Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ryan Mathews

Quote Originally Posted by Tarquin View Post
    I think he could.

He plays the Chiefs, Raiders and Broncos twice.

The Broncos aren't the world's best against the run. The Chiefs are pathetic and the Raiders are one injury away from 4-12.

If the injury bug stays in Broncos camp, you've got 6 pretty good shots at him having impressive days, just out of those 6 games.

Your schedule also isn't all that hard this season and you'll be relying more on the run game without Jackson in.

I could see him popping 1k easy. He might even get 1300. I do think Denver's run D is better this season and it sure looked that way from the Bengals game too, but the injuries are adding up already so we'll have to see how that pans out.

He could have a big rookie year though. Objectively, I'd take him on my fantasy team.
    i hope you are right

as long as he helps us win games and takes pressure off of the passing game.

Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    i agree with these numbers except i don't know if he will have that many TD's
    yeah its hard to predict TD's, thats why i put a ?

The guys on signonsandiego forum did a pretty good job of highlight on Ryan and Bears game.

RM's highlight: http://forum.signonsandiego.com/showthread.php?t=107489

Bears game: http://forum.signonsandiego.com/showthread.php?t=107505

DB

Quote Originally Posted by Denver_Bolts View Post
    The guys on signonsandiego forum did a pretty good job of highlight on Ryan and Bears game.

RM's highlight: http://forum.signonsandiego.com/showthread.php?t=107489

Bears game: http://forum.signonsandiego.com/showthread.php?t=107505

DB
    nice, thanks for that!

Great highlights, thanks!

This is actually the second time I watched that same highlight tape. Most of his good runs came in down and long where the defense was expecting a pass.

The fourth down run was good but that was solely based on the O-line. He had some nice moves, especially bouncing off of Dielman deep in his own territory.

He does look good. But... He was running in situations where they favored him greatly. The defense was in pass defense for a reason and Mathews got kind of a "prevent run" look allowing him to get some pretty simple yards there from time to time.

He looks good, but not LT like. Then again LT hasn't looked like LT in a couple of season either.

He does look good and it's his first game, even given the situations he was running in and the fact that it's the Bears. We'll have to see how he develops.

He looked sharp. Although I must admit that Major Wright's solo tackle where he picked Matthews up and dropped him was a beaut. Liking that Wright pick alot.

Quote Originally Posted by ursamajor View Post
    He looked sharp. Although I must admit that Major Wright's solo tackle where he picked Matthews up and dropped him was a beaut. Liking that Wright pick alot.
    I remember thinking that RM must of had so much going through his head he couldn't figure out which way to go after his little juke move, he kind of looked like a dear in headlights on the end of that run. Chalk it up to nerves.

Quote Originally Posted by 12and4 View Post
    Rushing yards... 1100
    Receiving yards..250
    TDs.................14?
    We needed a featured back, do I think we could have gotten better? Tough question to be sure. Using hindsight, at this point I think we did well, gotta give me a year or two before I say better or worse than that. Considering Mathews is playing like a good talent and if Cam Thomas progresses we might come out golden.

This is coming from a person who was in the Mount Cody/Best RB available group. Given Cody's issues we might have dodged a bullet, no thanks to me.

In the end, now keep in mind I guesstimate towards the low end, I always like to be surprised

Gonna say 800yds rushing, 300yds receiving and 6 TD's. Conservative? Yes, but he's a rookie and I'm hoping we see a lot of Tolbert and Sproles as well. They don't suck and I like the flotilla at RB philosophy.

I think the Chargers or anyone else would have been hard pressed to do better than Mathews as an acquisition at the RB position this off-season. There were not a whole lot of good ones out there for people to snag up.

I was a bit upset initially that Chargers traded up ahead of Houston for RM, but now that after watching the preseason, Houston may have found a gem in Arians Foster.

RM better tear it up this year cuz he is my #1 back in FF