Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Can we take a few moments to appreciate Gus Johnson's call one more time...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WUGC...eature=related

I am sure it still echoes in your ears. I still can't get enough of this!

TOOOOOOOOUCHHHHHHHHHHDOWNNNNNNNNN!!

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
    Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
    Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
    Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
    I still miss you Jake Plummer!

ಠ◡ಠ ⊙▃⊙ ಠ_ಠ ಠ~ಠ ಥ_ಥ
    I wish he was that animated in the new Madden, would be great breaking long plays just to hear "OH GOD! *player name in monotone* NO ONE'S GONNA CATCH HIM! WOOOOOOW"

I have mixed feelings about the play

it was amazing, and when I do watch it I end up watching it an extra 10 times..but missing out on the playoffs really put a damper on the play. Like 'oh yea that was great...but it was still kind of pointless in the big picture'.

Quote Originally Posted by TD30* View Post
    I have mixed feelings about the play

it was amazing, and when I do watch it I end up watching it an extra 10 times..but missing out on the playoffs really put a damper on the play. Like 'oh yea that was great...but it was still kind of pointless in the big picture'.
    you must be a real downer.

the best play we've had in the past... at least 8 years...

and by the third post...

lol

but yeah i loved his call, man was it a thing of beauty... it was almost as good as the play!

Quote Originally Posted by 12and4 View Post
    you must be a real downer.

the best play we've had in the past... at least 8 years...

and by the third post...

lol

but yeah i loved his call, man was it a thing of beauty... it was almost as good as the play!
    no need to be dooshey about it. just saying what i think. The point of football is to win and get to the playoffs and get to the superbowl, and considering we very easily couldve been in the playoffs I still have a sour taste from last year

I've still got this game on my dvr... should try and figure out how to get it put on my computer here soon lol... One of the greatest calls in the history of the game I believe.

Edit: I still refuse to say this play was 100% luck... I've had people say it bounced off Leon Halls helmet... if this were the case I wouldn't argue it being all luck or not lol.
    Last edited by Frenchy180; 08-20-2010 at 03:22 AM.
    *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women***

Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy180 View Post
    I've still got this game on my dvr... should try and figure out how to get it put on my computer here soon lol... One of the greatest calls in the history of the game I believe.

Edit: I still refuse to say this play was 100% luck... I've had people say it bounced off Leon Halls helmet... if this were the case I wouldn't argue it being all luck or not lol.
    I hate that too. I even analyzed the play when everyone said that it was pure luck. When they were saying everything they could to discredit Orton and that it should've been picked off or incomplete.

I'll bring it up one more time because I love analyzing plays...

First, let's start with the pass; Orton is trying to get it 20-30 yards down field and out of bounds to stop the clock. The ball is coming RIGHT to Marshall.

Next, look at the tip; Hall extended as far as he possibly could to just get a fingertip on the ball to pop it up into the air. In order to have intercepted the ball, he would've had to be 5" taller.

Now, the Bengals secondary; Hall is covering Marshall and jumps in front of him to knock the pass down, but can only get his fingers on it. The DB covering Stokley turns to follow the ball, pulling him off Stokley. Williams, being the player that he is, decides to try and level Marshall instead of playing the ball, which really is the most prevalent reason Stokley scores on this play.

Lastly, the potential catch; if Marshall comes down with the ball, all the defensive backs are too far away to make an immediate tackle, so he could take a few steps and quickly get out of bounds, stopping the clock and leaving the Broncos more time to get into FG range with less of the field to go down.

So there you have it, the play analyzed and broken down so everyone can understand exactly what did happen on the play, and what could've happened if Hall hadn't gotten a finger on the ball.

One of my many many many favorite Denver moments of befuddlement and wowshock.

All we needed was a FG. Some people make it sound like we had no chance but for some crazy lucky play, but take that play away and we still had a real chance to drive down another (what did we need -another 25 yards?) and kick a FG.

Instead the pass was tipped way up in the air where Stokes ( ) was chilling. Gus Johnson is and will forever be a Denver favorite and is my personal #1 favorite active pro blabber.

Considering the emotion and volume of the call you could easily change the words to something like:

"I CAN'T BREATH! OH MY GOD - I CAN'T BREATH!!!! HELP SOMEBODY HELP ME" .....GASP GASP GASP OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

And the emotion would still fit perfectly

I <3 Gus ~nohomo
    Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

I watch this play every couple of days, it is EASILY my favorite ever play

Heres a better link if you want it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OneiEg7rm20
    Dumervil's Biggest Fan

I like Gus,he brings a vibe to the fame that no other can.
    A lot of commentators make the game boring,but Gus makes you get up in throw a McDaniels fist pump.

Now to the play, I think it's in the top 5 for best catches if not top 8.

Quote Originally Posted by TD30* View Post
    no need to be dooshey about it. just saying what i think. The point of football is to win and get to the playoffs and get to the superbowl, and considering we very easily couldve been in the playoffs I still have a sour taste from last year
    LOL This reminds me of a great quote:

"Irony is a disciplinarian feared only by those who do not know it, but cherished by those who do"

Kierkegaard

Great Play!

I was not a member then, but I was following the game day thread that day. I remember checking the thread before the play, my hopes were kinda low at that point, and before the play had happened on my tv one poster wrote "I love you Stokley!" and I was wondering what the hell happened. Then I saw the play and was shocked!

EDIT: I looked back at the tread and it was Elway that wrote "I love you Stokley!" LOL.
    Last edited by Jack the Ripper; 08-20-2010 at 09:34 AM.
    Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
    Confucius

I remember when the game I was watching ended, and it switched to the Denver Game on this exact play. I literally screamed and went running through my dorm. I was almost as ballistic as Gus Johnson.

I will never forget that. I love it.

Gus Johnson is hilarious here is another one of his classics . Knicks vs Nuggets

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UO1nUfObERw

LOL Johnson is great
    "(Touchdowns) are the goal," Orton said. "You can run for as many yards as you want, throw for as many yards as you want, but you have to convert to seven points. I think we're going to be explosive, be dynamic, be versatile."

"Perception is everything in this league, and a lot of times, unless you're a self-promoter, it can become negative," - Kyle Orton

Kyle Orton Army member #83

OHHHHH Caught! Stokely down the sideline...

Like classical music truly a beautiful sound.

I'm older now and don't get all crazy when something cool happens but this play made me jump outta my seat screaming wooooohoooooooooo!

\