Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Powder Power!

Quote Originally Posted by kishzilla View Post
    But wouldn't it be a conflict of interests for the Denver franchise to solicit those customers? What you've brought up is more analogous to what we had before we created these separate boards.
    So what you're saying is that you think it's against the law to try and win customers over to your own business?

That's like saying it's illegal for Pizza Hut to solicit customers from Taco Bell, even though they are both owned by Yum Brands, Inc.

Trust us. It's fine.
    Sick avy by Blondie79

Quote Originally Posted by jetrazor74 View Post
    So what you're saying is that you think it's against the law to try and win customers over to your own business?

That's like saying it's illegal for Pizza Hut to solicit customers from Taco Bell, even though they are both owned by Yum Brands, Inc.

Trust us. It's fine.
    Well that's not what I alluded to but whatever. And in the situation that I put in my post, it would in fact be a breach of the franchise agreement for most businesses.

I bet if Pizza Hut started selling Bacon Club Chalupas there would be an issue.

Like I said, I'm not hating on or attacking the new section, I'm not even saying that it would ever become an issue. I was just curious if it had even been discussed and playing Devil's Advocate. It appears as though this was this first time it was brought up based on the responses.
    Last edited by kishzilla; 08-20-2010 at 11:38 PM.

Like I said, I'm not hating on or attacking the new section, I'm not even saying that it would ever become an issue. I was just curious if it had even been discussed and playing Devil's Advocate. It appears as though this was this first time it was brought up based on the responses.
    It was discussed. Just not with any of us in the room, so we can't really say what the specifics were.

Quote Originally Posted by Alastor View Post
    It was discussed. Just not with any of us in the room, so we can't really say what the specifics were.
    Well I'm aware that the lawyers aren't here to shed light on it. I was more interested in the opinions of the people I actually have access to.

Well I'm aware that the lawyers aren't here to shed light on it. I was more interested in the opinions of the people I actually have access to.
    Gotcha. Fair enough.

We're gold. We don't have "territories" or anything. You can buy a Bronco shirt in San Diego for example. If for some reason (running out of toilet paper) you want a Raiders jersey, you can order one through the team store at Mile High.

Gotcha. Fair enough.

We're gold. We don't have "territories" or anything. You can buy a Bronco shirt in San Diego for example. If for some reason (running out of toilet paper) you want a Raiders jersey, you can order one through the team store at Mile High.
    That makes sense.

It really is a sad state of affairs when we will probably have a sizable showing in here before long of all the Chargers fans fed up with their own boards. You would think their team would give a damn

If for some reason (running out of toilet paper) you want a Raiders jersey, you can order one through the team store at Mile High.
    Or I could just go here and make my own:

I can't afford $60+ each dump. I'd be homeless and living in a box wiping my ass with cutler jerseys by the end of the week

Is smacking the other teams ok in here?

Or I could just go here and make my own:

I can't afford $60+ each dump. I'd be homeless and living in a box wiping my ass with cutler jerseys by the end of the week

Is smacking the other teams ok in here?
    Yes.

ten cha

Yes.

ten cha
    I think you mean no???
    Sick avy by Blondie79

Quote Originally Posted by jetrazor74 View Post
    I think you mean no???
    i thought it was no as well....i thought smack talk was for smack and these forums are for fans of the opposing teams and the same rules apply that would for GD.......

The real answer is "No."

But ask a stupid question...

why would you even want to smack a team here when there is already a smack forum for that?

The real answer is "No."

But ask a stupid question...
    so its cool now for a mod to get pissy about a question he didnt like? and make a false statment to a point where it may cause confusion as to whats allowed in a forum where smack wasnt suppose to happen,enough to have another mod question.....

and then follow it up with a bait like ask a stupid question?

Im confused

Quote Originally Posted by elevation INC View Post
    so its cool now for a mod to get pissy about a question he didnt like? and make a false statment to a point where it may cause confusion as to whats allowed in a forum where smack wasnt suppose to happen,enough to have another mod question.....

Im confused
    Maybe you should ask him if it's ok to flame in here

Quote Originally Posted by elevation INC View Post

Im confused
    EINC,

The rules are pretty clear. It's not real hard to figure out. I made a joke and you're trying to quibble about it.

That's fine - as long as you don't go overboard. You seem to be doing that, but perhaps that's just my perception.

The rules are clear and despite the smart answer I gave above, I don't really think there's any basis for confusion here. I admire what I perceive to be your intent to quibble over details, but I'm not sure the manner in which you're going about it is likely to be either productive or funny.