Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Melo Gone?

Melo Gone?

Several radio stations in town are reporting that Melo will not sign with Nuggets and has let the Nuggets know he will go elsewhere next season.

It seems plausible at this point. I mean if he REALLY wanted to stay, he would've signed his extension long ago. I don't think he'll go anywhere this season, but next Summer he could be gone. I think he's going to wait a little longer and see if the Nuggets bring in another star player.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    Several radio stations in town are reporting that Melo will not sign with Nuggets and has let the Nuggets know he will go elsewhere next season.
    From what I heard he is has not said that he wont return to the Nuggets, but is playing the Lebron James card and having teams court him.
    Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!

Quote Originally Posted by Southstander View Post
    From what I heard he is has not said that he wont return to the Nuggets, but is playing the Lebron James card and having teams court him.
    He should make a TV special and call it "The Next Decision"

Quote Originally Posted by Amari24 View Post
    He should make a TV special and call it "The Next Decision"
    LOL.
    Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!

Its nothing new, just, the same crap that espn spins the wrong way. Espn wants melo a knick bc that means they can show more knicks games,which gives them higher ratings and more money. Im confident melo will stay a nugget.

Melos twitter makes me more confident that,he is at least strongly considering staying.

Carmelo isn't dumb enough to come out and admit he wants out, no one is. Lebron played up staying in Cleveland even though a big majority of people knew he was leaving.

Denver just doesn't seem to fit in with Carmelo as a city, the team is obviously on its way down for several reasons, the window for winning anything is about a year from closing (if it hasn't closed already) so it's bluntly obvious he's heading to New York. If the Nuggets were smart, they'd start talking to teams now.

Melo should have stayed in Syracuse for another season or 2.

Nuggeta just sent out a email to all their email subscribers, saying that all these reports are pretty much laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
    Nuggeta just sent out a email to all their email subscribers, saying that all these reports are pretty much laughable.
    Can you forward it to my email or PM it to me???

If I was kroenke I would have a sitdown with melo and it would go something like this:

'Melo let me start by saying that my focus in denver is building a team that will win me a championship. I feel you are a great player and would be the center piece on that team in which to build around.

That being said, I want to win, and if you don't sign your extension.. I'm willing to trade you instead of taking the risk of letting you walk for nothing. Because that benefits the nuggets in no way and sets us back years. I'm not going to allow that to happen because our fans deserve better. The ball is in your court, so to speak.'

I'm a huge melo fan but the last thing I want to see is him leave like lebron did, leaving us in shambles when we could have traded him and gotten value for him. If he is unwilling to sign his extension than he obviously wishes to play elsewhere.
    Last edited by BluenOrnge4Life; 08-18-2010 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CodyRoark View Post
    Actually Carmelo himself tweeted that the reports are pretty much retarded...

Quote Originally Posted by CodyRoark View Post
    I just looked at it again. They posted it on denver nuggets webstie too. But here it is.

OPINION: Anthony's own words best source for Melo news
    By Aaron J. Lopez, Nuggets.com, 8-16-10
    Related Images

Chris Paul’s toast at Carmelo Anthony’s wedding last month made national headlines as he raised the possibility of joining forces with Melo someday in New York.
    Another toast flew under the radar but might have been equally influential as Anthony ponders his long-term future in Denver.

Nuggets owner Stan Kroenke raised his glass and said a few words at the July 10 wedding. Given the fact that loyalty is one of Anthony’s most valued characteristics, the gesture certainly was appreciated.

Though the Nuggets are in the process of restructuring their front office, the changes are not playing as much of a factor in Anthony’s decision whether to sign a contract extension as some people may think.

“If you were Melo, would you recommit now to an organization facing so many questions and offering so few answers? Me neither” Denver Post columnist Dave Krieger wrote last week.

With all due respect to my former Rocky Mountain News colleague Krieger, the best person to speak about Anthony’s future is Carmelo himself.

Anthony has been in touch with Kroenke, coaches, teammates and other front-office executives throughout the summer. There’s an open line of communication to provide answers to any questions on the mind of Melo.

During his annual basketball camp Saturday, Anthony told Post beat writer Chris Dempsey that the departure of executives Rex Chapman and Mark Warkentien and the pending hire of a new general manager will have little impact on his decision.

“I think my decision is my decision,” he said. “I don’t think it’s based on who is in the front office or anything like that. I’m going to make my decision based on my feelings.”

Front-office changes are hardly unique in the NBA and it should be noted that the Nuggets were in the midst of a transition when Anthony signed his first contract extension with Denver. He agreed to a five-year deal on July 12, 2006 – a little more than two months into the search to replace Kiki Vandeweghe.

Anthony told Dempsey that the Nuggets have kept him informed regarding offseason moves in free agency and their front office. The open dialogue is another sign of mutual respect between the Nuggets and their three-time All-Star.

“It’s good to make me feel a part of what’s going on over there,” Anthony said. “In the past, I didn’t want to be a part of those decisions because it was just too much to focus on that … But now, it’s serious business.”

In the coming weeks and season, there will be multiple stories quoting multiple unnamed sources regarding Anthony’s future. For now, the most credible source is Carmelo.

After ESPN.com posted yet another speculative story Monday saying Anthony already has made up his mind to leave Denver, Melo weighed in on his Twitter account.

"Funny how people come up with there own analysis of a situation," he tweeted. "I tell you boy ... Unbelievable." Yes, Anthony is still leaving his options open, but he also reiterated his loyalty to Denver during a larger question-and-answer session with the media Saturday.

“I’m a Denver Nugget, man,” he said. “I’m here, I’m with the Nuggets.”

We can all raise a glass to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
    I just looked at it again. They posted it on denver nuggets webstie too. But here it is.
    Until Melo signs his extension this is all wishful thinking to me. I get sick everytime I turn on the TV and hear all this talk that Melo wants to play elsewhere whether its for the Knicks, Nets, or Rockets. Even worse is the thought that he may walk away and we would get nothing for him.

@BlueNOrangeFTW