our extremely talented LBs to create pressure either by the outside, or on the inside with delayed blitzes. It will be interesting to see how much these veterans play individually, and also how much we use our younger, more explosive defensive linemen.

Defensive Line Battle to Watch--> Chris Baker vs. Ronald Fields:
    --> Jamal Williams will be on the shelf for the start of Training Camp. With this loss, an opportunity is presented to the NT holdover of 2009 (Ronald Fields) and the extremely talented, but unproven 2nd year player (Chris Baker). I look forward to seeing how each responds to the opportunity. Chris Baker brings the explosive, pocket collapsing presence that a true NT should bring. Fields on the other hand has shown consistency in using leverage, and despite not having the best pure talent, has shown he can be a quality NT in the NFL. This matchup boils down to consistency. If Baker can show the consistent effort to be a disruptive force, the job will be his to lose. There's a reason why the Broncos didn't allow this guy to hit the Practice Squad all last year despite being inactive for almost the whole season; that reason is they noticed the potential in this young defensive lineman.
    --> Battle Edge: Chris Baker. I think he shows the explosiveness to be a pass-rush option from the interior line in Nickle packages which proves to be more valuable then Fields ability to hold up defenders. Williams should be on the field for 1st and 2nd downs, but he will need someone to spell him on passing downs. If this job isn't given to Bannan (who does have experience moving inside on 3rd downs), then Baker should have a great chance of landing the role.

Who Makes the Final Roster: Justin Bannan (S), Jamal Williams (S), Jarvis Green (S), Chris Baker, Ryan McBean, Marcus Thomas, and Ronald Fields.

Who Doesn't Make the Final Roster: Jeff Stehle, LeKevin Smith, Ben Garland.

Linebackers

Overview: In my opinion, this is the strength of the Denver Defense. Doom is a given, he's proven, he's young, he's consistent. Ayers was about a half-step away from 7+ sacks last year. DJ Williams is going to have 120+ Tackles and be all over the field. And Mario Haggan fits the TED LB role to a Tee. All four of these guys bring something different to the table, and all seem to do it very well. Haggan is a perfect counterpart to Williams. Haggan should give Williams more opportunities to go out and seek the big play. Ayers will be protected by not only a better DE this year, but also because of the attention that will be given to Doom (most likely more strongside packages to Doom, with FB/RB pass protection heavy as well). I don't think it's out of the question for Ayers to get 10+ sacks this year. As long as whatever happened with him and McD is placed in the past, there should be no problem with this LB corps looking as previously stated. The youth, experience, potential, and proven commodities in this LB corps easily makes it one of the best in the NFL.

Linebacking Corps Battle to Watch--> Joe Mays vs. Akin Ayodele:
    I personally love the pickup of Joe Mays. He's a solid contributor on special teams, and he's a demon on the field playing on the inside. He's built like a mini semi truck, and he hits the gaps incredibly hard. I think he may give Akin Ayodele a run for what seems to be his backup job to lose. Also, I wouldn't be completely surprised to hear rumblings that Joe Mays has really surprised a lot of of the coaches into challenging Mario Haggan. Mays' abilities really correspond well with what we do with our ILB's. He's a little more athletic in tight space than Haggan. The problem with all of our TED's is they are major liabilities in coverage. Luckily (sometimes not so lucky), we have Wesley Woodyard for Nickle LB duties. The only thing that would keep Mays from becoming the backup to our ILB's would be his over pursuit, and Ayodele's consistent veteran presence. I feel like whoever loses out on this battle will lose their spot on the team. We kept 4 ILB's last year essentially (DJ, Larsen, Andra Davis, and Woodyard w/ Haggan coming inside on occasion). This will be a real important battle to watch.

--> Battle Edge: Joe Mays. I think he brings that same intensity that we once saw in Al Wilson to this LB Corps. We don't really have the guy on the inside that fires up the whole Defense, but I think Mays can bring that back a bit. He's a fierce hitter, and he plays like he's on fire. He actually reminds me a lot of Woodyard but in a build that is more fitting to play the 3-4.

Who Makes the Final Roster: Elvis Dumervil (S), DJ Williams (S), Mario Haggan (S), Robert Ayers (S), Joe Mays, Wesley Woodyard, Jarvis Moss, Baraka Atkins.

Who Doesn't Make the Final Roster: Kevin Alexander, Devin Bishop, Nick Griesen, Jammie Kirlew (Practice Squad).

Defensive Backfield

Overview: Between the secondary and linebackers, it was a close call as to who has more talent overall. The secondary definitely has a nice blend of incredibly proven veterans, along with some very talented young players. This is going to be a position that gives the coaches fits when determining who stays/goes. The usual suspects remain; Champ, Dawkins, Hill, and Goody. All bring something different to the table, and each keep doing big things as their careers progress. The area of importance during this Training Camp will be for the lesser roles. The Nickle CB role is the one I've got my eye set on. Another battle that deserves mentioning is the battle between what should be Renaldo Hill and Darcel McBath. McBath showed he's a playmaker last year, much like he was in college. Hill has been referred to as the general on the field. It would be extremely hard to supplant a vocal and intelligent leader like Hill with only a year of experience backing you. The time will come for McBath, I don't believe it's this year, though.

Defensive Backfield Battle to Watch--> Nickle CB:
    Perrish Cox, Nate Jones, Alphonso Smith, Tony Carter and Syd'quan Thompson. Get used to hearing those names cos they will be talked about a lot during this Training Camp. Alphonso Smith and Nate Jones match up extremely well covering slot receivers. Both have more NFL experience in that role than either Cox or Thompson do (which is a given), but Cox is the most talented out of the bunch. It's hard to project the winner of this battle when we haven't heard how much effort Smith has put into his offseason to turn his second season in the NFL into a success. I don't see Thompson or Carter having a real chance at this role, but I do like their future upside and possible future chances as a Nickle CB. If Cox can keep up the playmaking tendencies he had in OTA's, this should be his spot to lose. I wouldn't be surprised either if on some occasions Cox is put on the outside and Goody moves to cover the slot man. Cox presents our D with that sort of flexibility, and for that reason he wins the job.

--> Battle Edge: Perrish Cox. Playmaker, Zone Coverage would be his specialty, and he is a willing tackler.

Who Makes the Final Roster: Champ Bailey (S), Andre Goodman (S), Brian Dawkins (S), Renaldo Hill (S), Darcel McBath, David Bruton, Perrish Cox (NB), Alphonso Smith, Nate Jones, Josh Barrett (ST)

Who Doesn't Make the Final Roster: Syd'Quan Thompson (PS), Tony Carter (PS), Cassius Vaughn, Kyle McCarthy

To Be Continued...
    Last edited by Snarfalicious; 08-01-2010 at 07:28 AM.